List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Given we are on the verge of exorcising the demons so to speak regarding the perennially injured, it does the beg the question how many recruits/trades in the past were given the go ahead on the basis of ā€œdonā€™t worry about the injury history, we have the best in the business to fix thatā€.
Almost all of them.

Our big problem is list squeeze.

Expect initial delistings to be

Marchbank
Cuningham
Sam Durdin
Dom Akeui

And there to be the following players who are advised to look at their options

Carroll
Martin
Young
Pittonet

Might also be some guys who are told that they are required, but who have latitude to explore outside opportunities

Kennedy
Motlop
Owies

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app
Young showed good signs since returning and is the most durable KPD we have. Heā€™ll be kept unless we secure 2 KPDs in the off season given Marchbank will not be on the list and even then I donā€™t see the club offloading him

Team desperate for onballer speed trades Dow then trades Carroll and makes 0 changes to the onball group. Brings in an old key defender and a half back flanker instead. Camporeale's in the draft. Can see it now.

I get the feeling that what happens this trade/draft period will very heavily influence who is coaching us and who is running our list management in 2026. Our onball group has hardly changed since 2022. It's the elephant in the room. If we go from 2022 to 2025 and nothing has changed and we are still poor, which we will be, then I would expect our football department will clean slate come the end of 2025. It will need to be seen that we are making progress and not treading water.

Given we are on the verge of exorcising the demons so to speak regarding the perennially injured, it does the beg the question how many recruits/trades in the past were given the go ahead on the basis of ā€œdonā€™t worry about the injury history, we have the best in the business to fix thatā€.
I still reckon Marchy will get a lifeline at the Saints....only cos it's SOS and he does SOS stuff.

It'd be interesting though to see if he can get onto the park with another club.

Nothing wrong here
1) anyone who kicks out to Lewis young should be dropped. Oppo leave him free as they know his decision will not be an easy one and will take 4minutes for the ball to move.
2) loved the games mid year where Ehollands would attend maybe 10 bounces. Probably just coincidental itā€™s when we were flying. Felt like we rarely saw Cripps resting forward at bounce after the first few rounds
3) why would we change this beloved part of our DNA šŸ˜‚ infuriating. Some usual suspects too
This is what annoys me, we know that he has played some good football for us in his first year, and held up well when Weitering went down. When know he takes a bit too much time to move the ball on, which is his Achilles heal, we need to help cover that. He used the ball quite well last week and played quite well imo. That is what we should be trying to get out of him every week at a minimum

Burgoyne to Hawthorn-knees were a worry, Daniher to Brisbane, I'm sure there are a few more. Whether it is the medical side or just a mental change or maybe a bit of both?

Team desperate for onballer speed trades Dow then trades Carroll and makes 0 changes to the onball group. Brings in an old key defender and a half back flanker instead. Camporeale's in the draft. Can see it now.

I get the feeling that what happens this trade/draft period will very heavily influence who is coaching us and who is running our list management in 2026. Our onball group has hardly changed since 2022. It's the elephant in the room. If we go from 2022 to 2025 and nothing has changed and we are still poor, which we will be, then I would expect our football department will clean slate come the end of 2025. It will need to be seen that we are making progress and not treading water.

I'd like to retain Carroll if he is keen to stay, he is a point of difference being a left footer in the middle. Had some really good moments in games but will then go quiet. I'd expect the good moments to last longer as he matures and builds confidence.

Despite public stances suggesting the contrary, it has become increasingly clear All-Australian defender Dan Houston is assessing his departure options ā€” and it seems there are five rivals pressing hardest for his services.

Carlton, St Kilda, Collingwood and the Western Bulldogs have recently met with Houston, according to AFL Media journalist Cal Twomey, while North Melbourne is in play to a lesser extent and Melbourne was initially-but-no-longer linked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the Pies are going to be a really difficult sell to trade targets.

Their senior players are due to retire next year and the youth coming through really don't look that great.

Unless Houston genuinely believes they can win next year, they'd be very low on the list of clubs I'd expect he'd consider.

View attachment 2108307

Just wondering what kind of trade you would want for Jack if he did want a move to West Coast or another team?

:tearsofjoy:

ac2f9aabe9330f8172774771c3ce3a4c

With what draft picks :tearsofjoy:

They find a way. Plus with their recent success AFL will probably permit them flexibility like they have with Geelong in the past in terms of not having to use a 1st round pick if they trade away another future etc.

One thing in our favour might be if he had a relationship with Voss during his time there. But that might be a good or bad thing.

Burgoyne to Hawthorn-knees were a worry, Daniher to Brisbane, I'm sure there are a few more. Whether it is the medical side or just a mental change or maybe a bit of both?

I think joe daniher is not your average person.

They find a way. Plus with their recent success AFL will probably permit them flexibility like they have with Geelong in the past in terms of not having to use a 1st round pick if they trade away another future etc.

One thing in our favour might be if he had a relationship with Voss during his time there. But that might be a good or bad thing.
Not unless they are giving something up of value, that is not how the system works.
Aside from the Daicos boys, not sure they have alot of currency on their list, most of their good players are +30.
Having no 1st rounder is a major disadvantage.

AFL.com "CARLTON is willing to dip into its future picks this off-season to strengthen its trade ammunition, with the club hopeful of using a full complement of this year's selections at the draft"

Exactly what I have been told and have been posting for months. Austin wants to go to the draft and wants more picks. Future first in very much on the table

Focus has always been picks and value trades

That is the point, we are mortgaging our future, all these players will start retiring en mass in 3 or 4 seasons. We are giving up a first rounder for a half back flanker that will play 60 to 100 games and squeezing our cap space. Are we saying, Austin can't find a half back flanker? Are we not willing to let wilson or o hollands develop?

The coach is being reported as wanting Houston. If Voss wants Houston, the club should oblige if it can.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back