List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

With Fanta contracted for one more year. Doubt very much, if they would decide to pay him out.

He played a role this season, certainly did not play up to his former standards. However, has endured a lot of injuries.

More an indictment on our other small forwards, that he still found himself in the side.

We desperately need Rosas and Konstanty to bolster this area imo.
It would be poor form to pay out Orazio after doing it to LOB last year. For whatever people might think of LOB he played reasonable footy in 2023 when uncontracted and may have got a 2 year contract somewhere else. Has a down year with form, opportunity and injury and gets punted. Who knows if he could have turned it around this year. This is not a good way to treat people. If as a club you are not committed to the player for the 2year only give a single year.

Loved Cunners but unfortunately just couldn't get his body right, and we can no longer afford to carry too many of those types of injury prone players as this year has shown. As for Marchbank and Martin, their bodies are clearly cooked as well, let someone else have that headache.

STILL amazed Owies hasn't been resigned, if we keep Fantasia into 2025 over Owies I will spit chips.

Re-signed

Fantasia is contracted until end of 2025

No, to keeping Matt Carroll. If their is one lesson that we have to learn from 24, it is injury prone players cannot be kept on

the list. Matt will have to go, unfortunately.
I guess it depends on our list strategy as to how many we end up delisting. No point in delisting him if we don't think there's anything better at the bottom end of the draft pool.

If list spots are that tight, you'd think there's a possibility of delisting him but offering him a spot on our VFL list, similar to what we did with Luke Parks a few years back.

Lewis Young fails in the one thing he can't improve - football IQ and decision making. You can't teach that. He's an anxious, dumb footballer. You can't fix that after I dunno, Under 14's.
The last 2 kicks in the vid show he has iq/decision making skills.
Just needs to build consistency.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Outsider here but I was shocked by Jack Martin being delisted. Admittedly, I haven't watched all that much in recent months but last I could remember was a valuable piece to the Blues. Has this view been shifted by Blues fans? Genuinely curious!
None of us have because he is always injured and therein lies the problem.

How has S. Durdin survived the first cull
Iā€™d imagine he survives unless we can sign a key position defender. Marchbank gone suggests Haynes is waiting in the wings, Martin gone might point to re-signing of Owies whilst Mirkov gone means there is little chance Pitto will be going where IMO.

Last edited:
David Cuningham - unsurprising and ultimately necessary, was probably fortunate to stick around as long as he did on hope and potential.

Caleb Marchbank - also unsurprising and necessary, also lucky to have hung around this long, has shown it doesn't take him long to re-find the level when he plays, but only takes him about 1 week more to find another injury. Game is worse off for not having seen him fulfil his potential.

Jack Martin - a little disappointing that we can't get anything for him, but we didn't give any picks up for him so maybe it's just karma. Reported to have done a medical at Freo, and to have garnered some small interest from GC - today's news probably indicates the medical wasn't great and those clubs have either withdrawn their interest or indicated he's only worth exploring as a DFA or SSP pick after other list changes have taken place. Same story as Marchy, he could have been a huge drawcard for the game but for his body.

Alex Mirkov - probably the right move, though it does make you wonder why we didn't pull the pin last year. Had ruck troubles at multiple stages throughout the season and we still didn't give him a crack despite his VFL form being OK (if limited to tapwork). Hopefully shows a vote of confidence in HOK though.

Dom Akuei - gave it a crack, showed some glimpses, more athlete than footballer and you can't hang on to those types too long. Makes way for the Irish lad I expect.

Still not convinced Owies is going, he might but I have suspicions that we're just keeping a few blokes on the hook while we work out the financial commitments required for other targets.

Jack Carrol probably in the same boat, though I think we'd be more comfortable losing him than Owies. Reckon Ben Campo has the potential to overtake Carroll within a season.

Matt Carroll and Big Durdin likely to be second round delistings as other recruitments progress.

Nothing groundbreaking in any of this, but I'm personally relieved to see that we've finally gotten our shit together when it comes to the number of inevitably-injured types on the list.

Re-signed

Fantasia is contracted until end of 2025
Fair go though....Vossy got Fanta to come down to us last year and it would be pretty shitty to delist him now after 12 months of re-arranging his life etc.

He's got 12 months left on his contract so we will see after that.

On CPH2135 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back