Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 44 12.2%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Good ol WAFL website, I went from "jeez, must be a lotta growth to get to top 20" to "holy shit, 6 goals a game" to "stupid WAFL" very quickly

View attachment 2050373

Lot of goals kicked in Colts. Every player I've looked up kicks 6 a game from 6 kicks.

Just watch the highlights video for Travaglia, reminds me of Blakey.

Would be a great running half back to partner with Clark

Was he leaning over the fence and chatting up the other players girlfriends during the game or something?

Would be worried if I were Emmett, out of contract and potentially looking at first round draft picked small forwards coming into the squad.

First round draft picks tend to walk into the spot of the existing effort players
Emmet is one of JL favourtes i'd be surprise if he doesnt get new deal
now that Kako is off the table most likely only leaves Berry who would be top 20 pick as a small forward

Emmet is one of JL favourtes i'd be surprise if he doesnt get new deal
now that Kako is off the table most likely only leaves Berry who would be top 20 pick as a small forward
What makes you think this?

Was dropped the moment our first choice forward line were all available at the same time.

Played because we kept missing Fred, switta and Sturt to start the season.

If anything, Sturt is a favourite.

One of the things I'm most enjoying about BF at the moment is reading threads and seeing Deathly express surprise at 2 out of every three posts.
Makes it better when you imagine them saying "waow" every time you see it.

Last edited:
What makes you think this?

Was dropped the moment our first choice forward line were all available at the same time.

Played because we kept missing Fred, switta and Sturt to start the season.

If anything, Sturt is a favourite.
JL has said a number of times he loves the way he goes about it.

he was in best 22 at start of season with Fred, switta both in
he's playing well at peel

Fair enough, be interesting to see if there’s a switch this week between the two

Yeah they see him as the Shoota replacement in time. They do rate him. Justin was complaining about the lack of forward pressure in the Hawthorn game, so bringing Emmett back in isn't completely out of the question. Not sure how though.

Yeah they see him as the Shoota replacement in time. They do rate him. Justin was complaining about the lack of forward pressure in the Hawthorn game, so bringing Emmett back in isn't completely out of the question. Not sure how though.
Drop Walters for Emmett. Add defensive pressure and don't lose anything offensively.

Drop Walters for Emmett. Add defensive pressure and don't lose anything offensively.
I think they like Walters kicking into the forward line, but the team has been a bit better with that generally so it may not be quite as important to keep Walters in the side. Assuming Sturt isn't injured, he can be freed up to take that inside 50 kick and also Switta and Young. Emmett can bring more of the defensive side, as you mentioned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not going to listen but would love a rundown from anyone willing to spend a few mins typing one up.

Deep draft, good players in the first 40. Expecting clubs to trade back into the draft as possible. (Pick 40 this year, would be pick 20 in other years)

Top end is not as good as other years. (Top 5 or 6)

He goes through different players in the draft. Worth a listen in the first 10 mins of episode.

Baker met with Brayshaw, Serong plus a contingent of players when Richmond were in WA.
Baker likely to go, but not sure which club.

Nothing else big to report

Could tell we met with baker as he wasn't very good against us

Bloke has to play on the edge, think I said it on here at the time of the game

I'd be surprised if we weren't still front runners, I just thought maybe we have put a couple ahead of baker on our list (altho they don't seem to be happening)

No club picked Humphries in his draft year of 2021 as he wasn’t considered professional enough.
He apparently stopped taking footy seriously for a season after that and wasn’t really trying too hard, then came back last year to WAFL level and knuckled down.
They were talking about it on HBG podcast yesterday. Apparently If he’d been drafted by eagles in 2021 he probably would be delisted by now as he wasn’t ready.

The place the eagles missed him was at the back end of last years draft. Then again, so did every other club apart from the cats. We could have taken him at 40 or 59 instead of murphy or Delean as an example. Would have been nice to have a young local indigenous Kid with his skills on the team.
He was part of their NGA and a total freebie. I'd be wanting a better excuse than 'no other club picked him' if I was a WC supporter.

I think it has more to do with Young in the middle personally. We were starting to look good at the end of last year with him in the middle before that we looked shite.
I think you're both right. Young going in has simplified Fyfe's role to extraction and blocking. Young started our defensive but has now switched with Brayshaw to great effect (Brayshaw is an elite def mid, Young elite att mid/i50 qb), with Serong extracting, getting to the outside.

Finally got a setup that, with Darcy, is greater than the sum if it's parts due to its complimentary nature.

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back