Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd only go for Bolton if Warner was off the table. (If Sydney win the flag, expect the Warner trade to happen)

Everyone keeps going how we should be trading our three first, except one problem we must use one this year. So, we can only trade two.

Baker id only use the StK 2nd for him.
With Bolton mega contract (which is back ended) I'd only do our earliest and latest firsts and want a second back.

I wouldn't keep our F1st off the table.

100%, it's the same disappointment WC fans are setting themselves up for with Barrass. It's not just a one way street here, we have something they want just like we want Bolton.
and the club

I'd only go for Bolton if Warner was off the table. (If Sydney win the flag, expect the Warner trade to happen)

Everyone keeps going how we should be trading our three first, except one problem we must use one this year. So, we can only trade two.

Baker id only use the StK 2nd for him.
With Bolton mega contract (which is back ended) I'd only do our earliest and latest firsts and want a second back.

I wouldn't keep our F1st off the table.
Surely Richmond pick up some of Bolton's contract. Even if it is smoothing it out so we are paying the yearly rate of the whole thing, not the back ended part. Eg. 1 to 1.1m a year for the next four but it should only be 900K pa. over 5 years.

Surely Richmond pick up some of Bolton's contract. Even if it is smoothing it out so we are paying the yearly rate of the whole thing, not the back ended part. Eg. 1 to 1.1m a year for the next four but it should only be 900K pa. over 5 years.
I think this is likely, which is why I am bracing for a large trade cost.

If Warner is a possibility, and a good one at that, sure go for him. If he's more likely next year though, focus on luring Bolton over, he fills more of a need for us right now.

If Warner is a possibility, and a good one at that, sure go for him. If he's more likely next year though, focus on luring Bolton over, he fills more of a need for us right now.

I think that perhaps 7 + 16 + 25 for Bolton and Baker is where it falls tbh.

It’s some give on Bolton from our side, and some give from their side on Baker

We then take our pick to the draft and take Berry or similar

That’s extremely unfair. He has been solid, had he been fit 2019-2022. He would’ve been something.
His back has killed any longevity and robbed him of his legs.
Ross Lyon refused to play him in 2016 when he was averaging 20 disposals and 3 goals for Peel. That’s horrific. A team 0-9 and what we do ? Play Kersten in 2017.

It’s the club’s list management that robbed the team of any KPF. Choosing Tabs off the Rookie List then no one in the first round for 10 years until Amiss. That’s criminal
Taberner was a disaster in 2015 and dropped a chest mark on the goal line from shot going straight through.

Are Bolton's and Rioli's managers best mates with Twomey? Gettable sounds like he's trying to talk the Tigers into it.
His analogy was funny. " when you are planning to sell your house in 3 years, some one come today and ready to pay overs , just take it "......
He and Riley listed the picks Richmond will be having on draft day and also the players they will take. Some 5 or 6 players in top 20.

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taberner was a disaster in 2015 and dropped a chest mark on the goal line from shot going straight through.
Hes also the only key forward since Pav to make the All Australian squad for Fremantle. He isn't the same player now, but only dead set morons think Tabs wasn't good for us overall.

Hes also the only key forward since Pav to make the All Australian squad for Fremantle. He isn't the same player now, but only dead set morons think Tabs wasn't good for us overall.
He made a squad of 40 in the shortened covid season where he kicked 16 goals. Nothing in that season counts. He has never been a good footballer.

I'm 100% a moron because Tabs was not a good player for us IMO. He made the AA squad in 2020 with 25% lower game time, it's the biggest outlioer season of all time. His games played and goals kicked stats are:

2023: 4 games 3 goals
2022: 13 games 23 goals
2021: 16 games 37 goals
2020: 16 games 29 goals
2019: 9 games 13 goals
2018: 9 games 10 goals
2017: 8 games 11 goals
2016: 17 games 18 goals
2015: 15 games 14 goals

He couldn't ever stay on the park, never worked out how to lead/block and when he was fit wasn't close to being elite. He got the most out of his body but let's not pretend he was anything above a c-grade forward for his entire career.

He made a squad of 40 in the shortened covid season where he kicked 16 goals. Nothing in that season counts. He has never been a good footballer.
29 goals that year and 37 the year after. He's not some star but the initial claim saying he "stole a career" is garbage

Last edited:
I say one of Bolton or Warner is in purple next year because I think the only way Bolton isn't in purple is because something has happened with Warner.
Before Yze rapidly changed his tune compared to past statements by Yze himself, Tim Livingstone and Jon Ralph, I would not have underestimated the possibility that Richmond cut off their nose to spite their face and price Freo out of the trade. Now though, yeah you'd think Richmond won't actively sabotage a trade, so if Freo want him Freo get him.

125 games
173 goals at 1.5 goals a game.
5 Marks per game.

He is a very solid player. Just did not have the skills or the footy smarts to get any more out of himself. If every player worked as hard as him on our list, we would be top 2 at the moment.

In 2020, Matthew Taberner averaged the second highest contested marks numbers all season.

=5th for marks inside fifty
=5th for goals

He wasn't overrated in 2020.

We could have done with him either five years earlier, or five years later. If he was 26 this year, we would be enjoying amazing depth, if he were 24 in 2013 instead of 19 we would have enjoyed that.

Before Yze rapidly changed his tune compared to past statements by Yze himself, Tim Livingstone and Jon Ralph, I would not have underestimated the possibility that Richmond cut off their nose to spite their face and price Freo out of the trade. Now though, yeah you'd think Richmond won't actively sabotage a trade, so if Freo want him Freo get him.
I included him in the poll at the start of the year basically for a reason. Trading Bolton has always made the most sense. They should have committed to it earlier and tried to sway Baker with a shitload of money before he made his mind up. In terms of contracted player trades, its the most win/win/win trade you can get. Everyone benefits

125 games
173 goals at 1.5 goals a game.
5 Marks per game.

He is a very solid player. Just did not have the skills or the footy smarts to get any more out of himself. If every player worked as hard as him on our list, we would be top 2 at the moment.

If those stats were over 6 or 7 years you could say he was good. But those 173 goals and 125 games took 12 seasons of football to achieve. The fact he couldn't stay on the park hurt the side immensely when trying to build a competent and consistent forward line.

and the club

I genuinely hope if they play the fool on this trade to that affect , that the hawks walk away.
Which will become a lot easier if battle decides to join them as well

Be interesting to see WC stance then.

Honestly WC almost can’t not afford to do the deal.

They’re just not going to get enough top end talent draft wise through the door in time before Tassie come in, without stretching the time line right out

Not to mention the amount of academy selections available being taking off the list of available talent looking like really increasing over the next few years.

West coast will have never faced anywhere near such conditions when attempting to rebuild since their inception , on top of this also basically starting not far from ground zero.

Let’s see if the majority of their supporters mantra “never down for long just coz west coast” holds up this time

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back