List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Any hunches soap?

Nothing that probably hasn't been discussed.

Be interetsing to see how many will be told that's it and how many may be told to wait until after trade period for a possible contract

I am expecting Carroll to ask for a trade and I am keen to hear what happens with Owies

Nothing that probably hasn't been discussed.

Be interetsing to see how many will be told that's it and how many may be told to wait until after trade period for a possible contract

I am expecting Carroll to ask for a trade and I am keen to hear what happens with Owies
Iā€™m hoping at a minimum that the 3 key injury prones are not on our books next season.

Injuries has literally crippled us to the degreee that itā€™s hard to make a confident call on all other aspects of the clubā€¦.

Iā€™m hoping at a minimum that the 3 key injury prones are not on our books next season.

Injuries has literally crippled us to the degreee that itā€™s hard to make a confident call on all other aspects of the clubā€¦.

My take:

Marchbank will retire
Cuningham delisted
Martin delisted or late trade
S.Durdin delisted
Akuei delisted
Mirkov delisted
M.Carroll delisted

Carroll trade

Owies trade?
Fantasia delisted?

Duffy will come in as Cat B
Lord will be retained and needs to take a spot as he's filling Silvagni LTI

My call is 9 out and 8 in, of which 4-6 will be draftees incl Campo twins.
Means 2-4 trades, DFA or SSP's

My take:

Marchbank will retire
Cuningham delisted
Martin delisted or late trade
S.Durdin delisted
Akuei delisted
Mirkov delisted
M.Carroll delisted

Carroll trade

Owies trade?
Fantasia delisted?
Agree. I do wonder if we'd move Fantasia to the rookie list to open a senior spot for Boyd. Seems logical to me and stops us needing to pay out Orazio's deal.

I doubt Fantasia will be delisted, we cannot cut that deep and I thought he was serviceable at AFL level.

He probably will stay as he has a contract but IMO we need to move past "serviceable" and overall I thought he was poor, is injury prone and won't get better

I reckon he's the type of player we need to move past

Could well depend upon what opportunities we get to bring players in

Not true.
When he came back into the side after missing the first 4 games he was killing it.
With the Coaches' Votes as a guide, polled in 9 of his first 11 games, and was coming 7th in the League in round 16, despite missing those first 4 games.
Very much an A grader.
Copped another injury and struggled after then, but still played some really good footy in the last few weeks.
Again, after round 16 which coincided with our collapse, Walsh could not burst. It would be logical that the "other injury" had something to do with his back. It is what it is, Walsh seemed to struggle for pace when it counted. If you want to argue that his receipt of coaches votes relates to his burst from stoppage, to mask a reality because it is easier than face the harsh truth- Well that is your perogative

He probably will stay as he has a contract but IMO we need to move past "serviceable" and overall I thought he was poor, is injury prone and won't get better

I reckon he's the type of player we need to move past

Could well depend upon what opportunities we get to bring players in
In a perfect world yes, but we don't live in such a world. I think he offers more than say Binns currently and we're not calling for Binns to be cut.
Strangely enough, he was a better asset than Durdin and we gave him two years.

You're not going to have a list of 38 guns and Fantasia can play a certain role at times and it was his first year in our system.

Not sure picking a player with pick 60 is going to achieve better results than keeping Fantasia on our list.

I doubt Fantasia will be delisted, we cannot cut that deep and I thought he was serviceable at AFL level.
It also wouldn't be good practice to offer a player coming into the club a 2 year deal to secure him, then cut him after the first. Not a good look for other players who may be potentially interested in joining our club.

Wouldnā€™t say no to Liam Ryan.. I liked Petrucelle and wondered if in a better side he might be a better player.. donā€™t think we can afford Barrass
What would a trade look like for Ryan? Your 1R is too high but 2R is too low.

Youā€™re right about Petch. He needs to be plugged into a system where he can use his speed, heā€™s also deceptively tall and very good overhead. Again your 2R is probably too much.

Carlton have asked about Barrass but no idea how much further those talks have gone/not gone. Barrass has nominated Hawks but heā€™s pretty keen to get to Victoria regardless (his siblings now live there) and Eagles and Hawks remain a decent distance apart.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What would a trade look like for Ryan? Your 1R is too high but 2R is too low.

Youā€™re right about Petch. He needs to be plugged into a system where he can use his speed, heā€™s also deceptively tall and very good overhead. Again your 2R is probably too much.

Carlton have asked about Barrass but no idea how much further those talks have gone/not gone. Barrass Gā€™s nominated Hawks but heā€™s pretty keen to get to Victoria regardless (his siblings now live there) and Eagles and Hawks remain a decent distance apart.
Liam Ryan is turning 28. Most likely a 3rd rounder at best

Liam Ryan is turning 28. Most likely a 3rd rounder at best
Obviously for Blues posters to speculate but Iā€™d be very surprised if WCE agreed to a 3R from any club with two years remaining on his contract. Wouldnā€™t want to trade him but we also need draft capital that comes in before a Malakai Champion bid.

