List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

194cm measurement taken pre season for a growing boy younger than most of his draft class. Take a look at the WA championship games.

Yep, being WA boy certainly takes out the Viccentric bias in the media.

Will not be an in between size. 194cm itself is tall enough for the right style of player, but will be surprised if doesnā€™t end up 197 or better (birthday 28/12)

All Australian.

Also the Claremont logo has a certain synergy

We played the 7 other finalists 9 times in 2024 excluding the final when Owies didnā€™t play. In those 9 games Owies kicked 9 goals and did next to nothing other than the goals he kicked. Keep in mind that he kicked 3 against the Cats the 2nd time we played them and 2 against the dogs. So in the other 7 games against finalists he kicked 4 goals and again did next to nothing in all of those games. If he is not kicking goals he is giving nothing else really.

33 goals for the year is great and looks good, but it really appears he beats up on poor teams and when the heat is on against really good teams he goes to water. Thatā€™s not my opinion, thatā€™s facts based off this year.

He leads at the ball and marks it and kicks truely which we all love, but I find it easy to see that his role will be taken by Kemp in 2025 and having 1 less small in our forward line doing nothing really when the ball hits the ground will be welcomed imo.

Other than his goals mainly against poor sides, his stats are really poor. Iā€™m not saying our others arenā€™t poor also but maybe because they are younger and potentially have more upside, they arenā€™t being shopped around and Owies is.

I love that he grabs the C after a goal and seems to bleed Blue, but we need not settle for mediocre hopefully anymore.
Thanks for your thoughtful points. But given Owies' reliability and value, I respect what he brings.

We picked up Owies as a Category B rookie was he third highest goal kicker again in 2024 with 33 goals.

That is more than all these small forwards put together: Fantasia 9, Durdin 7, Motlop 6, Martin 3 in total = 25.

He has been a valuable contributor.

Thatā€™s not right.
There was a Bigfooty article that stated that (the only one) and it was incorrect.
I stand corrected - that was the article I was looking at.

Though he's reportedly been told he's free to explore a trade - so likely wouldn't cost a lot. Reckon they'd be happy to get him off the books, especially with Aisworth re-signing and Lombard about to arrive.

Thanks for your thoughtful points. But given Owies' reliability and value, I respect what he brings.

We picked up Owies as a Category B rookie was he third highest goal kicker again in 2024 with 33 goals.

That is more than all these small forwards put together: Fantasia 9, Durdin 7, Motlop 6, Martin 3 in total = 25.

Youā€™re not telling me anything that I donā€™t already know. Iā€™m just telling you the facts and he currently doesnā€™t have a contract, so Iā€™d wager a guess the club also sees what I see and know the facts

Owies needs to be measured against the level a small fwd is required to attain to win a flag not relative to the under performance of motlop, durdin, williams

Now the Mirkov experiment is over what are peoples thoughts on Hudson O'Keefe ??

For example, could he play a senior game in 2025 if a TDK or Pitto goes down ?? How far off is he ?

I look at McInerny and Briggs last night - having big blokes with a bit of mongrel.

Last edited:
Rosas isnā€™t FA, will need to trade
Should Rosas be our number one priority, to replace Owies? Or is Konstanty, perhaps a smarter option?

Rosas has played some good AFL footy, has speed and a decent left peg. But, with GC saying hooroo to him.

Is that an indicator perhaps of a lack of drive or dedication, just don't know.

Konstany is younger and is yet to play a game at the highest level. Apparently a ferocious tackler and is similar to Papley.

Which one has the higher ceiling, or better attitude? Be great to snag one of these for sure.

Now the Mirkov experiment is over what are peoples thoughts on Hudson O'Keefe ??

For example, could he play a senior game in 2025 if a TDK or Pitto goes down ?? How far off is he ?

I look at McInerny and Meeks last night - having big blokes with a bit of mongrel.
Last night I was really impressed with Briggs, played the best game I have ever seen him play. Looked like he dropped off a

bit, like his mates in the last q. Still cannot believe how the giants did not win that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't just give and then stand back and admire his handy work...immediately on the move to block or provide another option. Great habit.
Also he seems to always want to keep the ball moving rather than stopping and holding up play.

Iā€™m a big Lord fan

Be interesting what the final list changes look like

There has been constant rumours since the start of the year that Carroll could depart

Owies still doesn't have a contract, S Durdin the same who struggles to get on the park

Rumour that Young, Kennedy and Cerra were told to explore opportunities

Might be a bigger off season than expected

We fail to hit late picks is what I am reading...

Not entirely true we have done pretty well getting guys for not much.

Newman - some picks in the 70s for memory
Cottrell - pre season add on player
TDK - pick 30
Owies - cat b rookie
Boyd - mid season draft
Acres - got for pick in the 40s I think
Cincotta - pre season add on player

Hopefully we can add Cooper Lord to the list above.

The list is still a bit unbalanced and too injury prone. We have been redressing the balance and will do again this off season, and have already begun to redress the injury prone issues clearing 3 we rolled the dice with(admittedly I would have too after they played late 2023).

Be interesting what the final list changes look like

There has been constant rumours since the start of the year that Carroll could depart

Owies still doesn't have a contract, S Durdin the same who struggles to get on the park

Rumour that Young, Kennedy and Cerra were told to explore opportunities

Might be a bigger off season than expected

I think in the case of those last 3 mentioned, weā€™d need to have what we consider upgrades on young and S Durdin coming the other way, and for Kennedy someone who fills our needs better and Cerra weā€™d still demand a first rounder (which I think is unlikely with his current hamstring issues).

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back