List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Voss needs to change his philosophy and trust the Kids. I have watched a lot of reserves over last few years. Most live. We have a lot of unrealised talent that IMO just needs a chance

Wilson - He's a beauty and what we need. Leg speed off HB and good ball user
Lord - Newcombe type mid with amazingly clean and quick hands. Great decision maker
Binns - Ball magnet. Could be an Ed Langdon type. Keeps running and surprisingly when given opportunity ball use improved
O'Keefe - Genuine Ruck/Fwd who can play. Tough and physical. Raw but won't let you down
Lemmey - Laconic but has ability. Give him a taste and may surprise
Moir - Issue early was fitness, effort but has really improved. Skills are unbelieveable
Ollie - put him at HB and he will stand up. Needs to run straight
Elijah - Big preason as a mid
Motlop - train as running defender. Gets lost up forward and in pre season was dynamic around the ball. Quick and skillful

Cincotta - Better than people think if given run. Tough, good skils. Put him on ball
Kemp - Elite talent finally released from defence. Put him wing/on ball and watch out. GAME Changer
Cowan - Saw him play mid in 2's and looked a natural. Hasn't been played there since?

Trust the kids, change some roles and things can change very quickly

Big preseasons into these kids is going to have a big influence on 2025.

Would love to see how we look if Moir and Billy Wilson force themselves into the 1s.

This side has genuine ability if trusted and we use a modern game plan. This is before we recruit anyone

B: Docherty Silvagni Cowan
HB: Wilson Weitering Hollands
C: Acres Cripps Kemp
HF: Cerra McKay Moir
F: O'Keefe Charlie Motlop
Foll: TDK Elijah Lord
Int: Walsh Boyd Binns Cincotta

Make the mature players earn their spots
Back the youth
More mobile and quicker with better ball use
Small forward is glaring issue

Last edited:

I'm yet to see 'it' with Wilson. I'm also disappointed that he spent a year at half back when we were told he was recruited as a midfielder. Clearly drafted to add speed to the midfield and yet hasn't played there at the lower level. At face value it looks like a wasted year.

I'm yet to see 'it' with Wilson. I'm also disappointed that he spent a year at half back when we were told he was recruited as a midfielder. Clearly drafted to add speed to the midfield and yet hasn't played there at the lower level. At face value it looks like a wasted year.
Injury and concussion and only played a handful of games

Plan is to move him into midfield eventually but starting at HB as that's where he has played juniors

He's a beauty

Geelong need a earlier pick for Bailey Smith......do we dangle our first rounder for TDK's brother

Geelong need a earlier pick for Bailey Smith......do we dangle our first rounder for TDK's brother
I'd rather dangle it directly from Smith, but SDK wouldn't be a bad second choice. Not sure if he would be worth our first exactly. Maybe our first and their 3rd rounder next year back for some Cody Walker points.

I'd rather dangle it directly from Smith, but SDK wouldn't be a bad second choice. Not sure if he would be worth our first exactly. Maybe our first and their 3rd rounder next year back for some Cody Walker points.
Problem would be is that we won't have the salary cap for Smith but could probably fit in SDK and a bit of help for Weitering is required.

Yeah I have zero idea why anyone thinks we'd be able to get SDK out of Geelong.

If anything, there salary cap is opening up. There'll be more money there, they (sadly) seem to be a better run club etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Problem would be is that we won't have the salary cap for Smith but could probably fit in SDK and a bit of help for Weitering is required.
Apparently Smith isn't looking for a tonne of cash. Sounds like he's moving for a Cerra-esque amount, like 700k. We could definitely fit him in.

The whole selection by age is an interesting discussion. Sides at our level (top 8), aren't blooding or playing kids as a development standpoint, they are selected when ready and or if they add to the whole

• Binns isn't far off finding consistency
  • Moir despite some thinking he would be delisted or doesn't have mental toughness is showing rapid growth, another preseason and he could be a regular
  • Wilson has to find better levels before being considered
  • Lord is a young Hewett type, not far away, but needs to work on some areas
  • HOK, tipping he debuts next season
There is no set formula of what age brackets NEED to be, it just doesn't work that way

Last edited:
Looked overweight and really struggled when he came back from injury mid season. Motlop could be a star if he's fit. He's only 20 so has time. Injury ruined his season.
What star qualities, has he shown?

Heā€™d need to find some pace and effort to be a starā€¦

Would be surprised if Binns isnā€™t at least exploring his options and finding a home where he can get more opportunities.

If the Houston & Haynes interest is real then would also think players like Boyd, Young & Kemp might see the writing on the wall.

If Parker is available would we consider bringing him in to play as a high half-forward and provide guidance/direction to our forwards for a couple of years?

I get that the concensus is that Smith will end up at Geelong.
I still believe that Austin has to get in front of Smith and do his best to get him to Carlton.
That is Austin's job. He should be getting in front of any and everyone who can make our side better.

I still believe that Austin has to get in front of Smith and do his best to get him to Carlton.
That is Austin's job. He should be getting in front of any and everyone who can make our side better.
Geelong donā€™t often miss when they target a player, I am sure some salary cap room will be opened up through Baileys association with CottonOn..

In saying this if we put Judd, Crippa and Murphy in for t of him and talk about the opportunities that become available through the Carlton business network it will at least make him think.

The main issue might just be football related, I suspect Baz wants to play as an inside mid, we are stacked in this area already.

Look at sides like Geelong GWS Sydney Hawks and how they have "balanced" development with success.

They know it takes a list of 30 plus to win a flag. During the season they have blooded and given games to players so they have some experience and are ready. This can happen over a couple of years. Some have come on quicker and stayed in the side. Last year Pies flag side had 4 1st or 2nd year players and they debuted another 2.

We don't do that. Many of our younger players were picked out of neccessity

I said during the season we were 'banged up' and many players were struggling to get up each week. Yet, we kept playing them when we could have given a younger player a run.

Binns has been knocking down the door for 12 months, Lord showed a lot straight away and kept getting better

I was also surprised we didn't bring in another player in mid season when we had a spot and so many injured players

I go back to the last 2 weeks of the year. The way many stood up, the way we played and the energy it brought was better than anything we showed all year. Bringing in youth can bring a lot to any side

I just find it strange he didnā€™t nominate a club, everyone else has that still is playing in finals so I donā€™t buy that as an excuse at all.

Maybe heā€™d prefer Geelong or maybe heā€™s given the dogs a couple of clubs heā€™d prefer to play with.

Who the **** knows, but right now itā€™s not locked into the cats only imo

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Dogs wanting a pick in the top 12 for Smith... Wonder if we could get involved with something like the following...

Carlton trade: pick 11 + 31 + F4 to Cats
Cats give back: pick 16 + F1

Carlton trade: blues F1 + Cats F1 to Tigers
Tigers give back: picks 12 + 17 (both depend on what they get for Bolton/ Baker)

Carlton
Out: picks 11 + 31 + F4
In: picks 12 + 16 + 17

Richmond
Out: picks 12 + 16
In: F1 (blues) + F1 (Cats)

Cats
Out: picks 16 + F1
In: Smith (pick 11) + pick 31 + F4

We could turn picks 16 + 17 in to Houston + pick 37 and would essentially make it:
Out: picks 11 + 31 + F4
In: Houston + picks 12 & 37

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back