List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Voss is far too conservative with the line up he keeps churning out. We then end up with our young players languishing in the twos with no exposure to senior football.

So far he has put together 3 half seasons across the three years. We are not going to land some A grader in the off season that will cure our problems. The problems range from match day tactics, to personnel.

I would like to see more appearances from Lord, Moir and Binns next year, and the blooding of Wilson.

Our small forward contingent is a huge concern - don't hit the scoreboard, fail to apply pressure and go missing for large periods. We're pushing $hit uphill if our current contingent roll out the same performances next year.

If Kemp is going to be the third tall option up forward, then he needs to train in that role, and Young has to be persisted with - he was one of our better players in the EF, and given his age, it would be great long term if he and Weiters can form a solid back half partnership.

The rigid contest-laden game plan gets exposed against the speedier and high pressure teams. I have not seen the stats but feel that more often than not our pressure ratings were mid level.

KPD - speed - HFF and small forwards.

The goals he kicked in the back half of last year, including the 2 in a massive final against Melbourne.

We tend to forget VERY quickly when players have a bad patch

Motlop has shown some real good glimpses
Cerra is a gun
Walsh is a star
Hewett is just a bull
Ollie showed a lot last year
Williams can really play

Yet people seem to right many of them off this year when simply having a bad run or playing injured

It's such a tough game these days I rekcon most struggle if not close to 100% fit

Dogs wanting a pick in the top 12 for Smith... Wonder if we could get involved with something like the following...

Carlton trade: pick 11 + 31 + F4 to Cats
Cats give back: pick 16 + F1

Carlton trade: blues F1 + Cats F1 to Tigers
Tigers give back: picks 12 + 17 (both depend on what they get for Bolton/ Baker)

Carlton
Out: picks 11 + 31 + F4
In: picks 12 + 16 + 17

Richmond
Out: picks 12 + 16
In: F1 (blues) + F1 (Cats)

Cats
Out: picks 16 + F1
In: Smith (pick 11) + pick 31 + F4

We could turn picks 16 + 17 in to Houston + pick 37 and would essentially make it:
In: Houston + picks 12 & 37

Good post. I have no doubt we are very much looking at scenarios like this with many clubs

Commiserations fellas, injuries to key players at the wrong time of the season makes a finals run pretty challenging. How is the post season shaping up, from an outsiderā€™s perspective it seems Berry and Travaglia would be good selections with pick 11?

Have discussed it here briefly before but now that your picks are allocated would there be interest in Barrass, Petruccelle or Liam Ryan?

We are in a position to contribute significant salary if that helps the Blues cap position. With that in mind what does a trade look like with your available picks if thereā€™s interest?

Commiserations fellas, injuries to key players at the wrong time of the season makes a finals run pretty challenging. How is the post season shaping up, from an outsiderā€™s perspective it seems Berry and Travaglia would be good selections with pick 11?

Have discussed it here briefly before but now that your picks are allocated would there be interest in Barrass, Petruccelle or Liam Ryan?

We are in a position to contribute significant salary if that helps the Blues cap position. With that in mind what does a trade look like with your available picks if thereā€™s interest?
Wouldnā€™t say no to Liam Ryan.. I liked Petrucelle and wondered if in a better side he might be a better player.. donā€™t think we can afford Barrass

Cerra is a gun
Walsh is a star
Hewett is just a bull
Williams can really play

Yet people seem to right many of them off this year when simply having a bad run or playing injured

It's such a tough game these days I rekcon most struggle if not close to 100% fit
We over rate our players
Walsh post back injury has lost his burst of pace. Is not the "A" Grader he was. I hope he finds his mojo
Cerra just has not delivered like the pick 6 we gave up for him. Again conditional on finding fitness.
Motlop. Season 4 next year. I would say last year he showed glimpses. This year looks unmotivated
Williams completely underwelming for 700K+ player. Kicked 1 goal in his last 4 matches

The difference between our ceiling and floor is so pronounced because these so called top end talents go completely missing compared to the role players at other clubs

We over rate our players
Walsh post back injury has lost his burst of pace. Is not the "A" Grader he was. I hope he finds his mojo
Cerra just has not delivered like the pick 6 we gave up for him. Again conditional on finding fitness.
Motlop. Season 4 next year. I would say last year he showed glimpses. This year looks unmotivated
Williams completely underwelming for 700K+ player. Kicked 1 goal in his last 4 matches

The difference between our ceiling and floor is so pronounced because these so called top end talents go completely missing compared to the role players at other clubs

Is it the players, fitness, the coaching, the system or the environment or a combination?

I don't know the answer but I can't believe many of these players are as bad as they have shown based purely on ability

Last edited:

And Ladies!

Barrass has requested a trade to the Hawks.

