Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You need an inside mid bull. Erasmus stays.

Joao said Frederick in for JoM which I like. Either way, our top 26 players are elite.

I have Brayshaw, Serong, Young, NOD and Johnson as our inside mids next season tbh. NOD to go out the wing on occasions and Bolton and/or Switta to have stints through the middle.

It’s a bigger midfield than the one that beat us last week. As long as we have no mids that are a defensive liability and competent ruck I think that midfield can compete with just about anyone.

Switta makes sense to me. Pickett is basically Switta that kicks goals. Sturt would have made sense before the contract news as well, but he'd be on a fair bit less than Switta I suspect.

That said, as big of a fan of Sturt as I am, Switta's pressure is probably more valuable than Sturts goals with those two coming in.

Possible for sure. JammoMonty still sounds convinced he's coming home next year though.

100% There will be posturing and egos to work through.
Bolton and Pickett in with Switta out still considerably strengthens the forward line...

Could something like 10, 27 & Switta for Bolton, and 9 and 17 for Pickett work?

Bolton and Pickett in with Switta out still considerably strengthens the forward line...

Could something like 10, 27 & Switta for Bolton, and 9 and 17 for Pickett work?
Yeah it does, but forward pressure was a big issue so adding Kossie to Switta would really help.

Possibly, but I suspect both teams gun for the 2nd first.

I am confident if we get both of Pickett and Bolton that Switta will be traded or a part of the deal. It's good business and Switta's future there is definitely things happening behind the scenes regarding his future.
It's not a massive issue if he goes, but if the question is who would I rather in the team (especially forward) out of JoM and Switta, its Switta by plenty.

It's not a massive issue if he goes, but if the question is who would I rather in the team (especially forward) out of JoM and Switta, its Switta by plenty.

Agree but there’s still a role for JOM at somewhere reasonably close to his best.

And by that I don’t mean 2014 JOM - I mean 2024 JOM excluding his worst few games.

Agree but there’s still a role for JOM at somewhere reasonably close to his best.

And by that I don’t mean 2014 JOM - I mean 2024 JOM excluding his worst few games.
I'm sure he'll play plenty, but NoD is a better winger and the forwardline is looking pretty stacked if it all goes to plan.

Think he's going to find it a fair bit harder than he has to date.

I think the two firsts for each of them is pretty big. Those are more than fair / overs so I think its reasonable anything on top to be minor. Removing those 2nds coming back starts getting into crazy land.

Might be right on Switta value, I have nothing there but he makes sense for Essendon. I'd hope we push the line that we don't need to lose him, but we are open to it. Same as Suns and Lukocious

I made the mistake of reading the thread on the Richmond board. A lot here seem to think that one first rounder would be fair in a normal scenario for Bolton and anything above is overs due to contract and wanting salary concessions. Over there it seems like it is 3 firsts or nothing. He is a very good player, but that is madness. There aren't that many good players in the league. Would you give up that for trac, a top five player in the league?

2 firsts for each is steep and well overs. I would pay it, and would be praying to the injury and fitness gods for a few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd think Omera's contract would be decent? To get him across - I think we extended his hawks contract by a year from memory?

His contract, Hughes, Switta's,

Fyfes and Walters in a year

There's some cash if you want to go looking for it

Or we just offload our overweight Bambi in Darcy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back