List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Our last top 10 pick was Neil Erasmus, why do people assume it'll be Caleb Serong? Serong is an anomaly, not the norm
And Jye Amiss, is he an anomaly too?

This is a strong draft apparently so we need to be comfortable getting Bolton and Richmond using the pick on a Serong/Young caliber prospect who will play for the Tigers for years. Or 2 of them would you’re that way inclined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a strong draft apparently so we need to be comfortable getting Bolton and Richmond using the pick on a Serong/Young caliber prospect who will play for the Tigers for years. Or 2 of them would you’re that way inclined.

Imagine they pick a WA player and we get them back for cheaper than the pick they took them with in three years time

Imagine they pick a WA player and we get them back for cheaper than the pick they took them with in three years time
The only WA prospect in the range is Bo Allan and he’s more 15-18 range from what I can see.
When you look at the phantoms there’s actually a lot of decent players that were well hyped early in the season like smillie, travaglia and trainor sliding into the early teens

It sounds like it is more an even/deep draft through to later picks, rather than a strong draft at the top end. It may well be that 15-30 ends up better than 1-15. I'm not fussed about giving up 9+10 versus 9+16 for Bolton. I actually prefer 9+10 and extra salary paid, and rate Hannaford higher than Berry for example.

The draft could be similar to 2016, where most of the top 30 have had reasonable careers, but not too many stellar careers and only 1 star (McCLuggage) in the top 10. And it just so happens Bolton was the best player in that top 30 at 29. Then Cox, Darcy, Stewart, Daicos, Ryan, Larkey, Marshall, Zurharr, Jack Henry later. We nailed that draft in the back end.

Let's ignore the F/S, compo picks. Imagine if Richmond get players of the quality of McGrath, Petrevski-Seton, Brodie and Bowes as per their 2016 draft positions at 1, 6, 9, 10. Would be a disaster. There could be some similar sorts on offer with Smith/FOS sounding a bit like McGrath to me, then Langford/Smillie sounding a bit like Brodie/Bowes.

It sounds like it is more an even/deep draft through to later picks, rather than a strong draft at the top end. It may well be that 15-30 ends up better than 1-15. I'm not fussed about giving up 9+10 versus 9+16 for Bolton. I actually prefer 9+10 and extra salary paid, and rate Hannaford higher than Berry for example.

The draft could be similar to 2016, where most of the top 30 have had reasonable careers, but not too many stellar careers and only 1 star (McCLuggage) in the top 10. And it just so happens Bolton was the best player in that top 30 at 29. Then Cox, Darcy, Stewart, Daicos, Ryan, Larkey, Marshall, Zurharr, Jack Henry later. We nailed that draft in the back end.

Let's ignore the F/S, compo picks. Imagine if Richmond get players of the quality of McGrath, Petrevski-Seton, Brodie and Bowes as per their 2016 draft positions at 1, 6, 9, 10. Would be a disaster. There could be some similar sorts on offer with Smith/FOS sounding a bit like McGrath to me, then Langford/Smillie sounding a bit like Brodie/Bowes.

Yeah and it could be a 2019 draft lol, I don't think 2016 was considered a strong draft coming in to it...

If they get McQualter/any other coach that Baker "approves" of and Baker chooses West Coast, you have the easy "Liam Baker chose your coach" attack, whether it played a part or not.
Oh don’t worry I’m sincerely hoping it’s this one
I’ve already got my disparaging pay outs locked and loaded for the WC supporters once the decision comes out

Young at 7?

If you take Henry out (which is fair enough as a bid), we've nailed them all except arguably Logue.
This is exactly why the 'draft is a lottery' is a really dumb statement.

Get the better picks and the chances of getting a good player is massive tbh. Beyond that it progressively the probability of getting a good player gets worse and worse. Clubs literally invest millions to recruit the best players possible - imagine where that'd get you in an actual lottery.

Having said that the only risk of recruiting a player that's already good and reasonably young (i.e Bolton) is that a draft pick does much better than expected not that they might do as expected (Maybe unforseen things like injuries).

If you look at the top ten of Logue's draft there is worse players than him btw. Don't think Carlton bid for Henry if we'd left the option to not match the bid tbh - w**nkers.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

God I really want to believe we’re not stupid enough to give 10 for Baker 🤢🤢🤢

Unfortunately I have no faith in that so I’m just praying Baker saves us from ourselves here.
But also that from Ralph makes no sense. We won’t give 9,10 for Bolton because we want to save 10 for Baker? So Richmond will get 9,10,16 for them both. But we can use 9,10 for Bolton and then give 16 for Baker and it’s the exact same return lol tf

Imagine if Richmond get players of the quality of McGrath, Petrevski-Seton, Brodie and Bowes as per their 2016 draft positions at 1, 6, 9, 10. Would be a disaster.
Would be glorious if you ask me .

After reading 95% of their supporters incessant over valuing of their players to the point of absolute delusion I would think that’s more than palatable outcome for all involved

But we can use 9,10 for Bolton and then give 16 for Baker and it’s the exact same return lol tf
It’s Ralph, what do you expect

But also that from Ralph makes no sense. We won’t give 9,10 for Bolton because we want to save 10 for Baker? So Richmond will get 9,10,16 for them both. But we can use 9,10 for Bolton and then give 16 for Baker and it’s the exact same return lol tf

Rookie.

We KNOW Baker doesn’t want to come to us. So we offer 10. Thus, we default to 9 and 16 for Bolton.

IF Baker does then say Freo, you’re correct. It’s the same deal.

This is a triple whammy sandwich. It ‘forces’ Eagles to pay 13 when 23 should’ve been all it takes. It makes Baker welcomed like a fart in an elevator at West Coast and lastly it ‘forces’ Richmond to accept 9 and 16.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back