Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay I don’t wanna build the excitement, but Im pretty confident to put this out there. During the course of the last 8 weeks Pickett has meet with a couple of dockers players.

Whether that was just through friendship or something else I’m not sure
Was it Round 19 during the game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne's most promising players 23 and under are Pickett, Rivers, Van Rooyen, McVee, Tholstrup and Windsor. The first five call WA home. Demons must be sweating bullets.

Yeah…

I wonder how far their thinking goes.
Gawn and Viney have re-signed.

Petracca wants out.
Kozzie wants out
Oliver is a net negative.
Tassie in three years.

Trade all three and load up and get the kids in with Gawn and Viney?

Try and keep the rest

Pretty ****en go

Any way we

Here here!
Does he make us better is the question?
And by how much?
A goal a game?
I am very excited!

Just the pure thought of Bolton and Pickett lining up together…
I think there are many other positive flow on effects not just for our forward line if we get Picket and Bolton. I'm not just a little bit excited at the prospect even if we just landed one of the two but if we got both I think I'll be booking my ticket to the GF in March provided Darcy and Cox get through preseason without interruption. Both should be way better in 2025 if they come into the season with a solid fitness base..
Here's what my projected 2025 best 22+sub would look like with Bolton and Picket
B: Walker A.Pearce Draper
HB: Clark Cox Ryan
C: Sharp Young Chapman
HF: Bolton Jackson Freddy
FF: Picket Cyclone Amiss
Followers: Darcy, Serong, Brayshaw
I/C Switta, Sturt, NOD, Wagner
Sub: Erasmus or Johnson
Emergency: Fyfe, Aish, O'Meara, Walters
Explanation
Boltons averaged over 3.5 clearances in recent years. If we got both Picket and Bolton I think we could afford to have him spend 30% of game time onball. Picket could go in the centre square but for less time maybe 3 tines a game. Having both would not only improve our forward line but also our onball options.
Ive got Sturt and Switta in the team (so an extra forward compared to 2024) to allow Jackson, Bolton and Picket to spend time onball. Jackson was a weapon at centre clearances as a mid when used there for brief periods in 2023. While Picket and Bolton in the team we could also afford to let Freddy spend time as a wing which I think is his best position.

With another preseason I think Draper will be too good to not be in the team and I think Chapman is better when he plays in a super attacking role which is why Ive got him on a wing. I also think playing Draper in defence on the oppositions second best tall forward frees up Cox and Ryan to play attacking intercept roles.

NOD's 5 quarters of afl football played late in the year showed what he could add in 2025 so he's currently ahead of both Erasmus and Johnson in my eyes.

I actually like how we could have experienced players fighting to get into the team. I think thats a positive.

Geez I hope we do everything possible to get Picket and Bolton.

Last edited:
Yeah…

I wonder how far their thinking goes.
Gawn and Viney have re-signed.

Petracca wants out.
Kozzie wants out
Oliver is a net negative.
Tassie in three years.

Trade all three and load up and get the kids in with Gawn and Viney?

Try and keep the rest
I'd think the coach and senior players would still think they're in contention mode. Petracca's whereabouts and/or replacement will be significant factor in it all.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back