• Chad Warner

Votes: 187 66.5%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 14 5.0%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 23 8.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This is perfectly reasonable, and hard to disagree with but... I really want that massive dopamine hit.
The only dopamine hit I want is a flag. I am not sure anything else will get close to it. Maybe getting to the grand final would be close.

I can't see how we can get Bolton and Warner, and with Warner looking likely I would avoid Bolton.

Firstly the Eagles have never been bad for a whole generation so at best it is likely they are down another 4-5 years then will be on the rise. So the time for us to act is now, we have got a big crop of 24 and unders that are very good, need to top up with a couple of free agents/trades to either add to the talented U24's we have or ones that sit in the 25-28 age group. If you look at a team like the Cats they hardly ever bottom out or go hard at the draft but supplement what they need through free agents and trades.
Their list demographics don't align with your analysis. 4-5 years is their best case, not their worst case.

Reading between the lines of what the journos have been saying ... Bolton approached Freo, but we said we would not be able to take on his salary, so he's had to accept he stays at Richmond. If Bolton's deal is truly going into the 1.3 million territory as reported, there's no way we can afford that with our young guns and needing room for Warner (who would be a priority over Bolton).
That’s interesting, last I heard he was still confident

Say the Tiges let Bolton go, ending up with say pick 8 & 14

Eagles should be ruthless and Ask for Pick 1, 8, 14 for Messiah Harley.

Go into this draft with picks 1, 2, 8 & 14. Set themselves up.

Rarely a generational player is the difference. Judd couldn't get the Blues a flag, but Judd, Kerr & Cousins did.

(Not saying the tiges are silly enough to do that, but someone might be. Roos pick 3, F1 & Logue?).

You'd have to look at it.

That’s interesting, last I heard he was still confident
May very well be a case of "we'll look at it next year, unless Warner is not an option, then we can revisit late in trade period."

Priorities would be
1. Warner

2. Bolton

3. Baker
4. Draft & Future
5. Other options (Collard, Garcia, Richards, Motlop).

Could we be looking at Ben Ainsworth?
Fits the profile, hard worker. Restricted Free Agent.

No one has sight on what's happening. Maybe a bit of sleight of hand going on?

Could we be looking at Ben Ainsworth?
Fits the profile, hard worker. Restricted Free Agent.

No one has sight on what's happening. Maybe a bit of sleight of hand going on?
I don't think Ainsworth makes sense. He's a high half forward and I don't think he's an obvious upgrade on either Freddy or Switta.

I don't think Ainsworth makes sense. He's a high half forward and I don't think he's an obvious upgrade on either Freddy or Switta.
Fair.

Haven't seen enough, and he gets talked about as a small. Just know he works hard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At this point if Warner isn't gettable, we need to just keep our draft picks and focus on re-signing guys so we can keep the list together.

He is only not gettable if Sydney flat-out refuse to deal him inside of a contract.

If he wants to come home, he will ask for it to happen now, Sydney will likely refuse that request and he will have to wait.

Pending who his manager is, if we ask for a deal and it gets rejected, we will likely not hear about it.

I don't see the appeal of Bolton, sure he can put together some elite performances here and there but he's too inconsistent to throw all our chips at.
Not for 2 first rounders and paying him a Million+ a year. You pay that for gun mids who perform at a high level every week or elite key forwards.

1. Always expected next year anyway.
2. Interesting. wakojako was it you that had ight on this one? Any updates? Not concerned either way tbh, but may indicate a change in direction somewhere. (Us or Bakes)
3. lol

View attachment 2044325
Nah just to clarify, your original draft summary table with the percentages had Freo and Richmond close together with Eagles favoured to land him. My sources said that he was no chance of staying in Vic and has been negotiating with Freo which is why I said 50/50. If I may make an educated guess, I think he is using Freo to bump up his contract offer at West Coast. That would explain why he was deep in negotiations with Freo.

Nah just to clarify, your original draft summary table with the percentages had Freo and Richmond close together with Eagles favoured to land him. My sources said that he was no chance of staying in Vic and has been negotiating with Freo which is why I said 50/50. If I may make an educated guess, I think he is using Freo to bump up his contract offer at West Coast. That would explain why he was deep in negotiations with Freo.
Yeah, that makes sense.

Given they've re-signed Yeo to 3 years, and feel that the list was underperforming under Simpson, the hubris could still be real.

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back