Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone know how far max knoble is from playing afl because if Sean Darcy has another disaster season he needs to be traded and off the books .....man meek would have been handy this season

Anyone know how far max knoble is from playing afl because if Sean Darcy has another disaster season he needs to be traded and off the books .....man meek would have been handy this season

I think he’s actually really close.
He needs a big pre-season

He can play at Peel.

He gave Boak, a guy in a Zimmer frame, so much space at times it was hilarious
Boak is actually a great comparison, JOM had more impact and plays every week for s top 2 side. Every team has JOM type players running around every week

I think he has more impact at WAFL than Reidy and his height and leap translate to AFL better. I think he could be ready for a couple games next year if he gets a full preseason in. If we are choosing between him and Reidy the club needs to push Reidy out the door. He's nothing but emergency depth

The bloke with some of the worst running numbers at the club is the solution to that?
Who would you rather play? Erasmus will probably already be playing, so who do you want to be our backup and rotation guy? If Fyfe can play an important role in our midfield set-up then so can Brodie. and probably do it better. Serong and Brayshaw need big body support and Erasmus can't help with that yet. Young can't carry that whole load himself. Johnson is still an unknown quantity and should probably be rested at times or at least be required to earn his spot. Unless we recruit some ready made quality mid, we don't have anyone else.

I don’t know about that but getting good value is always a good idea

People who are desperate for Bolton seem to totally discount the value of potentially bringing in 3 guns to an already strong team

Pull that off and we could have 10 years of shots at the title

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
We currently have a first round pick who can't get a game despite being on the list for 2 years. We have depth in kpd stocks, an exciting small mid/forward in Simpson. We have 2 or 3 NGA prospects available next year projecting as top 30 quality, one of them top 10.

We can stockpile more, but we need to hit the GO button.

I hope we have the ruthlessness to do it

Depth is the easiest to find. It's the top end that's hard to get enough of. Case and point, how scary are these names of the top 2 side. Zerk-Thatcher, Mead, Ratagolea, Visentini, Evans, McEntee

Get Bolton, if Baker wants in, get him too, otherwise take a 1st and 2nd to the draft. Move anything else into next year if possible.

We currently have a first round pick who can't get a game despite being on the list for 2 years. We have depth in kpd stocks, an exciting small mid/forward in Simpson. We have 2 or 3 NGA prospects available next year projecting as top 30 quality, one of them top 10.

We can stockpile more, but we need to hit the GO button.

I hope we have the ruthlessness to do it
3 years

He’s a great player when he’s on but his lows are very low, Jeremy Cameron went for way less and look at him

I disagree he worst is actually ok for a small forward. His worst disposal game this year was 8, but he kicked 3 goals straight in that game so it wasn’t that bad. He hasn’t kicked a goal in 6 games this year but 5 of those he got 21,20,18,18 and 17 disposals so again not bad, he worst overall game this year was 13 possessions and 1 point against us, so compared to other small forwards not bad. Kossie Pickett has had 13 games this year of 13 possessions or less and he has kicked a similar amount of goals (34 vs 33) as Bolton. Charlie Cameron has 18 games this year below 13 possessions and has also kicked 34 goals. Both Kossie and Charlie have had way worse games than Bolton this year. Show me a small forward who isn’t inconsistent, it goes with the role

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Apparently Longmuir said they did enough to get another go next year, reckons they deserve to be in the team.

Did start saying they where contracted and did enough to contribute but added something along the lines of 'those conversations will happen with our veterans' which makes it interesting...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t know about that but getting good value is always a good idea

People who are desperate for Bolton seem to totally discount the value of potentially bringing in 3 guns to an already strong team

Pull that off and we could have 10 years of shots at the title

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
we don't need more possible guns that will take 3 years to come good. we need a player who can slot in and make up the 5-10% we are lacking.

That player is Bolton>

If we had him this year we win at least 2 of the games we lost by less that 13 points

He can play at Peel.

