List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

You don't have any concerns based on Jones being delisted by West coast who have a terrible list?

He's now been delisted by a club with a good list and culture (Cats) and a really poor list (Eagles).

Sometimes junk has been left at the tip because it's not of any use any more.
I'd have concerns over any player delisted by WCE, but I also know as a Carlton supporter that when your club is an absolute dumpster fire for a prolonged period of time, players talent and confidence can be sapped out of them which results in them under performing or looking worse than they are.

Petruccelle and Jones have shown they can play some very good footy when their teams were up and about and they were playing with confidence. Both have looked pretty shite lately but that doesn't mean that's their limitations as players if plugged into a better system with better standards they need to meet.

Geelong has basically made it a hobby of taking under performing players from other clubs and getting the best out of them.

I'd have concerns over any player delisted by WCE, but I also know as a Carlton supporter that when your club is an absolute dumpster fire for a prolonged period of time, players talent and confidence can be sapped out of them which results in them under performing or looking worse than they are.

Petruccelle and Jones have shown they can play some very good footy when their teams were up and about and they were playing with confidence. Both have looked pretty shite lately but that doesn't mean that's their limitations as players if plugged into a better system with better standards they need to meet.

Geelong has basically made it a hobby of taking under performing players from other clubs and getting the best out of them.
I'm not sure who Geelong have got that was underperforming? Kids still finding their way I understand but underperforming?

While I understand the appeal, the SDK chat seems to be lazy speculation.
He had knee surgery & hasn't come straight back into the side, hardly cause to rage quit. Particularly a club where you've already enjoyed significant success, your ongoing position in the side is not in doubt & you can be reasonably confident of contending for the remainder of your career.
The funny thing is, they'd probably want TDK or something similar for SDK.

I'm not sure who Geelong have got that was underperforming? Kids still finding their way I understand but underperforming?
Guess it depends on your definition of underperforming as all showed the ability in years prior, but Stengle, Rohan, Stanley, GAJ on return, Dahlhaus, Menegola, even Jez Cameron they grabbed after a year he was reportedly a bit disenchanted with footy and had a down year or two. They'll pick up Smith this off season after a down year followed by an ACL and no doubt get him performing like a superstar again much to our dismay.

Most of their list is made up from ridiculously good drafting these days but they've had many trash-treasure stories over their time.

Guess it depends on your definition of underperforming as all showed the ability in years prior, but Stengle, Rohan, Stanley, GAJ on return, Dahlhaus, Menegola, even Jez Cameron they grabbed after a year he was reportedly a bit disenchanted with footy and had a down year or two. They'll pick up Smith this off season after a down year followed by an ACL and no doubt get him performing like a superstar again much to our dismay.

Most of their list is made up from ridiculously good drafting these days but they've had many trash-treasure stories over their time.
Yep, they along with Hawthorn have done a great job of meshing skillsets/depreciated assets.

And yet they also discarded Jones.

Indeed they did. Jones has shown ability, I'd suggest there's more to his delisting than assessments on his talent.
Wouldn't think so. Played 7 games in 3 years with the Cats and they deemed he wasn't worth persevering with. Played another 60 with West Coast. He's had one season where he has kicked 11 goals and no more than 4 in his last 3 years. He's had plenty of exposed form. He's about to turn 26 and I very much hope that we've gone past the "we'll make something out of this player that he's never been in his career" stage.

Petruccelle and Jones are both awful. It is insanity to even speak of them and classic rose coloured glasses for players outside our club. My friends are largely all Eagles supporters, they all want to see the back of Petruccelle and Jones, because both are terrible.

We should be seriously looking at Dylan Shiel this offseason.

Ok before the pitchforks come out - hear me out.

We need speed and some additional running capacity/support through midfield and Shiel has found himself behind Merrett, Caldwell and Durham at the Bombers. Essendon have a glut of these players and we desperately need one to pair with Walsh and complement Cripps & Cerra/Hewett.

Yes he is turning 32 in March '25, but he can temporarily assist with our midfield mix before we can replace him. 2 year deal until he is 33 and then we move him on to open up Cody Walker's list spot.

I thought Shiel performed well when reintroduced into the side end of year, and was flirting with leaving essendon in 2023.

Reality is we need a point of difference in midfield. I have been on record saying we should target Butters in 2025 as a pre-agent (replacing Doch), so Shiel is merely a bridging trade.

FWIW, think Kennedy is a perfect fit at Essendon.

I'd be seeking Shiel and their future 1st & 3rd, while offering Kennedy, our future 2nd and perhaps North's future 2nd (Owies + our current 2nd).

Balance our midfield and have 2x 2025 1sts to put on the table for Butters next year (keep our 2026 picks for Cody bid).

2025 Midfield Rotation Depth Chart:

Half Fwd/Wing: E Hollands - J Binns
Half Fwd/Def Mid: A Cincotta - C Lord

Big Mid: P Cripps - B Camporeale
Def Mid: A Cerra - G Hewett
Burst Mid: D Shiel - B Wilson

Wing/Burst Mid: S Walsh - S Docherty
Wing: B Acres - M Duffy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need speed and some additional running capacity/support through midfield and Shiel has found himself behind Merrett, Caldwell and Durham at the Bombers. Essendon have a glut of these players and we desperately need one to pair with Walsh and complement Cripps & Cerra/Hewett.

Yes he is turning 32 in March '25, but he can temporarily assist with our midfield mix before we can replace him. 2 year deal until he is 33 and then we move him on to open up Cody Walker's list spot.

I thought Shiel performed well when reintroduced into the side end of year, and was flirting with leaving essendon in 2023.

Reality is we need a point of difference in midfield. I have been on record saying we should target Butters in 2025 as a pre-agent (replacing Doch), so Shiel is merely a bridging trade.

I'd be seeking Shiel and their future 1st & 3rd, while offering Kennedy, our future 2nd and perhaps North's future 2nd (Owies + our current 2nd).

Balance our midfield and have 2x 2025 1sts to put on the table for Butters next year (keep our 2026 picks for Cody bid).

No Way Do Not Want GIF by Schitt's Creek

Nope - Like Goddard, Shiel was the Carlton supporter with a dog called 'Juddy' who had his chance to join the Blues but instead, chose Essendon for some god-awful reason like 'they had better leadership'.

He can GAGF in my opinion.

Not sure what a 32 year old Dylan Shiel would offer

Nope - Like Goddard, Shiel was the Carlton supporter with a dog called 'Juddy' who had his chance to join the Blues but instead, chose Essendon for some god-awful reason like 'they had better leadership'.

He can GAGF in my opinion.
Leadership = real estate portfolios.

We all know it, but in fairness itā€™s helped them sign a lot of players.

No No No GIF

Roos just delisted Curtis Taylor - I would be into him big time. Was looking like a real good forward option with nice hands before they moved him to a wing. Would be a great pick-up imo

Roos just delisted Curtis Taylor - I would be into him big time. Was looking like a real good forward option with nice hands before they moved him to a wing. Would be a great pick-up imo
Wow. Really like the young man. Havenā€™t been able to understand why he didnā€™t become a half forward staple. Last seen playing mostly off a wing.

Donā€™t have the main list spots to accommodate him, but SSP rookie would be nice.

Having said that, due diligence required. Players with his apparent upside donā€™t fall from grace for no reason, usually.

Any chance Pitto takes marking lessons over the off season..

For a tall player that should be one of his points of difference or advantage over at the non talls at the very least.

Can you take marking lessons?

Is he not fanning his fingers out to create a bowl for the ball to drop in?

Not cushioning the drop of the ball?
Not sure he can work on tiny hands so easily.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back