• Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, that makes sense.

Given they've re-signed Yeo to 3 years, and feel that the list was underperforming under Simpson, the hubris could still be real.
Season 3 Smiling GIF by The Simpsons

Their list demographics don't align with your analysis. 4-5 years is their best case, not their worst case.

I agree to an extent, mainly because they haven’t started the real chopping yet.

They’ve got a lot of rubbish on that list coupled with ageing elite players. Who will all need replacing in the next 2-4 years.
Kelly, Cripps, Fatty and Barrass.
They need draft picks, and a shitload of them.
We started being shit in 2016 and started the clean out on 2017, bringing in Andy and Cerra etc.

We are only just getting there 7 years later…unfortunately they have got rid of that clown O’Brien who could reach into a bag of fannies and come up with a dick.

I agree to an extent, mainly because they haven’t started the real chopping yet.

They’ve got a lot of rubbish on that list coupled with ageing elite players. Who will all need replacing in the next 2-4 years.
Kelly, Cripps, Fatty and Barrass.
They need draft picks, and a shitload of them.
We started being shit in 2016 and started the clean out on 2017, bringing in Andy and Cerra etc.

We are only just getting there 7 years later…unfortunately they have got rid of that clown O’Brien who could reach into a bag of fannies and come up with a dick.
I can see a world where they could bounce to a finals appearance next year if everyone is 100% fit and the coach is a genius. Feels like a 30-1 type chance though.

But you're right, the majority of players on the list won't be there in 5 years because they are either old or ****. Reckon they have to turn over at least 30 before they play serious finals again, and probably closer to 35.

From our 2017 draft onwards, I think only Darcy, Fyfe, Andy, Ryan, Hughes, Walters, Tabs, Pearce, Banners and Cox remain meaning the other ~34 are gone.

If no attractive trade target comes up ....we get to be the deal maker.

If we have picks - 12, 13, 15 & 25 .......nice hand but we're not after 4 kids.

When teams get into these crazy stand offs or there is a prime South Aussie that a Port or Crows want to push ahead ...we can provide the draft capital at a cost of leveraging future picks.

Up the order in 2025 helps if we can convince a Warner or worst case scenario get a top 10 pick.

There's actually little pressure on us if no big fish is there, we just need to use this draft capital.

When teams get into these crazy stand offs or there is a prime South Aussie that a Port or Crows want to push ahead ...we can provide the draft capital at a cost of leveraging future picks.

Up the order in 2025 helps if we can convince a Warner or worst case scenario get a top 10 pick.

There's actually little pressure on us if no big fish is there, we just need to use this draft capital.

GTFO with your 12 and 13.

7 and 11 thanks

I’m looking at west Coasts list at the moment and their single first round pick, and thinking how I would fix that bag of vomit in a quick fashion with **** all to work with
Hey Siri

Show me midfielders in the draft who can run and hit the side of a barn.

I’m looking at west Coasts list at the moment and their single first round pick, and thinking how I would fix that bag of vomit in a quick fashion with **** all to work with

Even basic stuff…they don’t have any quality key backs apart from the two that are playing and they’re both 30 years old plus. We have 5 on the list two of whom are new kids who have now played AFL footy

They have Reid, maybe Hewett, and two 30 year olds midfield one of whom is 50/50 to play enough games to help out.

They’re desperate for mids, and wingers and will need to spend currency on key backs too.

They’re in a world of hurt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even basic stuff…they don’t have any quality key backs apart from the two that are playing and they’re both 30 years old plus. We have 5 on the list two of whom are new kids who have now played AFL footy

They have Reid, maybe Hewett, and two 30 year olds midfield one of whom is 50/50 to play enough games to help out.

They’re desperate for mids, and wingers and will need to spend currency on key backs too.

They’re in a world of hurt
Honestly with the hype Reid has surely the best thing for them would be to dangle him to Melbourne for 2 of jvr tholstrum rivers and first round picks and I bet Melbourne would be dumb enough to do that aswell

We do fine when we're not making the play, would back Wallsy to extract great value if we trade forward or allow clubs to trade up or down.

