Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing with Kanes take is, he would at least be able to make a case if he said we should have kept Meek, cashed in on Darcy and still got Jackson in as the unicorn (I’m still very happy with how it panned out before any Darcy defenders jump on)

The fact that he thinks Jackson should be our sole ruck proves he has NFI

A Liam Ryan for Erasmus trade makes too much sense.

Both from WA so let's them stay at home.

Liam Ryan is 27 and in a role we need to fill.

Erasmus would get a game every week for the Eagles and is a more useful age for them than 27 is.

Erasmus would get a game every week for the Eagles and is a more useful age for them than 27 is.
team america vomit GIF

Seems from previous posts, Liam Ryan has off field issues? I haven't heard or is it well hidden

Seems from previous posts, Liam Ryan has off field issues? I haven't heard or is it well hidden

Many issues - a lot of which have been held back from the public. He wouldn't get that protection here. He has also struggled with fitness and weight for a couple of years now. My news is he is managing a back issue which will be ongoing as well.

Many issues - a lot of which have been held back from the public. He wouldn't get that protection here. He has also struggled with fitness and weight for a couple of years now. My news is he is managing a back issue which will be ongoing as well.
Why does it get held back and by whom? The media? Thought they like a good salacious story..

Didn't think he was an angel but ..

I think as long as he came cheap on the salary side of things his talent is worth the risk.

Eagles club across the last 4 years has been a shocking culture. Half the team ignoring protocols and going out clubbing during covid after getting pumped by 100 for example.

I think bringing him in to our elite culture, under Walters wing, could pay off massively.

See Stengle for a prime example.

Liam Ryan has been moping around the field since the Eagles started sucking. He is so far from the type of player we've been investing in recently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liam Ryan has been moping around the field since the Eagles started sucking. He is so far from the type of player we've been investing in recently.

Stengle got delisted by two clubs due to behavioural issues and is now the best small forward in the league and Geelong probably don't win the flag with out him.

Liam Ryan moping around since the Eagles fell off a cliff is an exact reason why we should go for him, similair to Bolton in a way.

Liam Ryan is the cherry on top for a good list, he needs to be in a good sporting culture. His value right now is at its absoloute lowest.

Its a low risk high reward type investment.

Stengle got delisted by two clubs due to behavioural issues and is now the best small forward in the league and Geelong probably don't win the flag with out him.

Liam Ryan moping around since the Eagles fell off a cliff is an exact reason why we should go for him, similair to Bolton in a way.

Liam Ryan is the cherry on top for a good list, he needs to be in a good sporting culture. His value right now is at its absoloute lowest.

The WA media makes it a high risk low reward investment IMO.

If some of the stuff I've heard is true it doesn't matter if happened today or five years ago. If it gets out, he's done - Simple as that.

And it will get out of he plays for us. We don't need a Andrew Lovett situation (what I've heard about Ryan isn't that bad but still don't reckon he'd last a off season for us before the WA media finishes him).

Stengle also had "mental health issues" at the pub last week and blacked out.

And Ryan is so far from the type you'd blow up your culture for. Best he's kicked in a season is 30. Banfield is probably going to kick 25 this year.

No chance we're interested in either of those players and I can't be happier about it.

Wash your keyboard out..

And Ryan is so far from the type you'd blow up your culture for. Best he's kicked in a season is 30. Banfield is probably going to kick 25 this year.

No chance we're interested in either of those players and I can't be happier about it.

You think Stengle blew up Geelongs culture when he was AA for them when they won the flag.

What about DeGoey at pies?

Dustin Martin at Richmond.

To win flags you gotta take risks. You gotta back your culture in.

I think we are in a place now where I would be willing to take a little punt on a guy like Liam Ryan.

Last edited:

They were ‘health’ issues not mental health

You think Stengle blew up Geelongs culture when he was AA for them when they won the flag.

What about DeGoey at pies?

Dustin Martin at Richmond.

To win flags you gotta take risks. You gotta back your culture in.

I think we are in a place now where I would be willing to take a little punt on a guy like Luke Ryan.

We've had a very discernable shift in the types of people and players we target and neither Stengle nor Ryan fit in that mold. No interest, full stop.

Liam Ryan wouldn't be that bad of a get. I'd prefer him to jack Martin.

Gee, you really hate Ryan don't you 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂😂
The moment the Eagles got ****, his effort tanked. Could see him just walking around during games all the time. Absolutely phoning it in for most of the last 3 years.

There is a reason someone with his talent has never kicked more than 30 in a season.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back