List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

At face value it makes sense... but imo, the system we play and our midfield is what causes that poor ball movement from hb.

Unless Houston is going to be able to nail pin point passes (and I'm talking to team mates surrounded by opponents) over and over again, game after game for a whole season, we're going to get less of an improvement than we expect by adding him to our side.

Our biggest issue is our one dimensional, mostly one paced mid field and its reliance on Cripps. You would find that our ball movement from half back would improve tenfold if we change our midfield mix by adding players with leg speed, work rate (they're so stagnant and always flood the wing) and the ability to hit i50 targets more often than what the current crop can.

Cripps does the grunt work, dishes a handball off to:

Walsh - who (imo) under the new htb rule feels more pressured to dispose of it... so he either kicks forward blindly or rushes a hb to a team mate under pressure or gets caught htb.

Kennedy - cross your fingers he can hit an i50 target.

Hewett - a smart decision maker, but more often than not, he's not quick enough and when he doesn't have time his ball use suffers dramatically.

Cerra - hits an i50 target and pings his hammy.

And given they're pretty much one paced, they don't spread well enough to create options, they flood the wing (which imo is also due to instruction and work rate) and in turn, our ball use off half back looks like shit.

It is ultra reliant on Cripps and TDK (who pretty much plays as another mid)

Yep - think if we donā€™t overhaul the midfield (for pace& agility) this off season, we will slide out of top 8

Onball group and small forwards are the biggest needs.

Fix that and we beat Brisbane and a whole heap of the other sides who beat us at the back half of this season.

Add Houston to halfback and a key position defender and Brisbane still torch us and we still limp into finals. Maybe we finish 5th instead of 8th.

Fix the onball and forward issues and we are top 4. Fixing the key position defender and adding HOuston does not make us top 4.

I am actually somewhat confident in Young holding down full back and our former AA half backs, Saad and Docherty doing well at half back, supported by up and comers in Hollands, Wilson, Cowan etc.

We just need to put feelers out there to fix all issues.

I think that would be the way to go.
I would love to maybe pick someone up to play FB, take the bigger forward and allow Weitering to move up the ground to CHB maybe, try and get him involved in more intercept marks. Can then be interchangeable with Gov or Kemp when down back. Despite his impressive year, it frees him up a little more
Definitely. Weiters is very good at intercept for a massive unit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big off-season for B.Wilson (the midfielder, as drafted), thereā€™s a spot there for your pace.
Like to see how C.Lord squares up after a pre-season..that could be quite the transformation of the midfield group from within, especially if Binns steps up as well (Moo could graduate too).

Do we lose Cerra &/or Kennedy in the wash up..?

Looking forward to what Carlos can do up forward next year.

The range was 3-4 mil, I used the higher mark

Let's say Weitering, Charlie, Harry, Walsh, TDK, Cripps are in the same range as Williams 900K - 6.3mil

The other 6 mentioned, 3.1mil (516K ea)

Leaves 6.5 mil approx for 31 players (210K ea)? I think not
Weitering, Charlie, Harry, Walsh, TDK, Cripps and Williams, are all on the top 100 paid players listā€¦

If we get Houston for a future late ish 1st in total value, I wouldn't blink

Campo boys will be good role players, not as good as the Daicos boys, better than the Brown boys

I think we will have a pick in the 1st round this year
What is the walk away price for Houston?
I would not give up 2 firsts that could be 2 of travaglia/lindsay/berry

Apparently we've had a few meetings with a kid called Clancy Dennis from WA.

Not sure where he'll end up in the draft but is a KPD by trade so clearly the list teams having a look at filling that position too
ā€œDENNIS !!!ā€ Or ā€œCLANCY !!!ā€

Cult hero in the making, Iā€™m soldā€¦

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back