• Chad Warner

Votes: 169 67.1%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 14 5.6%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 10 4.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

That 4 years takes him to free agency so we'll probably keep an eye on how he progresses and have another crack then if we need a forward.
With Amiss, Treacy, Darcy and Jackson (rucks are relevant as long as there's two of them) we're probably sorted for some time.

Logan McDonald is far too good to be depth and so are Amiss and Treacy. It'd be a big risk to try fit another tall forward into the best 22 on what'd likely be money you wouldn't want running around at Peel.

Screenshot_20240705_142457.jpg
I'd say Jack Martin falls into the same bucket as Jaeger, Jesse, Harley and McCarthy. As a Fremantle fan there have been times we have absolutely coveted these blokes and then by the time we get our wish it's something completely different.

With Amiss, Treacy, Darcy and Jackson (rucks are relevant as long as there's two of them) we're probably sorted for some time.

Logan McDonald is far too good to be depth and so are Amiss and Treacy. It'd be a big risk to try fit another tall forward into the best 22 on what'd likely be money you wouldn't want running around at Peel.
You forgot about Sturt. He is a gun.

You forgot about Sturt. He is a gun.
No I didn't. I spoke outside tall forwards not medium forwards.

Having said that medium forwards with the speed of a small and good marking ability are probably better for the overall forward miss than another tall. You could say that about every type of forward that isn't a tall though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won't happen, the time is now to strike for trades or free agents...just a small forward and another wing.
Trades are still a good way to get some players. I don't know why some on here are so against it. Poor past trades aren't a reason to not trade - they're a reason to trade better.

I can't see 3-4 players drafted this year all contributing to a top four push in the next 2-3 years tbh.

Collingwood had nine recycled players in the 23 in last year's Grand Final. This is a high amount but it could easily be just Jackson, Sharp and Clark (maybe JOM and/or Aish depending on how long form lasts) for us - three is not very many.

We've still got to get players for the right value etc. but trading for upgrades on the best 22 is 100% the most ideal scenario for one or two of those picks.

Last edited:
View attachment 2039224
I'd say Jack Martin falls into the same bucket as Jaeger, Jesse, Harley and McCarthy. As a Fremantle fan there have been times we have absolutely coveted these blokes and then by the time we get our wish it's something completely different.

Why would we waste our cap space on an injury prone player who never lived up to his potential

Won't happen, the time is now to strike for trades or free agents...just a small forward and another wing.
Another wing? If that's really on the cards I'm thinking there must be a line through the following;
  • O'Driscoll
  • Stanley
  • Chapman to the midfield (I think wing is his best midfield position)

Also it would suggest Warner is unlikely because him coming in likely means Brayshaw more outside.

I also think JOM has been doing ok there.

There's just not many spots available atm. A sonny replacement and a proper winger is about it.

Even if we draft someone talented, they still might be inferior at the role to the incumbent in the short term. If you pick 3 top 20 players, they are going to get tapped up if stuck at Peel.

We should get overs for a late first rounder. A future first plus a 2nd or something to use this year. 16 for F1 + 35 or something. Can't really lose in that situation and might mean not using future picks if Chad is on.

Other option is to trade up if we have a target. Not sure if there is a forward likely to go top 10, but I'd be all for doing that.
Try and tell me shai bolton isn’t a major upgrade on sonny. If somny b22 then picture b22 with bolton replacing him. Just not sure he’s a cultural fit.

Hit the draft PLEASE.

One tall KPF, one small KPF, one tall KPF.

Doneski.
Too many list spots tied into the development basket with that though. I reckon combine two into a trade (either for a single higher pick this year if you're really keen, but preferably either use it on a prime age player, or a higher future pick). Use the leftover pick for a smart quick forward of whatever size in the draft.

Another wing? If that's really on the cards I'm thinking there must be a line through the following;
  • O'Driscoll
  • Stanley

Also it would suggest Warner is unlikely because him coming in likely means Brayshaw more outside.

agreed - I don't think we have a lack of wingmen

• O'Driscoll
  • Stanley

Stanley and NOD missing half year has made us feel like we lack depth there, hopefully they get a solid run in the back half of the year and start putting pressure on JOM and Bailey for that congested wing position.

Back