Wouldnā€™t say no to Liam Ryan.. I liked Petrucelle and wondered if in a better side he might be a better player.. donā€™t think we can afford Barrass
I wouldn't give up much at all for Ryan. Mitchell try to get him to the hawks last year but does not want to leave family in WA.

Would be a huge flight risk

Dogs wanting a pick in the top 12 for Smith... Wonder if we could get involved with something like the following...

Carlton trade: pick 11 + 31 + F4 to Cats
Cats give back: pick 16 + F1

Carlton trade: blues F1 + Cats F1 to Tigers
Tigers give back: picks 12 + 17 (both depend on what they get for Bolton/ Baker)

Carlton
In: picks 12 + 16 + 17

Richmond
Out: picks 12 + 16
In: F1 (blues) + F1 (Cats)

Cats
Out: picks 16 + F1
In: Smith (pick 11) + pick 31 + F4

We could turn picks 16 + 17 in to Houston + pick 37 and would essentially make it:
In: Houston + picks 12 & 37
We're not getting picks 12, 16 & 17 for 11 and 31

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong donā€™t often miss when they target a player, I am sure some salary cap room will be opened up through Baileys association with CottonOn..

In saying this if we put Judd, Crippa and Murphy in for t of him and talk about the opportunities that become available through the Carlton business network it will at least make him think.

The main issue might just be football related, I suspect Baz wants to play as an inside mid, we are stacked in this area already.
Baz is quick and will push out Kennedy.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Cerra is a gun
Walsh is a star
Hewett is just a bull
Williams can really play

Hoping with a new fitness program we can reset some of our guys like Walsh, Cerra, and Williams. Williams had a purple patch for us mid season and was basically our best small forward after about 2 weeks of playing there.

Problem we have is Walsh and Cerra play the same position, neither of them are defensively minded like Hewitt and Lordā€¦.its an issue imo

Is it the players, fitness, the coaching, the sytem or the environment or a combination of both?

I don't know the answer but I can't believe many of these players are as bad as they have shown based purely on ability
Premierships require everything to go right but consistent success (top 4) depends on all facets of the club being best in class.
It starts off field where we have not had a driven top class President or Ceo. I also think for some reason we fail at brutal honesty.
The last review was a case in point. We knew we needed change. Fitness was an issue. The football department was questionablly lead and yet we made 1 significant change which was the Senior Coach and brought in a CEO, who was never long term. (Cook may not be the wrong choice but 2 years in to a 3 year tenure is too late to change manage)

My view on the leadership
Sayers - He has made his money on 2 dimensional spin doctoring and not 3 dimensional running a business with moving parts. He also was part of the last regime and not a change from failure to success. He is not a president who seems to hold people to account and will lead you to success.

Lloyd- He was ditched by Fremantle and has survived to reviews at Carlton. Where is the evidence that he is successful

Austin- This is his 5th draft and take out Acres & Hollands & Cowan and its hard to pinpoint absolute success. Is Agresta the problem but why do Hawthorn and Geelong hit the target with late picks and we can not.

Cooke- No doubt he is good but shouldn't he have set up succession with 12 months to go, given the club is at an inflexion point? (

Call me negative, but objectively, warning lights are flashing red on list profile, age, game plan, fitness and leadership

I would like the club to take a dynamic approach.
I am not convinced the Camporeale Twins are the players we need. Are they covered by Lord, Hewett and Kennedy?
I don't expect Austin to telegraph his list strategy but I would like to see

A) Go hard at Leek Alir - Plays a role we need. Will give us drive just by freeing up Weiters.
B) Get up the List to Snag Travalgia. (He looks a 10 year burst from Stoppage or Running HBF)
C) Trade in next years first and draft the best small fwd
D) Rookie Liam Mcmahon

That sort of outcome (might be unrealistic) makes strategic sense.

This side has genuine ability if trusted and we use a modern game plan. This is before we recruit anyone

B: Docherty Silvagni Cowan
HB: Wilson Weitering Hollands
C: Acres Cripps Kemp
HF: Cerra McKay Moir
F: O'Keefe Charlie Motlop
Foll: TDK Elijah Lord
Int: Walsh Boyd Binns Cincotta

Make the mature players earn their spots
Back the youth
More mobile and quicker with better ball use
Small forward is glaring issue
Saad?
Hewett?

I understand your sentiment but I just don't see a world where the likes of Wilson, HOK etc are getting in ahead of others at this stage.

We over rate our players
Not true.
When he came back into the side after missing the first 4 games he was killing it.
With the Coaches' Votes as a guide, polled in 9 of his first 11 games, and was coming 7th in the League in round 16, despite missing those first 4 games.
Very much an A grader.
Copped another injury and struggled after then, but still played some really good footy in the last few weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back