Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I just hope if we get Martin we treat him like a depth player and he doesn't occupy a spot regardless of form like a few senior players have this season.
We look likely to have the most AFL experience of any WAFL team in history next year if Aish, Martin, Walters, Banfield, Fyfe and O'Meara are all not guaranteed a spot at AFL level. It could be a good thing.

I only watched about half of his games at Peel so I could be wrong but I thought after he came back from his injury his disposal had improved a ton in terms of his long kicking and good hands in close in both his Peel games and his 5 quarters of afl football.
It was the best I've ever seen him play at Peel

He has honestly looked miles off it at that level in previous years but then somehow looked a genuine player at AFL level in 2022

He got back in the team because honestly, he was banging the door down, kicking goals and racking up touches

If Bolton is in the bag, and we’ve told Martin to request a trade to us, does that mean we aren’t pursuing Pickett? Surely we aren’t bringing in 3 small forwards in one off season?
Its a major list weakness and Sonny only has a year left, this is exactly what we should bed doing

If Pickett doesn't come I won't be surprised if we pick Berry

If Bolton is in the bag, and we’ve told Martin to request a trade to us, does that mean we aren’t pursuing Pickett? Surely we aren’t bringing in 3 small forwards in one off season?
Coaching stuff have worked out our smalls aren’t up to it maybe. They are definitely more talentless compared to our up and coming talls.

Never thought I’d say this but we don’t have the worst medicos anymore in the AFL. We’ll get him up n going, but he’ll have some competition if we’re bringing in Bolton and Garcia.

The botched handling of the Pearce and Darcy injuries suggest otherwise

Combine that with how many years it took to get Fyfe back to being able to play a full season

I’m fine with Martin. Actually believe he’s pretty silky when fit. Would be Carlton’s best 22 if not injured. Will cost nothing and might be a valuable (and cheap) pick up similar to Sharp. Will give us 2 years till we go after Pickett and/or Motlop.

At least for once we weren’t the ones who paid $4m for him when he left Gold Coast. Would essentially been on Jackson’s wage in today’s value.

I’m fine with Martin. Actually believe he’s pretty silky when fit. Would be Carlton’s best 22 if not injured. Will cost nothing and might be a valuable (and cheap) pick up similar to Sharp. Will give us 2 years till we go after Pickett and/or Motlop.

At least for once we weren’t the ones who paid $4m for him when he left Gold Coast. Would essentially been on Jackson’s wage in today’s value.
Haha Please never mention Motlop and Pickett in the same breath again.
Unless you are talking about marlion Pickett. And he’s still more use than Motlop

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem with Martin will be the same as OMeara. Players with an injury history but big wraps on them so we act like we owe them a spot in the 23 and play them each week regardless of form. Its like we get enchanted by their potential of 5 years ago!

Martin is unlikely to come on a 1 year, minimum wage ‘prove it’ deal. We will do something stupid and be offering 3 years, or 2 with a trigger. What ever we pay it will be way overs for what we get in return.

The only scenario I’m okay with Martin coming in is strictly as depth for Bolton and Pickett, not for one or the other.

Whilst I don’t expect the club to bring in 3 small forwards in the same off-season, I don’t think it’s entirely unrealistic either. With Schultz gone, Switta rumoured to leave, Walters soon to retire, and no guarantee on Emmett, Simpson or Delean, it’s a clear area on our list that we need to improve ASAP.

That was the coach overriding the medicos. That was a selection issue 💯, nothing to do with the strength/conditioning/rehab.

All on Jlo there.
I call Bullshit. In hindsight, Pearce shouldn’t have had a plate inserted but do you think Jlo is the one telling surgeons to just do it?

If he goes the tradition heal without the plate, he’s out for the year anyway.

Really? We're you in those meetings when J Lo over rode the docs?
It’s pretty obvious he was rushed back. Darcy wasn’t fit enough too and was played v Essendon as he didn’t want to back in Reidy. Eg; Tabs was played v Geelong week after too before bringing in an unknown Reidy.

He 💯 played these against medical advice. He would’ve got the green light from the players but at the end of the day the medicos should’ve held their own and said no.

I just hope if we get Martin we treat him like a depth player and he doesn't occupy a spot regardless of form like a few senior players have this season.
He certainly looks better than Emmet

Getting Bennel vibes though ( maybe not the off field stuff )

It is an area of need so I can see why they are rolling the dice and probably won’t cost much
Probably keeps Copper Simpson in the WAFL for another year or 2 though

Maybe the first few times he plays they’ll forget he’s Freo and give him Carlton credits

It’s pretty obvious he was rushed back. Darcy wasn’t fit enough too and was played v Essendon as he didn’t want to back in Reidy. Eg; Tabs was played v Geelong week after too before bringing in an unknown Reidy.

He 💯 played these against medical advice. He would’ve got the green light from the players but at the end of the day the medicos should’ve held their own and said no.
Yeah this just doesn't happen. If a player is selected it means the medical team has ticked it off. Not being at 100% does not mean they're medically unfit to play.

It's the coach who's deciding if a 70% Darcy is better than a 100% Reid, but he's not overruling medical advice.

But full credit goes to our strength and conditioning team. So much improvement compared to the Ross Lyon days ( Webber was his name right?)

Getting OMac back for a couple of Peel games, Cox albeit not great form, Noddy up and running 2nd half of the year. Tabs body is cooked and they’ve managed to keep him moving.

That Merriman has worked wonders. Everybody knew Pearce shouldn’t of been brought back so quickly..just horrendous by Jlo and the selectors.

Yeah this just doesn't happen. If a player is selected it means the medical team has ticked it off. Not being at 100% does not mean they're medically unfit to play.

It's the coach who's deciding if a 70% Darcy is better than a 100% Reid, but he's not overruling medical advice.
How about Petracca? Going back out there in his conditioning.

But full credit goes to our strength and conditioning team. So much improvement compared to the Ross Lyon days ( Webber was his name right?)

Getting OMac back for a couple of Peel games, Cox albeit not great form, Noddy up and running 2nd half of the year. Tabs body is cooked and they’ve managed to keep him moving.

That Merriman has worked wonders. Everybody knew Pearce shouldn’t have been brought back so quickly..just horrendous by Jlo and the selectors.
There’s no doubt the medical team would have said he can play but there a risks.

It happens at all teams at any level often, you just have an agenda.

I hope freo offers pick #150 for Martin and walks away so Carlton end up taking nothing for him, delist him because he has no contract offer, and then we SSP him into the rookie list like Sharp.

Gold Coast look at our move and feel a sense of justice completing the circle and give us a pick to take Rosas contracted.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back