List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Iā€™ve made up my mind. We need to hit this draft hard and avoid the Houston trap.

Morris, Lohmann, Ashcroft, Wilmot, Fletcher. We need to find our own version of this young core that can bring energy to our older stars rather than adding another star for a massive price.

Last edited:
Iā€™ve made up my mind. We need to hit this draft hard and avoid the Houston trap.

Morris, Lohmann, Ashcroft, Wilmot, Fletcher. We need to find our own version of this young core that can bring energy to our older stars rather than adding another star for a massive price.
TDK, Cowan, Hollands brothers, Moir, Lord, Binns?

Add pick 11 and the Campo boys?

Give Parker 2 years. Heā€™d be our best small forward.
A plank of wood would give half our small forwards a run for their money. Go get some exciting, young, dynamic talent into the team.

Parker is more of the same of what we've already got. Brute inside mid who provides little run.

TDK, Cowan, Hollands brothers, Moir, Lord, Binns?

Add pick 11 and the Campo boys?
F1 to Suns for pick 12 also. Also go all in with pick 31 and anything we get for trades to get Brisbanes pick 18.

Be brave and be prepared to not move up next year but who knows, we couod look like a very smart team if we did improve and also bring in 3 1sts this year plus the Campo boys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daniher, Cameron, Dunkley, Neale, Fort, Ah Chee, McKenna

Always a balance

Quite obvious today (and throughout the entire finals series) that our half forwards and small forwards are light years from where they need to be. Not sure it's something that can be fixed in 2-3 pre-seasons, let alone 1. Depressing.
Berry, Hotton, Hannaford.

Just please get one

Daniher, Cameron, Dunkley, Neale, Fort, Ah Chee, McKenna

Always a balance
Definitely.

But you look at their pick ups over the years and the ones they paid a premium for are not half back flankers. Itā€™s meant to be one of the easiest positions to fill in the afl.

If weā€™re gonna spend multiple firsts on a position, it has to be either small forward or quick mids.

I donā€™t think it will cost us multiple firsts to get Houston
I thought so as well until they lost out on Perryman and Cumming.

Now theyā€™re in a situation where Ken is coaching for his job and they donā€™t have an obvious replacement for Houston who is under contract for multiple years. They will hold on to him if we donā€™t meet their asking price knowing that more suitors will present themselves in 12 months time.

I thought so as well until they lost out on Perryman and Cumming.

Now theyā€™re in a situation where Ken is coaching for his job and they donā€™t have an obvious replacement for Houston who is under contract for multiple years. They will hold on to him if we donā€™t meet their asking price knowing that more suitors will present themselves in 12 months time.
Well I donā€™t Austin will offer 2 firsts for Houston, I think if we get him it will be on our terms

Definitely.

But you look at their pick ups over the years and the ones they paid a premium for are not half back flankers. Itā€™s meant to be one of the easiest positions to fill in the afl.

If weā€™re gonna spend multiple firsts on a position, it has to be either small forward or quick mids.

We have already used top 12 picks on KPFs and there is no blueprint for the perfect list management strategy

Lastly, despite the ongoing conjecture, Houston won't cost 2 x 1st rounders

We have already used top 12 picks on KPFs and there is no blueprint for the perfect list management strategy

Lastly, despite the ongoing conjecture, Houston won't cost 2 x 1st rounders
I agree, it wonā€™t be purely 2 firsts for Houston. Weā€™d surely have something coming back along with him. But imo if we can get our hands on another first this year we should just take both of our picks to the draft instead of using them in a deal for Houston.

Well I donā€™t Austin will offer 2 firsts for Houston, I think if we get him it will be on our terms

See if we can pry pick 12 off GC using our F1...

Take 11 + 12 to the draft.

Also, try and combine picks we get for Owies + Kennedy with maybe our 31 to try and get another late first...

That would be the smartest thing we can do this year.

If we have 11, 12 and 18 then throw one of those + F2 at Houston... we're dumb af.

We will have so many players in their 30's or late 20's next year... we're already the 6th oldest in the comp...

Adding another who will be late 20's, play a pos that we shouldn't be spending 1st rounders on and take considerable cap space is just irresponsible list management...

Whatever space we have, MUST be reserved for Weiters and TDK who enters FA market next year...

We need to do a mini re-build. It will come at the cost of falling back in next year's draft, but we make up for it by adding 3 first rounders + Campo boys this year and the year after next, we will get our hands on Cody Walker.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back