And Ladies!

Barrass has requested a trade to the Hawks.

My apologies AND ladies! Barrass has indicated that is his preference and WCE will try and facilitate that but the clubs remain some distance apart and he has some very good reasons for be playing in Victoria. Wouldnā€™t discount other Vic clubs just yet.

Obviously for Blues posters to speculate but Iā€™d be very surprised if WCE agreed to a 3R from any club with two years remaining on his contract. Wouldnā€™t want to trade him but we also need draft capital that comes in before a Malakai Champion bid.
He's best season was 2019 where he kicked 30 goals. Been declining year on year since. Not sure what your expecting with that output.

So that makes him elite? Do we overlook the lack of chasing, fitness, crumbing, creativity?
You asked what star qualities he has shown.
The quality of the goals he kicked, which included from crumbing and creativity showed the quality.

Unfortunately, injuries ruined his year, and due to other injuries (mainly) we played him when he shouldn't have.
Just because he was not nearly fit enough when he came into the side, and played poorly this year, does not mean that he hasn't shown star qualities.

We tend to forget VERY quickly when players have a bad patch

Motlop has shown some real good glimpses
Cerra is a gun
Walsh is a star
Hewett is just a bull
Ollie showed a lot last year
Williams can really play

Yet people seem to right many of them off this year when simply having a bad run or playing injured

It's such a tough game these days I rekcon most struggle if not close to 100% fit

Cerra - Has shown the consistency of an average midfielder, he ainā€™t no gun (yet)
Williams - has shown SFA at Carlton
Motlop - Has shown no consistency and lacks effort. To the extent most here would trade him. He ainā€™t no star player.

I agree with your summation on Walsh & Hewettā€¦ Ollie showed a bit this year in the last 4-5 weeks when he got released off the wingā€¦

A 20 year old kid that had an awesome preseason, was injured in the last preseason game and then injured again in one off Russell's classic rehabilitation moves. (is there a more dangerous place in world sport than Russell's boot camps)

Perhaps with the clubs new high performance team, and hopefully better mentoring for the younger interstate players, this won't happen again.

Every AFL player is also a human, and at 20 I'm not sure many of us completely understood what was required of us to be professionals.

I'm not saying he did anything like Tyson Stengle, cause he didn't. But what Stengle did 1 month ago which resulted in him being rushed from a club to the hospital is very quickly forgotten when he kicks 4 goals in a qualifying final.

I don't think a club should just give up on a talented kid because he struggled with injury recovery for the first time in his career, I'd prefer the club to look more at the why and the support networks, rather than blaming the individual.

Itā€™s pretty disappointing though that the highest paid High Performance Manager in the game couldnā€™t get Jesse motivated to rehab properly.

Will be interesting to see where JSOS fits into plans next year - will he play second ruck to TDK and Pitto misses out / will we play two rucks and JSOS is a permanent forward / will JSOS be trialled down back / will he be VFL depth.

JSOS needs to be turned in a backman IMO. Might be too slow, but it's worth a go. I don't think he fits in to our tall forwardline. Think he could end up becoming a really great backman and it could save his career. If Rory Lobb can do it, JSOS can.

Dogs wanting a pick in the top 12 for Smith... Wonder if we could get involved with something like the following...

Carlton trade: pick 11 + 31 + F4 to Cats
Cats give back: pick 16 + F1

Carlton trade: blues F1 + Cats F1 to Tigers
Tigers give back: picks 12 + 17 (both depend on what they get for Bolton/ Baker)

Carlton
Out: picks 11 + 31 + F4
In: picks 12 + 16 + 17

Richmond
Out: picks 12 + 16
In: F1 (blues) + F1 (Cats)

Cats
Out: picks 16 + F1
In: Smith (pick 11) + pick 31 + F4

We could turn picks 16 + 17 in to Houston + pick 37 and would essentially make it:
Out: picks 11 + 31 + F4
In: Houston + picks 12 & 37
Take your Carlton glasses off

Commiserations fellas, injuries to key players at the wrong time of the season makes a finals run pretty challenging. How is the post season shaping up, from an outsiderā€™s perspective it seems Berry and Travaglia would be good selections with pick 11?

Have discussed it here briefly before but now that your picks are allocated would there be interest in Barrass, Petruccelle or Liam Ryan?

We are in a position to contribute significant salary if that helps the Blues cap position. With that in mind what does a trade look like with your available picks if thereā€™s interest?
Have heard Ryan for Jack carroll

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back