List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't slot Kennedy or Hewett in? Not even on the extended I/C?
I mean sure you can put them in there too but its more about how our line up would look like with the fresh faces. Do Hewett or Kennedy do anything we haven't already seen a hundred times?

Adding Houston or Rosas or Berry etc change the look of things for us which is more the point of the exercise.
Big improvements, but we are -

Still reliant on Weitering only, shutting down the monsters.

Still slow inside the centre square.

Still hoping that there is a cohesive plan of forward line entries and not just bombing it long.

Looking at the team like that, convinces me even more of how we do not need to spend all of our trade chips on Houston despite his talent. At bare minimum, we lose pick 11 for him when we have Doc, Cowan, Wilson who could take that role on the HBF. I agree that Houston is a better option but I would like to keep pick 11 more.
Yes it still has a few holes. I'm not sure how we go about changing that without some luck though. One step at a time I guess.

So hypothetically speaking the names we've been linked to all get done

Our 2025 team might look like...

Nick Haynes Jacob Weitering - Adam Saad
Nic Newman - Mitch Mcgovern - Dan Houston
Blake Acres - Patrick Cripps - Ollie Hollands
Joe Berry - Charlie Curnow - Lachie Fogarty
Ashton Moir - Harry Mckay - Malcolm Rosas
Tom Dekoning - Sam Walsh - Adam Cerra

I/C from: Jack Silvagni - Elijah Hollands - Zac Williams - Sam Docherty - Lachie Cowan - Cooper Lord - Billie Wilson

Doesn't look too bad. Still feels like a piece missing from somewhere when looking at it on paper. Would really love to see Wilson or Cowan find a way into the midfield mix next year.
Where have we been linked with Rosas?? Hope itā€™s true

So hypothetically speaking the names we've been linked to all get done

Our 2025 team might look like...

Nick Haynes Jacob Weitering - Adam Saad
Nic Newman - Mitch Mcgovern - Dan Houston
Blake Acres - Patrick Cripps - Ollie Hollands
Joe Berry - Charlie Curnow - Lachie Fogarty
Ashton Moir - Harry Mckay - Malcolm Rosas
Tom Dekoning - Sam Walsh - Adam Cerra

I/C from: Jack Silvagni - Elijah Hollands - Zac Williams - Sam Docherty - Lachie Cowan - Cooper Lord - Billie Wilson

Doesn't look too bad. Still feels like a piece missing from somewhere when looking at it on paper. Would really love to see Wilson or Cowan find a way into the midfield mix next year.
Walshy, some of your hypotheticals are genuine pie in the sky stuff, but this one has genuine merit.

Haynes and Rosas as FA's for not a lot of $$....and Houston if we trade future picks while keeping our current 1st. Berry at pick #11 if still on the board.

Not convinced of your team line up, but the inclusions to our squad very realistic.

Only one I know of are Haynes
Comment to me was we are very active behind the scenes and are looking at a combination of draft and value trades

I do expect Carroll & Owies to be traded and at least 8 changes
This is pretty much what I've heard too, I guess we just wait and see.

Still really want to see us with a genuine link to an actual 2nd KPD. Talk on other boards is we've been sending out the feelers to just about every fringe/decent KPD out there but nothing seems to have stuck yet other than Haynes who's more of a 3rd + he's more a fringe player nowadays.

Wouldn't mind Butts as a lockdown FB to allow Weiters to really roam and intercept. Crows have an excess of KPD but not sure how much he'd cost. Crows seem to be trying to get busy this off season though so might be a chance of being pushed out in the process for picks/cap space.

Kolodjashjni from Geelong would be fantastic but good players pretty much never leave that joint.

Dunno who else is out there thats a chance but would love to hear one linked via a credible source.

Nathan O'driscoll is out of contract. Running player who breaks the lines with a long raking left foot. Could be used as a running half back for 300k. Money ball pick up at 22 years old.
Made of glass but is a very good player.

Personally don't think the club goes for it given all the scrutiny over our injury woes over the last few years but he's definitely a player who could have an impact if he got a clean run at it.

Made of glass but is a very good player.

Personally don't think the club goes for it given all the scrutiny over our injury woes over the last few years but he's definitely a player who could have an impact if he got a clean run at it.
But we're chasing a 32 year old Haynes who is also injury prone?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haynes has played 211 games and will bring great leadership and depth. Fair to say he is worthwhile having over Sam Durdin lol

AFL.com "CARLTON is willing to dip into its future picks this off-season to strengthen its trade ammunition, with the club hopeful of using a full complement of this year's selections at the draft"

Exactly what I have been told and have been posting for months. Austin wants to go to the draft and wants more picks. Future first in very much on the table

Focus has always been picks and value trades

I believe you when you state this, its not a bad strategy, i hope we strengthen for now as well but, if we as a team in the premiership window, go two years in a row, where we just go to the draft, trade depth players and bring in bargains, then like Iā€™ve been saying all year and last year and have been shot down.

We have no $$$$ for quality players and a tight cap.

Our competitors are adding quality additions and we expect to overtake them by taking kids.

Im a bit sceptical, a lot to play out though.

Delistings are as most here predicted

Cuningham, Marchbank, Durdin, M.Carroll, Mirkov, Akeui with a couple more being told to wait. Martin will either be traded for a late pick to help with Campo points, or delisted

I still expect that J.Carroll will ask for trade and Owies is being tested to see what we can get although he wants to stay. I can only speculate that his manager is looing at other options

If all this happens that is 9 gone, Lord to fill a spot and 8 (2 x Campo twins) spots through drafting, trading and Free Agency etc. which I believe has always been our target

With 6 left I expect 2-3 draftess and 3-4 trades, DFA's etc

I believe you when you state this, its not a bad strategy, i hope we strengthen for now as well but, if we as a team in the premiership window, go two years in a row, where we just go to the draft, trade depth players and bring in bargains, then like Iā€™ve been saying all year and last year and have been shot down.

We have no $$$$ for quality players and a tight cap.

Our competitors are adding quality additions and we expect to overtake them by taking kids.

Im a bit sceptical, a lot to play out though.

I am confidently told this is NOT an issue. We chased Hayward (glad we failed), could get Houston or Petracca into our salary cap if we wanted

Josh Gabelich on SEN asked about a suitor for Gold Coastā€™s Malcolm Rosas Jnr:

ā€œSome interest from Carltonā€

These are the type of deals we will do. Names like Rosas, Konstanty, Garcia, Haynes and more are who we are speaking to. I expect a couple of announcements straight after GF.

This coupled with Campo twins and a couple of high drafts picks is what Austin wants. Also, has eye on 1 or 2 mature State League type players as rookies, SSP's. We have been extremely active this year to fill some holes on our list

I know people want Houston, but if what I am told is correct, we aren't actively chasing him. However, if he wanted to come to us and on our terms of course we would do it. Austin wants to use Pick 11 in the draft

Consistent comment to me is strategy as I have mentioned and be in a position to chase some FA's, pre agents in 2025 when we will be in a great position SC wise to do 2-3 deals if needed

Hayne acquisition is ok but the key need is a KPD.

If we can bring in a KPD and Haynes that will free up McGovern to move forward (3rd tall). We also have kemp and Jsos for the 3rd tall forward role.

And it means weā€™ll have the flexibility of playing weits young and new KPD on the tall forwards.

Itā€™s a really important need imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back