Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Is the talk of switta out because he is surplus, or because we would need the cap space and pick?

Surely it would be JOM and Walters out for Bolton and Kozzi, and there’s still a place for switta? Fyfe will be out too pretty soon - I know Bolton isn’t the same as Fyfe or JOM, but surely the balance still works. I’m not counting banners as he was out of round 24 team.
They're all contacted aren't they? You can't just sack/trade contacted players without their consent.

Out of the team I meant, not off the list
Obviously the rumours of Switkowski going have got some seeing him as someone who might be more open to a trade. May not be the case of course.

I think the value he adds to our transition and turnover game goes unnoticed by a lot of people. Any club would love him. Keep him if at all possible I'd say.

Team defense relies on pressuring the possession as deep in their defense as possible though, and we will always have to have it because we won't be playing hitout>clearance>mark>kick>goal>repeat

We would need the forwards to put on pressure or we will start all of our defense between half back and the half forward line so those long bombs when we have finally bottled them up end up as inside fifties - which is high risk.
We need every one of our forwards to lift in the pressure department going into next season. This year was nowhere near good enough.

It is big Melbourne Demons nuffie Tom Morris saying this though so I’m sure a part of him is subconsciously manifesting that Pickett stays.

Still it does sound like pickett may be pretty flaky and unreliable with his trade requests. It’s a pity they didn’t ask Morris about Rhinos claim that Picketts representatives contacted Freo on Monday regarding a trade.
Is Tom Morris Dee supporter? His talk about Kosi felt bit vague and more optimistic than something with solid evidence.he mentioned problems in dee camp in relation to Kossi's request, and also used the term family card but didn't mention the new baby which is a different situation from previous years.And felt like he is undervaluing shai bolton price making sure fremantle got enough assets to arrange for Kossi if he holds strong to leave and fremantle and he reach to agreement?

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

19:45 onwards. Pretty good honesty from Morris here r.e. Bolton/Kozzie trades

Love that from Tom.

Because Kozzie isn’t an out and out gun either.

Puts our three firsts right in the realm of being sufficient and keeping our 2025 first intact for #chadlocked

Last edited:
Is Tom Morris Dee supporter? His talk about Kosi felt bit vague and more optimistic than something with solid evidence.he mentioned problems in dee camp in relation to Kossi's request, and also used the term family card but didn't mention the new baby which is a different situation from previous years.And felt like he is undervaluing shai bolton price making sure fremantle got enough assets to arrange for Kossi if he holds strong to leave and fremantle and he reach to agreement?

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app
It can sometimes be about timing and stars aligning. Like Neale's aborted (poor choice of words?) move back to Freo a season or two back. We weren't really in a position then, but we're much better equipped now to offer something juicy.

Top of list of Christian Petracca grievances is 'the clubs refusal to deal with the Clayton Oliver situation'. (From todays The Age article here; https://archive.md/X3sgl )

I don't understand exactly what the Oliver situation is. (I thought I read it was gambling related and that Simon Goodwin also has a gambling problem?) but it is obvious that there is a big problem festering in that team.

If the wholesome Petracca feels it is so rotten that he has to leave, then surely that is the trigger for other players, who have previously expressed a desire to go home, to choose out, too.

The time is now. I hope Kossi heads west within the next few weeks to look at our facilities and meet the boys.

Love that from Tom.

Because Kozzie isn’t an out and out gun either.

Puts our three firsts right in the realm of being sufficient and keeping our 2025 first intact for #chadlocked

Actually nothing would please me more than getting Bolton done for 9 and 27 on the first day. Then having 10 and 17 on the table for the whole trade period, Walls with his feet up on the table and a Bush Chook resting on the guts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man, like Pickett can't just reach out and see if Freo will trade for him then not really commit. Like, what are they playing at if this is supposedly a thing every year...
If he does it every year, but it's only become noisy this year then this points to Melbourne entertaining it.

We must stay strong and continue to huff copium.

