• Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Martin is pretty crap isn't he?

No, he's just too fragile and too injured. He is the reason Carlton got so deep in finals. Quality and class player, just isn't fit enough long enough. At least not yet.

If we get him for free and for cheap salary he would be worth a risk.

No, he's just too fragile and too injured. He is the reason Carlton got so deep in finals. Quality and class player, just isn't fit enough long enough. At least not yet.

If we get him for free and for cheap salary he would be worth a risk.
The Kings Park pre-season runs will sort his hamstrings out.

I'd rather not throw him a lifeline when he chose to get swindled by Carlton over returning to WA before. Has averaged 9 games played in the last 4 seasons, hope he had fun.
By hope there is clearly given the state of the soft tissue injuries they've had, is that there fitness guy was past his use by date. We dont need Martin to be best 22 but he's actual handy best 30 if not injured. We can take a free bet to get a few years out of him

If Martin is free on a 1 year deal I think that’s fine.

Any more news regarding Bolton? Bit silent lately.
Silence is good in this case.

That Adam Cerra has posterior chain issues ALL season after barely if ever having an issue in 76 games at Freo, even playing near full years at Carlton prior to this one, makes me think their injury management might be similar to Gold Coast's

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watch Carlton try and argue Martin is an unrestricted free agent if we offer him two years with a trigger for a third.

5th round pick trade.

Don’t think he qualifies as a previously delisted free agent tbh.

When he was ‘delisted’ from Gold Coast he was so because he wouldn’t sign a deal. He had to go through the pre season draft to get to Carlton for that reason.

Surely the AFL can’t bend the rules that are reasonably clear.

Hopefully the Martin things just a pitch to help get Kozzie over. He said he wanted to player with more indigenous team mates didn’t he?

Also think that chat 100% ramps up again prelim week and he will be asking for a trade as soon as he’s able to

Don’t think he qualifies as a previously delisted free agent tbh.

When he was ‘delisted’ from Gold Coast he was so because he wouldn’t sign a deal. He had to go through the pre season draft to get to Carlton for that reason.

Surely the AFL can’t bend the rules that are reasonably clear.

He delisted himself, but they will ask. Definitely doesn't count as a delisted free agent

Jesus Jon Ralph is gone full Richmond trade talk nuffie on Twitter.
Split Pick 3 for Liam baker.
Has he got rocks in his head?

We can have Martin or Winder but not both I think.

Having seen Winder play for Souths it's hard to be convinced he is anything but an extremely long shot to be of much value on our list. He is a very good WAFL player however.

That Adam Cerra has posterior chain issues ALL season after barely if ever having an issue in 76 games at Freo, even playing near full years at Carlton prior to this one, makes me think their injury management might be similar to Gold Coast's
The same Carlton who is playing a bloke who's had 3 knee recons afters 6 months?

Yeah there's something wrong with their fitness team to even consider that. I really hope he's ok but I'd say he's odds on to retear his ACL this weekend or in the preseason.

I think it's worth a shot backing our medicos to get more out of Jack Martin than Carlton or Gold Coast's

I can’t believe people are in here acting like Martin to Freo is a good thing. This is a bloke who’s 30, hasn’t played a full season since 2017 due to injuries (across 2 clubs before people blame strength and conditioning teams), and even when he does get on the park has never lived up to the pick 1 status.

I know our forward line is dismal but surely we aren’t that desperate. I don’t care if he’s free, he’s a waste of a list spot. We have the best draft hand in years to trade in some serious talent and we are settling for scraps again?

Seems very odd that we’re doing a medical with him now. Carlton playing finals. Also if we were to select him you’d expect it to be as a Delisted Free agent or similar to Sharp SSP. Both type of selections are miles off the necessity to do a medical while his team is still playing finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back