List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah nah. Durdin is an example of a player with good processes but lacking the 'predatory' nature close to goal. It's a skill set that not all possess. Owies has limitations but can finish.
Durdin has good processes? I don't think that means anything.... I can finish too. Maybe I'll put my hand up.

Owies kicks straight - sure. Oh well. Doesn't create goals out of nothing. Doesn't crumb, doesn't defend and doesn't kick goals against good teams. Big whoop

Journalists draw such a long illogical bow. Due to the fact Chris Scott is a master coach and does not play underdone players in finals, he will let the best young defendern in the AFL be poached by a club, that habitually does so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why him and not Cooper Keogh from Coburg?
Because Preuss has had those sort of hitout numbers in the AFL

That was 5 years ago, the guy is below average. Give me Pitto over him every day of the week

Canā€™t be wasting list spots. We are short on them as it is, and picking a 3rd string ruckman isnā€™t good use of them
3rd string? He would smash both of our rucks - TDK would play substantially better around the ground but he would beat the brakes off of both our AFL exposed rucks in pure hitouts

Just think heā€™s a shrewd pickup that offers us security and stops us having to expose midfielders in the ruck in the event Pitto or TDK are unavailable

Would be on AFL minimum payments - teams pickup DFAā€™s all the time

Because Preuss has had those sort of hitout numbers in the AFL

3rd string? He would smash both of our rucks - TDK would play substantially better around the ground but he would beat the brakes off of both our AFL exposed rucks in pure hitouts

Just think heā€™s a shrewd pickup that offers us security and stops us having to expose midfielders in the ruck in the event Pitto or TDK are unavailable

Would be on AFL minimum payments - teams pickup DFAā€™s all the time
You're talking about a guy that has played 0 AFL games in 3 of his last 4 seasons...but he'd smash both of our rucks?

28 games in 10 seasons (with 3 clubs) suggests that he absolutely isn't AFL standard at all.

You're talking about a guy that has played 0 AFL games in 3 of his last 4 seasons...but he'd smash both of our rucks?

28 games in 10 seasons (with 3 clubs) suggests that he absolutely isn't AFL standard at all.
He was behind Goldstein and Gawn - both of which were AA superstar rucks at the time he played for those clubs

At GWS he has had injuries - just a free hit for a ruck that serves as an insurance policy, or a cushion for Oā€™Keefe

Worst case he doesnā€™t play a game - who cares?

He was behind Goldstein and Gawn - both of which were AA superstar rucks at the time he played for those clubs

At GWS he has had injuries - just a free hit for a ruck that serves as an insurance policy, or a cushion for Oā€™Keefe

Itā€™s time for us to move past the injury prone types. A list spot is valuable.. we are finally starting to understand that as a club after having it made glaringly obvious in front of our eyes with unavailability.

Our forward line stank without Harry and Charlie. We need the 3rd forward option.

I respectfully disagree, and people have agendas with Jack so nothing will change their minds with him

People have agendas, because they donā€™t hold the same opinions as you?

In the 8 years previous to this one, heā€™s only kicked 19 goals once. Stating he could kick 30 goals next year is advantageous, specially coming off an ACLā€¦

Heā€™d be likely starting the year behind Kemp, Moir & (if rumours are true, possibly McGovern)

So sign him up with the VFL team specifically. I don't understand why we'd want another tall ruckman that's slow and in this case, doesn't play.

People have agendas, because they donā€™t hold the same opinions as you?

In the 8 years previous to this one, heā€™s only kicked 19 goals once. Stating he could kick 30 goals next year is advantageous, specially coming off an ACLā€¦

Heā€™d be likely starting the year behind Kemp, Moir & (if rumours are true, possibly McGovern)
People can have any opinions they want, donā€™t share the same opinion as mine I could care less itā€™s just my opinion is that Jack gets overly criticised and itā€™s due to other reasons than his performance on the ground and no matter what he does it wonā€™t change how they think about him.

Itā€™s not an absurd idea that he could kick close to 30 goals next year once he is fit.

Plus I love Kemp but Iā€™d have Jack over Kemp in the forward line, heā€™s a better kick for goal than Kempy and heā€™s done against better opposition.

Itā€™s time for us to move past the injury prone types. A list spot is valuable.. we are finally starting to understand that as a club after having it made glaringly obvious in front of our eyes with unavailability.

So sign him up with the VFL team specifically. I don't understand why we'd want another tall ruckman that's slow and in this case, doesn't play.
Suppose there is the route that you sign him as a VFL ruck and if his body and form holds up you let him know he'll get a MSD call up. Hadn't really considered that. I do get the injury argument too, maybe that's something we really need to avoid given how awful our injury list has been in recent times.

Right, and why is that?

Could do way worse than pick up a ruck that is definite AFL calibre for nothing - would be better than Pitto if he were fit too. He belted Kreuzer in the ruck in 2019.
Just use him as a battering ram.

Win a couple of hitouts and hospitalise a couple of opponents. Job done.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back