List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

If we arenā€™t going to bring in a high quality player like a Houston then I really hope Austin is at least aggressive in trying to secure another pick in the top 20.

I like Tauru or Travaglia with our first pick and if we can get another pick in the late teens in the top 20 we could still snare Berry or Dattoli with that second pick going by Cal Twomeyā€™s latest phantom guide both will still be there in the late teens.

Add Konstanty through the trade period I think thatā€™s still a decent off season
Can any draft watchers with more knowledge fill me in on what makes Tauru rated so highly? Watched some footage after he rapidly rose through the rankings and he can jump for sure, but other than that seemed to offer little.

Jamaine Jones as a potential DFA worth a look imo.

I understand why the club would entertain a trade for Kennedy. They clearly have Hewett ahead of him to play a role in the midfield.

Keeping aside what their trade value is, are we sure that is the right decision though? Hewett > Kennedy?

If you are picking a player purely on one midfield role, then I agree Hewett is ahead. If you are picking a player on not just that role, but their X factor, ability to take a mark, hit a harder target and kick more goals, then it's Kennedy.
I feel Hewitt is a far bett
What position?

So bit left field, but is Brew from Werribee worth a look?
Coached by Aker in Albury, teammate of Mannagh whoā€™s now at the Cats.
Bolted in the Liston, 27, but is that really an issue?
Anyone seen him play?

It would be very difficult to bring in players the ilk of Houston as an example and an extra 1st round pick this year, without trading out quality and still securing the campo twins ( not that we would need early picks to match a bid)

The likes of Owies or Young would be 3rd rounders at best

Kennedy, a 2nd or upgrade of our 2nd
Is Owies really a 3rd? Why is he so different in value to Lachie Schultz for example? Schultz gets more of the ball, but goals-wise they're very similar.

I'd be disappointed if we don't get a 2nd for Owies.

I understand why the club would entertain a trade for Kennedy. They clearly have Hewett ahead of him to play a role in the midfield.

Keeping aside what their trade value is, are we sure that is the right decision though? Hewett > Kennedy?

If you are picking a player purely on one midfield role, then I agree Hewett is ahead. If you are picking a player on not just that role, but their X factor, ability to take a mark, hit a harder target and kick more goals, then it's Kennedy.

So bit left field, but is Brew from Werribee worth a look?
Coached by Aker in Albury, teammate of Mannagh whoā€™s now at the Cats.
Bolted in the Liston, 27, but is that really an issue?
Anyone seen him play?
Dom Brew is as hard as nails. Former cage fighter who is a ferocious tackler and has a penetrating left foot. Not super quick but not slow either. Very good head on his shoulders, a quality character. Is a mid who can also tag.

I feel Hewitt is a far bett
Georgey is the better midfielder by some way. Has neat skills in traffic, has agility to evade being caught and is probably quicker. He goes from minute one to minute last.

Matt is by far the more versatile player, is a thumping kick and can take a reasonable contested mark and kick a goal.

Can't carry both in the midfield so understand why Matty has been told that he can explore his options.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dersken has asked to be traded to victoria

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1222837

Every time is see that name reminds me of Team America

likes GIF

Is Owies really a 3rd? Why is he so different in value to Lachie Schultz for example? Schultz gets more of the ball, but goals-wise they're very similar.

Almost double the amount of pressure acts, touches and tackles.

If we do let Owies go, where do we find those 30 goals? Moir showed promise but probably still another year away. Don't see Durdin getting past the teens and who knows with Motlops body, has the talent to.

If we do let Owies go, where do we find those 30 goals? Moir showed promise but probably still another year away. Don't see Durdin getting past the teens and who knows with Motlops body, has the talent to.
Jack will be back, more game time for Moir and Motlop has to step up and target a Konstanty and draft a berry or dattoli

Thought Schultz trade value was overs, but apart from the scoreboard, he applies way more defensive pressure than Owies

The midfield - that lifts & starts hitting the score board it has a massive impact.
Bring in Moir, replace Fog with someone who can apply pressure & kick a goal.
Williams permanently forward, JSOS/Kemp, Mots hopefully sorts his shit out & that all covers Owies nicely + makes us a far better side overal.

Owies pick packaged with a future second might also get us a handy player or early second draft pick

The midfield - that lifts & starts hitting the score board it has a massive impact.
Bring in Moir, replace Fog with someone who can apply pressure & kick a goal.
Williams permanently forward, JSOS/Kemp, Mots hopefully sorts his shit out & that all covers Owies nicely + makes us a far better side overal.

Owies pick packaged with a future second might also get us a handy player or early second draft pick
I'd like to think Moir gets games, observation of the last few years tells me he'll get a handful at best. I'm torn on Owies, most important stat for a small forward is the goal column and by a fair margin.

Jack will be back, more game time for Moir and Motlop has to step up and target a Konstanty and draft a berry or dattoli
Jack has never hit the scoreboard heavily- best of 17 in a season. Berry looks a nice prospect though.

We donā€™t need to find 30 goals although I am sure Kemp, JSOS, Moir etc will, itā€™s about restricting the opposition to larger scores than ours.

Bring in a KPD, maybe a rebounding defender in Houston, add some pace and flare to our midfield who get back to help out and we will be ok.

The talk of we need to keep Owies because he kicked 33 (24 of those against teams outside of finals mind you) and we donā€™t have anyone to replace him is ludicrous

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back