List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Dogs wanting a pick in the top 12 for Smith... Wonder if we could get involved with something like the following...

Carlton trade: pick 11 + 31 + F4 to Cats
Cats give back: pick 16 + F1

Carlton trade: blues F1 + Cats F1 to Tigers
Tigers give back: picks 12 + 17 (both depend on what they get for Bolton/ Baker)

Carlton
Out: picks 11 + 31 + F4
In: picks 12 + 16 + 17

Richmond
Out: picks 12 + 16
In: F1 (blues) + F1 (Cats)

Cats
Out: picks 16 + F1
In: Smith (pick 11) + pick 31 + F4

We could turn picks 16 + 17 in to Houston + pick 37 and would essentially make it:
In: Houston + picks 12 & 37
This is McGovern all over again, no way. You've left the future 1st we've given up out of most of the transactions, by the way.

This kind of thinking just hastens our demise if we don't win a few flags in the next 3 seasons.

Yeah, I just want to see durds get a full pre season in and then hopefully played a lot more around the middle. Same goes for mots, I see these two rotating mid/forward at times
would love to see that, Durds in 2022 looked like a mid to me...

Why canā€™t we just play players to there strengths and positions they know/excel in?
imo, thereā€™s two many times where trying to ram a square peg into a round hole.
And I feel like vossy is strangling the the team in how he wants them to play.
Release the shackles and allow line breaking players to line break ect ect

Dogs wanting a pick in the top 12 for Smith... Wonder if we could get involved with something like the following...

Carlton trade: pick 11 + 31 + F4 to Cats
Cats give back: pick 16 + F1

Carlton trade: blues F1 + Cats F1 to Tigers
Tigers give back: picks 12 + 17 (both depend on what they get for Bolton/ Baker)

Carlton
In: picks 12 + 16 + 17

Richmond
Out: picks 12 + 16
In: F1 (blues) + F1 (Cats)

Cats
Out: picks 16 + F1
In: Smith (pick 11) + pick 31 + F4

We could turn picks 16 + 17 in to Houston + pick 37 and would essentially make it:
In: Houston + picks 12 & 37
all fine until Port want 12 & 16 and we've burnt F1

and assumes the Tigs are happy to wait 12 months to use their shiny first rounders...

Why canā€™t we just play players to there strengths and positions they know/excel in?
imo, thereā€™s two many times where trying to ram a square peg into a round hole.
And I feel like vossy is strangling the the team in how he wants them to play.
Release the shackles and allow line breaking players to line break ect ect
Mate we don't have any line breakers. We play to this lists strengths which is stoppage, contested ball and contested marking.

Everyone around here seems to think we have the Daicos brothers and prime Isaac Smith running around but it's Vossy telling them to play another way. Reality is we just have a lod of slow, poor by foot players on our team.

Mate we don't have any line breakers. We play to this lists strengths which is stoppage, contested ball and contested marking.

Everyone around here seems to think we have the Daicos brothers and prime Isaac Smith running around but it's Vossy telling them to play another way. Reality is we just have a lod of slow, poor by foot players on our team.
oswald cobblepot gotham GIF by HULU

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cameron got cats a flag ā€¦huge addition

We absolutely reamed crows getting 2 1sts for Bryce

key question is what is Houston worth to us?

Iā€™m sure he is a very good player but I donā€™t think we get a huge bang for buck upgrading the position he plays.

Iā€™d be spending that sort of draft capital on a burst mid or a small forward.

A B grade KPD should get the job done.

Haynes a bit unnecessary imo.

Cameron got cats a flag ā€¦huge addition

We absolutely reamed crows getting 2 1sts for Bryce

key question is what is Houston worth to us?

Iā€™m sure he is a very good player but I donā€™t think we get a huge bang for buck upgrading the position he plays.

Iā€™d be spending that sort of draft capital on a burst mid or a small forward.

A B grade KPD should get the job done.

Haynes a bit unnecessary imo.
Cameron was the best player in the comp when they got him. Put that alongside getting Danger a few years earlier, when he was the best player in the comp, 1 flag was par for the cats

Donā€™t we? Iā€™m not so sure. We have a number of players with good leg speed. IMO itā€™s more how we use them and how we play that is the issue.

From the day Voss arrived he was all about contested ball. Itā€™s always been his philosophy no matter what the list

Last edited:
Wouldnt mind Austin inquiring about Wade Derksen from GWS.. Keen to return to vic, VFL Team of the Year as a 197cm KPD, Averaging 19.5 disposals, 8.0 intercepts, 5.1 spoils. Also, in 2023 he kicked 35 goals from 18 games playing FF. Would be cheap too šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Also Jai Serong, 193cm KPD Averaging 20.8 disposals, 7.2 marks, 6.8 rebound 50s & will be stuck behind Frost, Sicily, Barrass, Battle, Blanck in that Hawks team in 2025.

Two cheap options that would be an upgrade on Sam Durdin, ability, age and durability wise.

Wouldnt mind Austin inquiring about Wade Derksen from GWS.. Keen to return to vic, VFL Team of the Year as a 197cm KPD, Averaging 19.5 disposals, 8.0 intercepts, 5.1 spoils. Also, in 2023 he kicked 35 goals from 18 games playing FF. Would be cheap too šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Also Jai Serong, 193cm KPD Averaging 20.8 disposals, 7.2 marks, 6.8 rebound 50s & will be stuck behind Frost, Sicily, Barrass, Battle, Blanck in that Hawks team in 2025.

Two cheap options that would be an upgrade on Sam Durdin, ability, age and durability wise.
Serong would be a solid acquisition. No chance he gets into their round 1 side next year, so he could be looking elsewhere

Add DGB. An inquiry has been made

Would not shock me at all if Serong goes to the Eagles as "steak knives" in the Barass deal. Not close to getting a game in Hawthorn's backline, and that's before they add Barass and Battle. Eagles need young KPD's and he gets playing time and lives closer to his brother.

I have no insider info but makes sense to me.

I get what your saying and agree with where slow and poor by foot.
But I still believe to a certain degree vossy could have released the shackles a little more, moved the the magnets and created more run than what we had.

Was a massive fan of DGB his draft year but has just done nothing. Hawthorn supporting mate of mine reckons he's rubbish. Maybe we think we can turn him around but Hawks development has a pretty good track record.
Havenā€™t his issues largely been injury related?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back