Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

if Pickett has often been homesick and sounded out a trade why does that lend itself to the trade not happening more than the other way that some are saying? its clear he doesnt see a long term future in melbourne, new child now and weve clearly got the currency to make a trade happen, or at least a better chance than before.

far too much pessimism a week in to our off season guys come on. its still bolton, picket and warner IN🤞

if Pickett has often been homesick and sounded out a trade why does that lend itself to the trade not happening more than the other way that some are saying? its clear he doesnt see a long term future in melbourne, new child now and weve clearly got the currency to make a trade happen, or at least a better chance than before.

far too much pessimism a week in to our off season guys come on. its still bolton, picket and warner IN🤞
The problem is again, RD, which is why I'll be close to binning him if nothing comes of it. We really have just RD saying specifically he asked Freo about a trade. RD has been shown multiple times to spin information the club wants him to spin.

I havent written it all off yet, there's clearly some level of thinking about leaving but none of this goes anywhere if Pickett isnt actually asking for a trade which raises the question of what was RD talking about?

The problem is again, RD, which is why I'll be close to binning him if nothing comes of it. We really have just RD saying specifically he asked Freo about a trade. RD has been shown multiple times to spin information the club wants him to spin.

I havent written it all off yet, there's clearly some level of thinking about leaving but none of this goes anywhere if Pickett isnt actually asking for a trade which raises the question of what was RD talking about?

Theo in SA also said that Kozzy specifically said Freo if a trade was requested.

Maybe Kozzys agent was just letting Freo know that it might eventuate and for us to be prepared if it did?

Who bloody knows

Yes I’ve noticed RD is always very positive about Jlo. “If I was Freo Jlo would’ve been signed yesterday” shit like that. He is becoming a bit of a mouthpiece lately.

Jake Stringer to Sydney. He sure kicks a lot of goals. Guess they won't really need Chad Warner anymore then. 😎

Pickett is contracted. It's not like he going to extend his contract or get poached by another club in between now and the trade period.

We need to play the long(ish) game and convince him in between now and the trade period that his future is with Freo. If it is something that he has thought about before then we need to entice him of the prospect of playing with Bolton et al and in front of his family and friends.

In the meantime no amount of media reports about him staying at Melbourne (or even leaving for that matter) will be relevant until the trade period is over.

Pickett is contracted. It's not like he going to extend his contract or get poached by another club in between now and the trade period.

We need to play the long(ish) game and convince him in between now and the trade period that his future is with Freo. If it is something that he has thought about before then we need to entice him of the prospect of playing with Bolton et al and in front of his family and friends.

In the meantime no amount of media reports about him staying at Melbourne (or even leaving for that matter) will be relevant until the trade period is over.
He is flakey. His Mrs will have to be our saviour from here. If she says “Kosi we’re going” he’s coming. She’s the one with family links in Perth right?

What would be achieved by the club providing RD with the Pickett info though?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This places attitude certainly flipped pretty quickly following the news...
Don't think we're that high on the agenda at the club snuff.

I know you mean fans in general. But doesn't seem right if there's nothing in it.

They would have been better off confirming a contract.

Agreed, but how does that affect the club positively if it doesn't have legs? It can only affect the club negatively if we don't get him.
Everyone talks about Pickett for a week or so instead of the finals miss. When we miss on Pickett it's because he didn't committ and/or Melbourne wouldn't trade him. It's an easy distraction / sell and missing on a contracted player is a much easier pill to swallow than "lost 4 games in a row to go from top 4 to missing finals'. This is like, media management 101 (if this is what we've done).

I'm not saying there is nothing in the Kozzie stuff or ruling it out, but RD specifically saying Pickett approached us about joining could easily be the club taking advantage of an easy PR distraction.

Don't think we're that high on the agenda at the club snuff.

I know you mean fans in general. But doesn't seem right if there's nothing in it.

They would have been better off confirming a contract.
BF is a microcosm of the general public. The hardcore nuffies on here still reflect the masses for the most part

Last edited:
Agreed, but how does that affect the club positively if it doesn't have legs? It can only affect the club negatively if we don't get him.
I personally would get over a trade not happening easier than not making finals when we should have, this talk helped me get over Freo not making finals fast.

I've been swiddled and dazzled, played for a fiddle one would say.

Everyone talks about Pickett for a week or so instead of the finals miss. When we miss on Pickett it's because he didn't committ and/or Melbourne wouldn't trade him. It's an easy distraction / sell and missing on a contracted player is a much easier pill to swallow than "lost 4 games in a row to go from top 4 to missing finals'. This is like, media management 101 (if this is what we've done).

I'm not saying there is nothing in the Kozzie stuff or ruling it out, but RD specifically saying Pickett approached us about joining could easily be the club tskong advantage of an easy PR distraction.

BF is a microcosm of the general public. The hardcore nuffies on here still reflect the masses for the most part
That's Mr Hardcore Nuffie thank you.

Sam Elliott Hello GIF by GritTV

I'm not saying there is nothing in the Kozzie stuff or ruling it out, but RD specifically saying Pickett approached us about joining could easily be the club tskong advantage of an easy PR distraction.

Yeah, I get it.

But if was just a PR exercise, that's some risk to take to calm the masses.

Yeah, I get it.

But if was just a PR exercise, that's some risk to take to calm the masses.

Not to mention that it started in Melbourne and SA and makes the Demons look bad to their supporters while they are already suffering Petracca news.

Has anyone seen Rosas play at all?

1.7 goals for the Gold Coast, looks decent enough. Why are they pushing him out? Weaknesses in his game?

View attachment 2098838
Maybe a combination of factors.

Gold Coast need to create list spots. Talk he's not the hardest worker off-field (all rumour and innuendo).

Could just be Hardwick not liking him. Seemed hell bent on Chol not being in his team at 2x clubs, and he goes alright.

Think Adelaide most likely. Think most clubs have reached out though.

Yeah I think that is a long bow - particularly given that we already know Bolton is likely to come.

That's very cynical. But actually, Dockeroo called this out in another thread, and I agree with both of you. I think that's PRECISELY what has played out here; I don't feel any 'Kossie to Freo' vibes given the flakiness of it and the fact the AFL has to keep the coffers going whilst teams have blundered their finals chances. You watch it ramp it up when the GF is over, nothing like juicy trade rumours to keep the footy-masses happy with the long summer wait for pre-season to start. It's a business folks, and it's a big one at that ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back