List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Olli Hotton still without a contract at St Kilda.

Love to know what happened with his development (or lack there of)

Was massive talk of him at the time of the draftā€¦recall many in this board having him pegged at our pickā€¦..

We will need to be patient with him.

Next year hopefully more games but I still expect some time in twoā€™s for him just because senior footy is so hard

But absolutely I believe he will be important for us in the future
Jack Martin clone, hopefully without the injuries

Olli Hotton still without a contract at St Kilda.
Still trying to get his body right

I was thinking we need a darcy jones type player and we dont currently have one playing in seniors atm

so I started watching some of Wilsons highlights...and was super impressed with what I saw..

he looks to have everything we need atm and I'm not sure why he hasnt debuted yet?

quick, good decision maker, good kick, tackles, marks, good footwork/agility, foot candy etc

Maybe next season he is right to go...I hope so

Here is an example...

Miers is the exception to the rule though...like John Stockton who was always happy to pass on a bucket when an assist was on offer.

And he does have the luxury of the best small forward in the game in the opposite pocket.
I just don't think the goals column is important at all. It's a result.

Goals will come if the processes are right. Fretting a 1 for 1 replacement in the goal column doesn't make sense to me at all.

Team game.

I was thinking we need a darcy jones type player and we dont currently have one playing in seniors atm

so I started watching some of Wilsons highlights...and was super impressed with what I saw..

he looks to have everything we need atm and I'm not sure why he hasnt debuted yet?

quick, good decision maker, good kick, tackles, marks, good footwork/agility, foot candy etc

Here is an example...

yeah looks the goods, had a few niggles in 2nd half of year with knee soreness & concussion so reckon he will get afew games next year. agreed some good wheels which we lack

Goals will come if the processes are right. Fretting a 1 for 1 replacement in the goal column doesn't make sense to me at all.

Team game.
Yes very much on board with that.

I'm not concerned in the least with 'replacing' Owies goals should he leave...we found the 45 or so goals that Mots and Martin kicked last year without too much fretting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Team game.
Yeah nah. Durdin is an example of a player with good processes but lacking the 'predatory' nature close to goal. It's a skill set that not all possess. Owies has limitations but can finish.

Team game.
I agree with this. Personally I think adding extra pace in our forward half would result with as many goals anyway.
In saying that Owies goal tally was as close to McKayā€™s as the next closest was to Owies. He does have a very good goal sense

Here is an example...

I do like his skills and vision the only knock i would have from watching the reserves is he does have a tendency to fumble in congestion. Im sure he can work on that if we ask him to play more inside/up to the stoppage

Here is an example...

Yes others have mentioned he is our mid with pace in waiting - I didnā€™t watch VFL so not sure how his season went but the hope is he will be ready for seniors soon enough

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Just read that Zac Williams was rated the 8th best forward in the competition this season (based on the games he played as a forward) - with a pre season refining his forward skills he could be a real playmaker for us

And Iā€™m still confident Motlop can step up - by February the talk was he had a great pre season and was going to be in the top 3 most improved - then injuries hit and wreaked havoc on his season

And Moir could be ready to play out games and could be a real point of difference too

So our forward line may well be a lot more dynamic and multi dimensional next season without even adding someone in the draft or through a trade

Plus if we add someone like Houston who was involved in the most scoring chains for Port (and more than anyone we have on our list) we could really have an even more powerful scoring set up than this season

Just read that Zac Williams was rated the 8th best forward in the competition this season (based on the games he played as a forward) - with a pre season refining his forward skills he could be a real playmaker for us

And Iā€™m still confident Motlop can step up - by February the talk was he had a great pre season and was going to be in the top 3 most improved - then injuries hit and wreaked havoc on his season

And Moir could be ready to play out games and could be a real point of difference too

So our forward line may well be a lot more dynamic and multi dimensional next season without even adding someone in the draft or through a trade

Plus if we add someone like Houston who was involved in the most scoring chains for Port (and more than anyone we have on our list) we could really have an even more powerful scoring set up than this season

Williams' best forward attribute is his passing. Scintillating stuff some of the passes he pulled off.

I think the only concerns for him are injuries and age. Otherwise he'd be a gun forward.

Love to know what happened with his development (or lack there of)

Was massive talk of him at the time of the draftā€¦recall many in this board having him pegged at our pickā€¦..

Back injury upon drafting and I think an ankle this year keeping him out for long stints.

Brother out with an ACL, pretty sure Trent went down with the same.

Here is an example...

I am a big fan of players that do the basics well and are clean with the ball. Watch his first half against Cats late in season

I have the same impression of Wilson as I did with Lord. They just have it. They don't fumble or look rushed and he is tough

Bonus is he is a beautiful long kick and quite quick.

Fingers crossed for a good pre season

I am a big fan of players that do the basics well and are clean with the ball. Watch his first half against Cats late in season

I have the same impression of Wilson as I did with Lord. They just have it. They don't fumble or look rushed and he is tough

Bonus is he is a beautiful long kick and quite quick.

Fingers crossed for a good pre season
I reckon they're playing Billy behind the ball right now where he can use his run and not get beaten up in the trenches.

Eventually, I'm hoping they have him earmarked as a midfielder as Austin alluded to on draft night. They gave him a run at times in the midfield during the VFL scratch match vs Richmond ealier this year, and you could see him get ragdolled in the stoppages by the bigger bodied opposition mids - even the VFL listed ones.

Give it a few preseasons and some time in the gym to let his body mature, and I can see another Chad Warner type emerging.

Finding myself agreeing with Kane far too much lately

Please Carlton, be aggressive and fill a desperate need!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back