• Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

But he is though?
For that price, it’s not even worth it. Wagner can do similar rebounding, and is cheap option.
Depends on the price, I agree, but he walks into our best 22 with ease.

I'd love to have Baker late in games. Experienced leader who can play forward, mid and back, who would also probably play on a wing and instantly be our best wing option.

Price is a factor, yes, but he's actually seriously underrated on this board.

I really don't know where I stand on Baker because I haven't seen enough of him, would he genuinely add something to our Best 22? Or is he just a depth/fringe player?

Depends on the price, I agree, but he walks into our best 22 with ease.

I'd love to have Baker late in games. Experienced leader who can play forward, mid and back, who would also probably play on a wing and instantly be our best wing option.

Price is a factor, yes, but he's actually seriously underrated on this board.
your dreaming, he hasnt got the pace to play wing (but then again neither does JOM)

I think if we're in the place to afford both of Warner and Bolton yet we have to trade one of Banfield, Sturt or Switkowski as brought up earlier, I think Switkowski is the odd man out, you can get actual value for him and I'd argue Bolton and Warner are both just better at his role.
Who brings the pressure in the forward line without Switkowski? Banfield has played up the ground of late. Sturt is ok but Switkowski has had more inside 50 tackles than any other player in AFL this year.

Bolton and Warner aren’t replacing that

Who brings the pressure in the forward line without Switkowski? Banfield has played up the ground of late. Sturt is ok but Switkowski has had more inside 50 tackles than any other player in AFL this year.

Yeah of those 3 in a contest of "Who does valuable things or has valuable attributes that are most difficult to replace?", Switta and Sturt are comfortably ahead of Banfield, and I don't mean that as a knock coz I like Banfield. Though if possible, there's others in contract that I'd sooner trade than any of those 3 (admittedly for Banfield part of that is character/off-field stuff).

We badly need small forwards. I think we only have 3 on our list. (True small forwards)

Walters - about to retire
Emmett - Poor skills
Dealan - playing WAFL reserves.

I really don't want any of these players in our best 22, but in reality, you should have at least one, ideally 2 of these players in your best 22.

I don't think picking players like Switta in this role helps us.

Emmett doesn’t need to improve much until he’s at the point where I say ‘worse players have won premierships’.

The issue is like you say most teams have more than one small forward in their team and usually one of them is much better than Emmett.

Sturt isn’t really a crumber but he’s always staying in the team due to ability to hit the scoreboard in other ways. Having a genuine crumber like the version of Michael Walters match committee likes to pretend we still have would complete the forward line. It’s going to be hard to find a spot for two genuine small forwards due to the three talls and Sturt. Switta and Freddy are very good HFFs most weeks.

It’s rather strange we’re still talking about small forwards as our biggest need yet I don’t actually think the forward line has lost us any games this season. We’ve lost games in the midfield and that’s about it yet the midfield when it’s working looks like one the AFL’s best. I think we’re a genuine premiership contender if we get consistency from the midfield and we should one if we do both that and get an above average crumbing small forward (I don’t even think a genuine A Grader is necessary - just someone we can all agree should never get dropped)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok? Kane Cornes was on the panel last year. I've seen one of the best defenders in Weitering never make the final team, while mids get picked in the forward line

AA team and squad isn't what it used to be, so meh
I've changed my mind and shall let this discussion be.

I really don't know where I stand on Baker because I haven't seen enough of him, would he genuinely add something to our Best 22? Or is he just a depth/fringe player?
Where would he play? If it’s small forward then his worth diminishes.
He won’t play midfield, size and pace is lacking.
Warner and Bolton make more sense, otherwise go to the draft.
Both players can turn a game and that is what’s lacking at Freo.
Honestly we lack speed, which could be fixed in the preseason but we seem to
concentrate on 2km time trials.p
Warner has proven that speed can be worked on, but the other issue is selection.
Knobel must be given a chance next year, especially if Darcy is unavailable or carrying an injury. Midfield gets torched otherwise.

Yep, don't understand who he upgrades.

Can't see him breaking into our midfield, he's a downgrade on anyone in there. At half back he's a downgrade on Clarke & Ryan, and not sure why we would consider him at small forward when we could just offer the picks for Bolton.

Pick 13 being floated for him is unhinged.

Warner and Bolton make more sense, otherwise go to the draft.
Both players can turn a game and that is what’s lacking at Freo.
Honestly we lack speed, which could be fixed in the preseason but we seem to
concentrate on 2km time trials.p
Warner has proven that speed can be worked on, but the other issue is selection.
Knobel must be given a chance next year, especially if Darcy is unavailable or carrying an injury. Midfield gets torched otherwise.
He can play a variety of positions and has experience, something we are lacking.

If Schultz had always played for Collingwood a lot on this board wouldn't find a spot for him in our best 22.

His attributes are all pretty average. Skills meh. Athleticism? Footy IQ not bad I guess but he had one trait that set him apart: appetite for the contest. Some may call it intensityor just plain dog hungriness.

Baker's the same. Only he's a staffy. He does what shooter does with a smile rather than a grimace.

exactly, so am not sure why we would even consider trading Switta

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back