He gave Boak, a guy in a Zimmer frame, so much space at times it was hilarious

He was swapping with O'Driscoll between defensive extra at stoppages and starting wing, starting forward. Basically O'Meara started forward when O'Driscoll was on the wing, next stoppage after the bounce Jaeger went to wing and O'Driscoll went inside.

Handing out 6 year contracts is ridiculous.

Where have they all come from.

Pav never signed one so why the desperation to offer some of these guys atm that.

The only 2 players that should have been offered a 6 year contract in 30 year history is Matthew Pavlich or Nathan Fyfe.

No one else
The 6 year contract thing is stupid but its now going to be a common thing, unfortunately. Its the only way to keep the team safe from losing players to free agency.
I think JOM has been fine as a role player and every team would have players at his level every week.
The JOM slander is so unwarranted. He is very handy. Not a superstar but you know what you get from him everyweek.

The 6 year contract thing is stupid but its now going to be a common thing, unfortunately. Its the only way to keep the team safe from losing players to free agency.

The JOM slander is so unwarranted. He is very handy. Not a superstar but you know what you get from him everyweek.
6 year contract is the new 3 year contract. Everyone is getting them these days, but contracts are meaning less and less every year.

JOM does his role fine at best, but he's also 30 and taking up the spot in the team of a younger player who could be playing his role just as well or even better if given the opportunity. Not to mention the fact that he cost us two second round picks. Getting him through the doors was a sideways move at best, backwards at worst.

I disagree he worst is actually ok for a small forward. His worst disposal game this year was 8, but he kicked 3 goals straight in that game so it wasn’t that bad. He hasn’t kicked a goal in 6 games this year but 5 of those he got 21,20,18,18 and 17 disposals so again not bad, he worst overall game this year was 13 possessions and 1 point against us, so compared to other small forwards not bad. Kossie Pickett has had 13 games this year of 13 possessions or less and he has kicked a similar amount of goals (34 vs 33) as Bolton. Charlie Cameron has 18 games this year below 13 possessions and has also kicked 34 goals. Both Kossie and Charlie have had way worse games than Bolton this year. Show me a small forward who isn’t inconsistent, it goes with the role

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Giving up all our first rounders for a small forward id rather go to the draft and take our chances as much as I love Bolton

Giving up all our first rounders for a small forward id rather go to the draft and take our chances as much as I love Bolton

You’re ****ing nuts.

I’m not going to sit here and watch, Banfield, Emmet, Freddy and Switta stink it up all year.

**** that in the poo hole

Genuine question with JL

Gave him a one year extension at the start of the year to not have his contract status distracting the team all year.

He hasn't done enough to get a multi year extension so do we keep doing the one-year thing until he either stinks it up or gets top 4?

Genuine question with JL

Gave him a one year extension at the start of the year to not have his contract status distracting the team all year.

He hasn't done enough to get a multi year extension so do we keep doing the one-year thing until he either stinks it up or gets top 4?

Hmm let’s see…shouldn’t have given him an extension last year, should we do it again.

Bold strategy Cotton…let’s see if it works out for us this time

Genuine question with JL

Would be stupid to extend him before the end of the season. The players and team need to grow up and not listen to outside noise so that they don't let it become a distraction.

It's pretty simple. If we win 15 games and/or finish top 4 then he's earned an extension. If not, then start shopping for a replacement.

Did you miss the whole part where I said train them in that role all pre season because It worked with Fyfe who doesn’t have a defensive bone in his body??
If Brodie had it in him, we would've seen it by now. He's been out of the team for over 1.5 seasons at this point, and probably even pre-dating that he should've known these are the aspects of his game to work on.

Gotta cut him loose and let some other team take his salary. There's a good 8-10 names I'm taking off the list before I attempt to strongarm Fyfe or Walters into retirement (especially if they embrace not playing every game when available), and Brodie is on that list.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back