List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

It would be poor form to pay out Orazio after doing it to LOB last year. For whatever people might think of LOB he played reasonable footy in 2023 when uncontracted and may have got a 2 year contract somewhere else. Has a down year with form, opportunity and injury and gets punted. Who knows if he could have turned it around this year. This is not a good way to treat people. If as a club you are not committed to the player for the 2year only give a single year.
LOB played reasonable footy 2022, not 2023. He was barely in the side and rubbish even in the VFL.

I never saw the hype that others had for Cunningham. However, I thought he was skillful in a team that at times lacked it, but I am still surprised he lasted so long on the list. Maybe his injuries kept him on for so long in the hope he would get his body right (masked his mediocracy).
He never got enough of the ball to justify having him as a luxury player in the side. Too often there would be games you'd forget he was even playing for a quarter or two.

The many millions spent on Jack Martin you could have replaced the Gardiner stand with something new. Better money spent. For all the hype had a few good games early then did bugger all.
Problem with the salary cap floor, we'd have had to of paid others instead of a nice new stand.

Game is just to tough to keep injury plagued players anymore. 44 players makes it tight especially when you have a few young ones and/or developing rookies.

We suffered this year because of it

Makes it evern tougher when you have players like Docherty, Silvagni out for the year with ACLs.

We still have names like Williams McGovern Saad Fantasia Saad O'Keefe Cerra on the list that have suffered from recurring soft tissue injuries. C.Durdin Fogarty Cottrell have missed a lot of football as well

IMO we are still treading a fine line and Inness will earn his money

LOB played reasonable footy 2022, not 2023. He was barely in the side and rubbish even in the VFL.
You are correct ( I should have stated 2022) 2022 was the year he played reasonable footy and was offered the 2 year contract. Had mixed form in the VFL 2023 and his poor games coincided with coming back from injury before he was ready.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Game is just to tough to keep injury plagued players anymore. 44 players makes it tight especially when you have a few young ones and/or developing rookies.

We suffered this year because of it

Makes it evern tougher when you have players like Docherty, Silvagni out for the year with ACLs.

We still have names like Williams McGovern Saad Fantasia Saad O'Keefe Cerra on the list that have suffered from recurring soft tissue injuries. C.Durdin Fogarty Cottrell have missed a lot of football as well

IMO we are still treading a fine line and Inness will earn his money
Add Motlop to that list

5 confirmed departing. Owies, Carroll potential trade. Leaves 7 spots at this stage.
Not really.

Need to take into account Lord and Duffy. And the very strong likelihood we take the Camporeale brothers. So 5 departures really only leaves one spot (pick 11). Trading players and/or further delistings will be required for further spots.

S Durdin, Fantasia, M Carrol need to go.
Pressure Austin to punt on the draft. I would rather cut hard than be conservative. If the right trade deal comes for Owies, Kemp and motlop take it. Mcmahon, Rosa and Konstanty can compensate

Poor business to try and get rid of Fantasia, we offered him 2 years and should stand by it, otherwise it will portray a poor picture for future players we try to pick up and he will still be part of our salary cap.

Brodie Kemp is 23 and Jesse Motlop is 21, I believe they have shown enough to keep and hopefully develop into better and consistent players.

Martinā€™s body must be broken if weā€™ve delisted him-i.e zero trade value.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Couldnā€™t believe many around here thought weā€™d get something for him, heā€™s completely cooked

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not sure how the contracts work but given he has a year to run would that scenario not result in us paying him out for next year and then giving him another contract?

So weā€™d be paying for a fringe forward twice

LOB was contracted but moved to Rookie list
Kennedy as well I think

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back