• Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Bolton and Pickett
Have A Great Day GIF by Gutrectomy

Switta on $600k?
No way he’s leaving if that’s true. Who on earth else is gonna pay him that?

That's a pretty standard salary for someone ranked around the 12-15 range in a best 22. It's about what our offer would be for Baker. Which hopefully we put in the bin if it is still on the table.

He is only young, plenty of time to develop.

I was 💯 told Walters was retiring. No announcement mid week threw me off, but maybe he’ll do a post season one which I feel he doesn’t deserve. He deserved more than that.
I love Walters, you could argue he's a top 5 player all time for Fremantle, he's had such a sustained impaxt over his time in the league and at the club, I'd love to see him get an official retirement and farewell game, he's one of the best that we've ever had, but maybe he's decided to just do a quiet one, wants what is best for the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough IMO.

Quite obviously something is terribly wrong.
Pretty sure their old club doctor is taking them to court too very soon. Then there’s Clayton Oliver (Max Gawn wants him up in qld to keep eyes on him this off season) Petracca, Pickett wants out and the coach has a gambling problem I hear.

Place is a mess.

I love Walters, you could argue he's a top 5 player all time for Fremantle, he's had such a sustained impaxt over his time in the league and at the club, I'd love to see him get an official retirement and farewell game, he's one of the best that we've ever had, but maybe he's decided to just do a quiet one, wants what is best for the team.
Was told early this year and was just waiting for the announcement but it never came. Maybe a change of heart, but I hate to see him languishing in the wafl.

Was told early this year and was just waiting for the announcement but it never came. Maybe a change of heart, but I hate to see him languishing in the wafl.
Hmm, could have had a change of mind, could easily just want one more shot at finals and greatness, maybe that's the one thing driving him to keep going.

That's a pretty standard salary for someone ranked around the 12-15 range in a best 22. It's about what our offer would be for Baker. Which hopefully we put in the bin if it is still on the table.
Would be amazed if Switta is on that kind of money. A mature age recruit, small forward that was pick 73 and has kicked just 55 goals in 88 games over 7 years?
Signed his last deal about 2 years ago when he was pretty unestablished and injury prone.
Never benefitted from being an overpaid former first round pick like many others either.

He would have been on minimum chips for a long time.

I agree he’s a 12-15 ranked player on the list. Dont mistake that for being the 12th or even 15th highest paid though.
Off the top of my head JOM, Aish, Brodie, would all be worse than him but earning more.

Put it this way. If we were only offering former first round pick Blake acres $350k pa in 2022, there is just no way Switta was given a $600k deal.

Probably thought we were a good chance at challenging and so this was one more crack. That one more crack never game so he might have reconsidered and decided to give it one last chance.

Would be amazed if Switta is on that kind of money. A mature age recruit, small forward that was pick 73 and has kicked just 55 goals in 88 games over 7 years?
Signed his last deal about 2 years ago when he was pretty unestablished and injury prone.
Never benefitted from being an overpaid former first round pick like many others either.

He would have been on minimum chips for a long time.

I agree he’s a 12-15 ranked player on the list. Dont mistake that for being the 12th or even 15th highest paid though.
Off the top of my head JOM, Aish, Brodie, would all be worse than him but earning more.

Put it this way. If we were only offering former first round pick Blake acres $350k pa in 2022, there is just no way Switta was given a $600k deal.
Switta signed his deal June last year. Definitely would have been some rejigging done there, with at least some knowledge of the new CBA. 600k is the new 400k.

Probably thought we were a good chance at challenging and so this was one more crack. That one more crack never game so he might have reconsidered and decided to give it one last chance.
At the end of the day with Bolton and potentially Kosi..on top the development of Simpson hopefully.

Walters, Emmet and Banfield types will be cutting the oranges at half time and that’s it. There is no place for them when potentially we have this elite fwd line.

HFF: Freddy Treacy Bolton
FF: Pickett Amiss Jackson

Simpson off the bench. Sturt waiting in the wings.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back