List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree, it wonā€™t be purely 2 firsts for Houston. Weā€™d surely have something coming back along with him. But imo if we can get our hands on another first this year we should just take both of our picks to the draft instead of using them in a deal for Houston.

While I have always been an advocate for the draft, it should never be a blanket approach

Players picked beyond to top 5 picks only average about 100 odd game career and you can find talent at every level

While I have always been an advocate for the draft, it should never be a blanket approach

Players picked beyond to top 5 picks only average about 100 odd game career and you can find talent at every level
Certainly not advocating for a blanket approach either. I would be willing to spend two firsts in a trade for a player more appropriate for our needs.

See if we can pry pick 12 off GC using our F1...

Take 11 + 12 to the draft.

Also, try and combine picks we get for Owies + Kennedy with maybe our 31 to try and get another late first...

That would be the smartest thing we can do this year.

If we have 11, 12 and 18 then throw one of those + F2 at Houston... we're dumb af.

We will have so many players in their 30's or late 20's next year... we're already the 6th oldest in the comp...

Adding another who will be late 20's, play a pos that we shouldn't be spending 1st rounders on and take considerable cap space is just irresponsible list management...

Whatever space we have, MUST be reserved for Weiters and TDK who enters FA market next year...

We need to do a mini re-build. It will come at the cost of falling back in next year's draft, but we make up for it by adding 3 first rounders + Campo boys this year and the year after next, we will get our hands on Cody Walker.
I actually hope we can get pick 12 off the suns and take pick 11 and 12 in the draft

Certainly not advocating for a blanket approach either. I would be willing to spend two firsts in a trade for a player more appropriate for our needs.

Exactly, if we were looking at a trade for Butters or Petracca, then two 1st round picks would make more sense...

One first rounder won't seal the deal for Houston... Port will want more and given he's contracted they have no reason not to... we will at the very least need to throw another pick upgrade in for them... whether that's our F2 for a 3rd rounder or something similar... it's still too much to pay for a hb.

I made this point years ago when we traded pick 8 for Saad... I didn't want us to do it back then, we did it and yes, while Saad has been a good pickup... he's 31 next year and we don't even have a single top 4 finish to show for it... clock is ticking away... he might retire or be very close to in a couple years...

Look at Port's midfield compared to ours... Houston's elite kicking works with them... with our one paced midfield that relies on Cripps... that floods the wing and doesn't move to create options... Houston will have a hard time having the same impact in navy blue... he's just the wrong player for us to target at this stage imo...

Houston would be great but heā€™s a bit too old for my liking.

I donā€™t mind if we use a F1 for a player but preferably if they are around 20-24.

We have the senior players, letā€™s hit the draft hard with 2/3 1st this year, a couple of young guys from other clubs that need a change and the Campos is what Iā€™m hoping for

Exactly, if we were looking at a trade for Butters or Petracca, then two 1st round picks would make more sense...

One first rounder won't seal the deal for Houston... Port will want more and given he's contracted they have no reason not to... we will at the very least need to throw another pick upgrade in for them... whether that's our F2 for a 3rd rounder or something similar... it's still too much to pay for a hb.

I made this point years ago when we traded pick 8 for Saad... I didn't want us to do it back then, we did it and yes, while Saad has been a good pickup... he's 31 next year and we don't even have a single top 4 finish to show for it... clock is ticking away... he might retire or be very close to in a couple years...

Look at Port's midfield compared to ours... Houston's elite kicking works with them... with our one paced midfield that relies on Cripps... that floods the wing and doesn't move to create options... Houston will have a hard time having the same impact in navy blue... he's just the wrong player for us to target at this stage imo...
Weā€™ve had about 15 first round picks in this rebuild. Using 1 on Saad who is one of our best players is irrelevant.
Weā€™ve used about 10 first rounders on midfielders, and havenā€™t got a top 4 finish to show for it. Doesnā€™t mean you donā€™t need them too.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back