• Chad Warner

Votes: 168 67.7%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 14 5.6%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 9 3.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

WC has something upwards of sixty million they need managed to varying degrees and opportunities explored. They could pay players to present Indian Pacific Ltd in meetings and lobbying for investment opportunities and sponsorship junkets.
They could engage them to 'manage' an investment portfolio in conjunction with the club's own accountants, who would be doing the hands on work.

The Reid Investment Account could manage a portion of his salary and also be open to investment by WC members, with Reid receiving a recruitment fee

They could engage them to 'manage' an investment portfolio in conjunction with the club's own accountants, who would be doing the hands on work.

The Reid Investment Account could manage a portion of his salary and also be open to investment by WC members, with Reid receiving a recruitment fee

And the fund can buy Hungry Jacks locations via a trust in which the player is a named beneficiary, and after a period of time the fund votes with the player to remove the fund from the arrangement and the player is left holding the sole voting rights of the trust that owns the Hungry Jack's.

Or something...

We might need a budget forward pocket option if no superstar emerges from trades. Looking very thin there at the moment.

Looking through players coming out of contract, how about Maurice Rioli?
I know ratings are a garbage measure but I saw a video on 2023's six worst rated players. He featured - I think four West Coast players also featured so I rate the ratings all of a sudden.

Nope. Collingwood have the toughest run home, they're nowhere near a guarantee for playing finals. Compare them to GC who have an armchair ride to finals. There's a strong case GC come in for Pies.

This conversation is a few days too early anyway. The result of Friday night's game is massive.
Reckon they'll easily make top 4 personally

Nope. Collingwood have the toughest run home, they're nowhere near a guarantee for playing finals. Compare them to GC who have an armchair ride to finals. There's a strong case GC come in for Pies.

This conversation is a few days too early anyway. The result of Friday night's game is massive.

Gold Coast will still **** it up - Just watch.

Gold Coast will still **** it up - Just watch.
I know North is better than they were early in the season, but I am actually more confident in the Suns this week than I am the Bombers. The mental fragility is back and once that sets in its game over.

Suns ran the Saints close in Melbourne recently and they are marginally better than North.

I would love if Carlton traded their first out for points and we bid early on the camporeales around pick 8-10. Would be a great bit of revenge.

Only if we are legit interested in them. I get wanting to spite Carlton but you run the risk of wasting a top pick on a player you don't want if they choose not to match.

Only if we are legit interested in them. I get wanting to spite Carlton but you run the risk of wasting a top pick on a player you don't want if they choose not to match.
Yeah, it could be high risk, especially as they have already loaded up on others teams 4th round picks to match bids only to have the AFL declare they are going to revamp the points system this year thus rendering those picks useless. You wouldn’t want to go too early, pick in the mid to late teens would be pretty confident they match though.

I know North is better than they were early in the season, but I am actually more confident in the Suns this week than I am the Bombers. The mental fragility is back and once that sets in its game over.

Suns ran the Saints close in Melbourne recently and they are marginally better than North.

Maybe not this week but they’ll find a way to miss the eight. They’re Gold Coast - enough said.

The only thing better than Carlton paying more would be them passing on one twin and keeping the other. Watch one develop at Freo while the other one is crap.

It probably won’t stop him still leaving but Carlton will have no leverage while contending anyway so will have to pay top dollar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe not this week but they’ll find a way to miss the eight. They’re Gold Coast - enough said.

I actually want Gold Coast to make the 8 over the other teams around that mark, I would prefer to play them in a final rather than say Collingwood or Port (assuming we're also making the 8)

I'd rather Freo use their draft hand on best available and addressing positional needs this draft instead of moving into next draft at the possibility of getting Chad Warner.

With the new draft rules coming in next year I still think they can lure Chad over to Freo.

This draft could really set up our next decade. Especially if Walls believes either Berry or Kako who are both gettable will become the dangerous small forward that we need.

So gettable saying we are interested in Jack Martin. Its such a ehhhh pick up

Experienced depth in a position we're light in.
Would be cheap in both salary and trade.
Struggles with injuries and consistency, would back our team if they think they can make him work.

if it's a split between Martin/Walters/Simpson for the year, until something better comes along, not bad.

Worst, he comes over and plays WAFL because others make a leap.

Martin isn't really a small forward. He's a lead up forward who is good overhead, similar to Sturt. You'd have both Banfield and Sturt well ahead of him, even if Martin could stay on the field (which he can't).

Hard pass unless he's delisted, we miraculously have a spare list spot and can pick him up for free.

Back