I love to procrastinate with trade speculations. Rioli and Bolton involved in a 3 way. I had a go at this earlier. GC will give up 6 BUT on the provision they get 9, which we hold. Still get ahead of a Lombard bid.

So here goes:

GC out 6, 13, 20 in Rioli, 9, 29 and bunch of later picks for points. Values Rioli ~ 6 but better than giving 6 direct + I’m not accounting for the later picks, which will hold value.

Freo out 9, 10, 27 in Bolton, 20 + 2025 later round upgrades in our favour. Values Bolton ~ 2 + I’m not accounting for the later picks, which will hold value. There will be a salary component in giving up 9 + 10, which is why we’ll part with 9 + 10.

Richmond out Rioli, Bolton, 20, 29 in 6, 10, 13

All sort of pick exchanges, swaps and upgrades. GC favour 2024. Our favour 2025.

This will leave us with ~17, 20(last pick of first round) + F1.

We will then need to get to work to use these 3 late firsts to get Pickett.

I know the obvious is 9 and F1 for Bolton and whatever then 10 and ~ 17 for Pickett but it never works out as easy as it looks.

One thing we definitely have is enough picks to be flexible with our deals.

Man, like Pickett can't just reach out and see if Freo will trade for him then not really commit. Like, what are they playing at if this is supposedly a thing every year...
I think that "it's an every year thing" is more a deflection and hope thing emanating from MFC. It came about at contract negotiating time mainly.

Anyway, if it is an every year thing, that suggests he's not settled at Melbourne and, he wants to be loyal, but the pull home is strong.

If Pickett makes a subtle request to leave every year, then surely there is some substance to his request(s), which will eventually come to fruition.....time for Melbourne to give up on the charade. Pickett will eventually leave - Freo must seize on the opportunity.

Different scenario, but somewhat similar. I went to the UK for work. After a year I came home, only for 2 weeks then went back. Loved it. Time of my life. Each year I sort of thought, when should I go home. Stayed another 5. At no point was I ‘needing’ to go home, but was just a somewhat regular ‘when’.

Once I decided, I lasted 6 more months and came home.

I don’t think it would be too different.

If Pickett has these regular thoughts, best to just let him go. The whole ‘we’ll support him’ line is literally telling you the best support you can provide is to give him what he wants.

Yeah yeah players have all the power and why sign a contract, we’ll surely the club would’ve said ‘We want to give you 4 years, we’ll support you, but this protects us and should you really need to leave we’ll be looked after and we’ll look after you’ Surely, clubs aren’t holding players to contracts when they play the homesick card.

They don’t have to look too far into the past when this has happened and how it turned out.

Hopefully it’s just respect for the club atm but closer to actual trade week he drops the hammer making it clear as day he wants out.

I think that "it's an every year thing" is more a deflection and hope thing emanating from MFC. It came about at contract negotiating time mainly.

Anyway, if it is an every year thing, that suggests he's not settled at Melbourne and, he wants to be loyal, but the pull home is strong.
I wish I trusted Daniels more, if you take him at face value, he asked Freo if he can get there and it's up to us to see if it can get done. When you remember Freo have been chasing him forever and we are always linked, you'd think that should just need him to force the issue a bit with Melbourne and its a done deal.

I just dont trust RD enough on these things though until we get something really official.

old gregg mighy boosh GIF

this would definitely be how the Eagles proposed trading for Bolton..

There has been a lot of talk about Pickett in the past few days and it hasn’t been shot down by his Manager or Melbourne saying they refuse to trade him.

Based on recent trades, I think the below is fair and on par with what Tom Morris thinks.

Pickett - 9 and future 2nd
Bolton - 10 and 26

Maybe a small sweetener on there, but nothing major.

I don’t get the need to trade 9 and 10 for either. That is such a high trade price. Can anyone show a recent equivalent trade of this price? Some of the suggested trades are above neale or Jeremy Cameron level.

Both players have young kids or soon to be young kids, so a genuine go home reason. Melbourne didn’t agree to a Harrison Petty trade so knows what they will do.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back