List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Would take Caleb Daniel before McRae, Austin should suss him out, disgruntled mid season and can help us change lanes & angles coming out of defense with his kicking.

Is Weitering quick and athletic? I reckon like Jack heā€™s just a smart footballer

I like to look for reasons why as opposed to why not but thatā€™s just me
There is no chance he is playing down back it isn't going to happen unless we aiming bottom 4. He is handy up forward at times especially when we playing bottom side and need one of our key forward rested. Silvagni will be like Whitnall not Lance used as spare just like Graeme was.

*Mod Edit: No personal attacks. Post edited.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no chance he is playing down back it isn't going to happen unless we aiming bottom 4. He is handy up forward at times especially when we playing bottom side and need one of our key forward rested. Silvagni will be like Whitnall not Lance used as spare just like Graeme was.

That said I'd take JSOS' smarts over burst speed. He would be pretty dour as a defender and I would trust his physically and read against most forwards.

Last edited by a moderator:
What would a trade look like for Ryan? Your 1R is too high but 2R is too low.

Youā€™re right about Petch. He needs to be plugged into a system where he can use his speed, heā€™s also deceptively tall and very good overhead. Again your 2R is probably too much.

Carlton have asked about Barrass but no idea how much further those talks have gone/not gone. Barrass has nominated Hawks but heā€™s pretty keen to get to Victoria regardless (his siblings now live there) and Eagles and Hawks remain a decent distance apart.

Future 1st for Ryan & your future 2nd:

Petrucelle straight swap for Jack Carroll is about right.

Poor Lachie Obrien i thought he was ok got cut a year with a contract remaining. I thought some club would give him a life line. I guess with Holland Brothers,Cerra, Binns ,Acres and Camporeale coming in their was no spots also with Hewett, Kennedy. Cottrell etc

Depends what we get for them...

Makes sense... but there are two problems with Williams:

1 - He is another who is perennially injured
2 - We don't know what to do with him... we brought him in to play as a mid - didn't work. Play him at hb - he can't defend for shit. Play him forward... worked for a bit... but he hasn't impacted the sb much in his last 4 games so who knows how he'll go next year? Then we put him back in the back line in the ef...
This I dont think he has a position in our best 22. Kind of what I think about Silvagni.

Poor Lachie Obrien i thought he was ok got cut a year with a contract remaining. I thought some club would give him a life line. I guess with Holland Brothers,Cerra, Binns ,Acres and Camporeale coming in their was no spots also with Hewett, Kennedy. Cottrell etc
There was definitely a player there, much like Dow, SPS, Fisher and Stocker I feel our development failed them. Overcoached their instinct away...

There would be a range of reasons for the drop off. No doubt Cerra, injury and drop in form would contributeā€¦

Still doesnā€™t mean Cerra is a gun (yet), heā€™s no where near the levels of Cripps, Walsh, Bont, Daicos or the other gun midfieldersā€¦
We will see the real Cerra and Motlop next year if they over their injury we will either see how good they are or if they just a tease. Motlop looked great pre season just like how Cameron Polson did but shit can happen injury and deliberate pandemics created can create poor performances. You can bet the US Election going on nasty crap is going to hit us all already Elton Musk talking about it wait for the Black Swan effect no tin foil hat needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will see the real Cerra and Motlop next year if they over their injury we will either see how good they are or if they just a tease. Motlop looked great pre season just like how Cameron Polson did but shit can happen injury and deliberate pandemics created can create poor performances. You can bet the US Election going on nasty crap is going to hit us all already Elton Musk talking about it wait for the Black Swan effect no tin foil hat needed.
Pretty sure we've already seen the best of them, injuries or not. Both are limited.

Cerra - Has shown the consistency of an average midfielder, he ainā€™t no gun (yet)
Williams - has shown SFA at Carlton
Motlop - Has shown no consistency and lacks effort. To the extent most here would trade him. He ainā€™t no star player.

I agree with your summation on Walsh & Hewettā€¦ Ollie showed a bit this year in the last 4-5 weeks when he got released off the wingā€¦

Im actually struggling to fit Ollie into my best 22. :think: :think:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back