List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

What "condition" was he in? I watched him during pre season and he looked awesome. Sadly, another Hammy cruelled him and like others with same issue he never really recovered
Battled turf toe firstly for a while, then back to back hamstrings which from memory cost him a couple of monthsā€¦
Was certainly looking great preseason, running and covering the ground between contests to improve his impact was really encouragingā€¦

JSOS needs to be turned in a backman IMO. Might be too slow, but it's worth a go. I don't think he fits in to our tall forwardline. Think he could end up becoming a really great backman and it could save his career. If Rory Lobb can do it, JSOS can.
Rory Lobb is 207cm give it up on JSOS that a wet dream becoming a really great backman and you know Voss will have nothing of it he either play as a 3rd tall Brad Fisher type helping at Ruck or the the Two

PommyinOz has done an in depth view into our trading options for this year on youtube, what we can and can't do and to loosely quote him, "if you think your player is ordinary, other clubs will think he is ordinary, so don't expect a magical pick for him if you trade him"

For a guy who didn't grow up on the game, he understands the intricacies better than most

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JSOS needs to be turned in a backman IMO. Might be too slow, but it's worth a go. I don't think he fits in to our tall forwardline. Think he could end up becoming a really great backman and it could save his career. If Rory Lobb can do it, JSOS can.

Just not athletic or quick enough for that role

I'd like to know what Freo thought of medical? Our club reckons he's done
He can still play obviously Freo have spots to take a one year deal we haven't got enough spots and cutting him free cash for Weitering and TDK next season as they demand it with long contract. I also think it why Owies may be a casualty as we know Walsh comes off contract the year after. Players can pass medical test but Martin near 30. Their several players off contact next year and i can see Fantasia if not paid out this year and Silvagni not getting contracts first up as all TDK, Weitering, Saad, Cerra, Motlop, Docherty, Newman,Mcgovern, Kennedy, Hewett , Cincotta, Motlop and Kemp are off contract and basically all would continue if they in best 22 and injury free. Lord, Wilson and Lemmy would be not progessing to be cut. Lemmy important for a key position spot at 20 is still rather young and developing. I think Newman and Doc would continue in 2027 if we haven't falling down the ladder. Wilson. Binns, Boyd, Fogerty, Williams, Young all signed until 2026 would either be traded or paid out their last year.

Voss needs to change his philosophy and trust the Kids. I have watched a lot of reserves over last few years. Most live. We have a lot of unrealised talent that IMO just needs a chance

I thought the last 2 rounds showed this

Wilson - He's a beauty and what we need. Leg speed off HB and good ball user
Lord - Newcombe type mid with amazingly clean and quick hands. Great decision maker
Binns - Ball magnet. Could be an Ed Langdon type. Keeps running and surprisingly when given opportunity ball use improved
O'Keefe - Genuine Ruck/Fwd who can play. Tough and physical. Raw but won't let you down
Lemmey - Laconic but has ability. Give him a taste and may surprise
Moir - Issue early was fitness, effort but has really improved. Skills are unbelieveable
Ollie - put him at HB and he will stand up. Needs to run straight
Elijah - Big preason as a mid
Motlop - train as running defender. Gets lost up forward and in pre season was dynamic around the ball. Quick and skillful

Cincotta - Better than people think if given run. Tough, good skils and burst of speed. Put him on ball
Kemp - Elite talent finally released from defence. Put him wing/on ball and watch out. GAME Changer. Most underrated and underutilised player on list
Cowan - Saw him play mid in 2's and looked a natural. Hasn't been played there since?

Trust the kids, change some roles and things can change very quickly
Best post Iā€™ve read for ages šŸ‘

But he is athletic and quick enough to play forward against the guys that are more athletic and quicker than him?

Is Weitering quick and athletic? I reckon like Jack heā€™s just a smart footballer

I like to look for reasons why as opposed to why not but thatā€™s just me

There's a chance we could get something for Martin, and we should be able to get a 2nd rounder for Owies.
I didn't mean Owies you keep him but could be a casualty for up and coming contact of TDK and Weitering i can see club working on this that why he might move. Martin pick we will unlikely use that Freo will get him as a free delisting. We not going to be mugs trying to force them a very late pick we not using unless that pick has points for father and son.

He probably will stay as he has a contract but IMO we need to move past "serviceable" and overall I thought he was poor, is injury prone and won't get better

I reckon he's the type of player we need to move past

Could well depend upon what opportunities we get to bring players in
Would have thought the salary cap means there'll always be a few merely serviceable players on every list.

I'm not expecting Fantasia to stay beyond 2025, but I'm fine with him sticking around next year. At least he does his job defensively more often than not.

Have heard Ryan for Jack carroll
Ryan would only come if the contract more than 2 years got be realistic he isn't turning his life upside down to find a place move his family for 1 or 2 years. The same is for Jack Darling to North Melbourne. Sam Durdin a rookie wouldn't move from SA until he was guarantee a minimum 2 years or 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back