Beyond any obvious names, there are some players on our list I have question marks over, especially if we do keep the picks. The following are actually all players I would be happy to keep on the list, but also open to moving on:
  • Worner. Seems ok depth but never going to be best 22.
  • Stanley. Seems to have plateaued, partly due to injuries, but eventually make or break time comes around. Very interested in his performance for the rest of the year.
  • NOD. Along with the 2 above, questions are emerging.
  • Brodie. We seem to have no intention of playing him.
  • Reidy. Same as Brodie, and I'd keep the sky clear for Knobel, including at Peel.
  • Murphy. I have question marks about Murphy following the successful debuts of Davies and Draper. If he is showing any indication of not being long term committed he could be a sweetener in a trade situation.
  • Erasmus. I'm still optimistic about his prospects but his pathway is cloudy as it becomes clearer that he lacks a second position. IF Warner is coming his fit in the best 22 becomes more questionable. If he can help us get a piece that better fits our needs, I would have that conversation with him.

Inside trading says that clubs are looking to trade einto the top 30 with future picks

Reckon we have a good chance to turn saints 2nd and a f2 into another future 1st

Really don’t mind this idea if we only want to use three selections. If this years draft really is rated that much higher than this year’s I’ve got feeling that trade could be overs from our perspective (i.e. we’d need to give up less for a future 1st) but really depends whose first rounder it is - Hopefully someone who overrates themselves.

Really don’t mind this idea if we only want to use three selections. If this years draft really is rated that much higher than this year’s I’ve got feeling that trade could be overs from our perspective (i.e. we’d need to give up less for a future 1st) but really depends whose first rounder it is - Hopefully someone who overrates themselves.
Might be high on the death ride but it definitely seems like the future 1st is not yet properly valued for finals teams. If you have the talent to hold off, it seems you really can make a killing perpetually rolling your worst first round pick into next year because the "hurt" between pick 14 the current year and pick 18 next year is a lot smaller than the gain of 14 to 10.

You really cant lose trading a late first for a first the next year, you can only win.

So I heard the talk we're interested in Jack Martin on Gettable a lil while back.

Not sure if it was mentioned earlier but man I'm not sure he's even worth the spot vs alternatives.

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app

So I heard the talk we're interested in Jack Martin on Gettable a lil while back.

Not sure if it was mentioned earlier but man I'm not sure he's even worth the spot vs alternatives.

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app
He's not. He's always injured and 30+.

This bodes really well for our haul of picks and the value they hold:

Callum Twomey from AFL website:

“CLUBS are expected to try to trade next year's first-round picks into this year's draft as recruiters grow more enamoured with the class of 2024.

Although there is no consensus on pick No.1 in this year's draft pool like Harley Reid last year, the depth of quality in the top 30 picks has clubs considering attempting moves to try to trade into this year's group using their picks in next year's pool.

The ability to trade two years in advance with draft selections, which is expected to be formally added to this year's exchange period in coming weeks, will also give clubs another chip to try and break into the top-end of the 2024 group.”

The only value is if they think he can stop gap if Walters does call time and Delean\Simpson need time.

I still don’t see the value in a stopgap of his standard tbh.

Even though I think we should draft 18 year old small forwards, I don’t think our depth there is so bad we need to add someone like Martin.

There’s no indication Walters is going to retire. He’s a better player and people are complaining about his output. I don’t think the difference between Emmett and Martin is overly massive either tbh.

I’d rather be giving games to said 18 year old or the two you mentioned. Draft a small forward first round and it’s reasonably likely they can play some type of role for us even if it’s only for a few games here and there.

Agreed, keep the bait out there and let them come to us. The longer they wait, the higher the price, especially on draft night if they've got someone on their board they're looking to jump up to grab. No need to panic and flinch unless their is a genuine opportunity for that big fish to land in our boat this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back