Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Who looked more excited when we drafted them. Cerra or Ollie Murphy?
Reckon Cerra did a better job at trying to hide it. Still really obvious but I feel like Murphy put his foot right in it with the interview.
This bodes really well for our haul of picks and the value they hold:

Callum Twomey from AFL website:

“CLUBS are expected to try to trade next year's first-round picks into this year's draft as recruiters grow more enamoured with the class of 2024.

Although there is no consensus on pick No.1 in this year's draft pool like Harley Reid last year, the depth of quality in the top 30 picks has clubs considering attempting moves to try to trade into this year's group using their picks in next year's pool.

The ability to trade two years in advance with draft selections, which is expected to be formally added to this year's exchange period in coming weeks, will also give clubs another chip to try and break into the top-end of the 2024 group.”
We should be able to cash in big time if this is true. Somebody will do something stupid to get a pick.

On the Brodie topic, I believe that the reason he's not getting a game is because there's simply no opportunity. We've had a great run with injuries with our mids this year. This will 100% change at some point and to have Brodie come in will be a godsend. If he wants to leave for more starting opportunity then we should facilitate that but having him in our backpocket may very well be what enables this team to keep its momentum towards winning a flag. This year or next.

On the Brodie topic, I believe that the reason he's not getting a game is because there's simply no opportunity. We've had a great run with injuries with our mids this year. This will 100% change at some point and to have Brodie come in will be a godsend. If he wants to leave for more starting opportunity then we should facilitate that but having him in our backpocket may very well be what enables this team to keep its momentum towards winning a flag. This year or next.

He hasn’t been an emergency since round four, whilst Erasmus who plays pretty much the same role is listed as an emergency pretty much every week.

All times Brodie has been listed as an emergency this year, Erasmus has been in the team.

He’s at least behind Erasmus and JL hasn’t hesitated to throw the magnets around a little bit to fit the best available players into the side. An in form NOD could push Brodie further back as it means moving Johnson or JOM inside to cover becomes a real option.

Brodie is miles back imo.

He hasn’t been an emergency since round four, whilst Erasmus who plays pretty much the same role is listed as an emergency pretty much every week.

All times Brodie has been listed as an emergency this year, Erasmus has been in the team.

He’s at least behind Erasmus and JL hasn’t hesitated to throw the magnets around a little bit to fit the best available players into the side. An in form NOD could push Brodie further back as it means moving Johnson or JOM inside to cover becomes a real option.

Brodie is miles back imo.
Yep, if he has a suitor he should take it.

I think Ralph is alone on peddling the Tigers POV on Bolton for what it's worth. That's still worth tracking to see if anything comes of it this year.

Still of the mind that if Warner is a no this year, we quickly shift to Bolton.

I still don’t see the value in a stopgap of his standard tbh.

Even though I think we should draft 18 year old small forwards, I don’t think our depth there is so bad we need to add someone like Martin.

There’s no indication Walters is going to retire. He’s a better player and people are complaining about his output. I don’t think the difference between Emmett and Martin is overly massive either tbh.

I’d rather be giving games to said 18 year old or the two you mentioned. Draft a small forward first round and it’s reasonably likely they can play some type of role for us even if it’s only for a few games here and there.
Yepz, I agree and would even rather play the extra mid or taller choice over bringing him in.

I think Ralph is alone on peddling the Tigers POV on Bolton for what it's worth. That's still worth tracking to see if anything comes of it this year.

Eddie saying WA clubs knocked it, no we bloody didn't

Ralph seems to be the only one knocking the Bolton trade on the head, all our journos are saying its open and Freo never denied anything

True. True. He could potentially 'Bradbury' his way to being a premiership player in that scenario.

Still of the mind that if Warner is a no this year, we quickly shift to Bolton.
Such a position of power with the picks we have and how seemingly anything in the top 20 is seen as pretty good this year.

Would be very fun for Walls and co. I wouldn't contact Richmond at all, see if they rang us and if not, no biggie, save em for next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such a position of power with the picks we have and how seemingly anything in the top 20 is seen as pretty good this year.

Would be very fun for Walls and co. I wouldn't contact Richmond at all, see if they rang us and if not, no biggie, save em for next year.
Jim Carrey Comedy GIF by PermissionIO

Walls during trade period!

Sure. We also have a late pick and we’d have Bolton so…
Or we just hold the first and take that

Next year at a minimum we will have a first rounder, a 2nd rounder and a future 1st to trade for Warner, which will be enough if he is OOC

We will also have a 2027 first rounder to trade when they AFL confirms that rule change.

Basically no point trading a 1st out unless its for list spaces.

This bodes really well for our haul of picks and the value they hold:

Callum Twomey from AFL website:

“CLUBS are expected to try to trade next year's first-round picks into this year's draft as recruiters grow more enamoured with the class of 2024.

Although there is no consensus on pick No.1 in this year's draft pool like Harley Reid last year, the depth of quality in the top 30 picks has clubs considering attempting moves to try to trade into this year's group using their picks in next year's pool.

The ability to trade two years in advance with draft selections, which is expected to be formally added to this year's exchange period in coming weeks, will also give clubs another chip to try and break into the top-end of the 2024 group.”
I haven't been looking really close at the draft threads, but from what I have seen our picks could see us getting a dream haul of the best outside mid, the best small forward and the best running half back.

Ok, maybe not the best, but top liners.

One thing worth noting for all the Draft WA talent enthusiasts on here.
In 2022 west coast did just that. Held pick 3 and could have taken Sheezel or Wardlaw. Instead they trade the pick out to get in Reuben Ginbey and Elijah Hewitt at 8 and 12 I think it was. Everyone said “ooh that’s smart.. two elite talents instead of one… fast track the rebuild. Etc

Right now that trade looks hideous. Ginbey looks like a C grade Plodder and Hewitt can’t get on the park. Granted they are still young and Hewitt in particular should still become something but my goodness me - I wouldn’t be swapping either of Sheezel or Wardlaw for those two guys now. Both of them are projecting as A grade, multiple AA level players in future.

Statistically speaking the best players are likely to be from Victoria most years. Thankfully Walls realised that a long time ago.

Talk around the time WC traded that pick #2 was that the Victorian lads available at the second live pick (Sheezel/Wardlaw) were flight risks. So they split the pick and took both local mids.

Watching Sheezel request a trade home this very off season would be a double kick in the beans.

Talk around the time WC traded that pick #2 was that the Victorian lads available at the second live pick (Sheezel/Wardlaw) were flight risks. So they split the pick and took both local mids.

Watching Sheezel request a trade home this very off season would be a double kick in the beans.
They are contracted for 3 years when drafted but even if they did
Sheezel would command more now than he was drafted

As a Richmond supporter i would happily cough up #1 ++ for Sheezel today

They are contracted for 3 years when drafted but even if they did
Sheezel would command more now than he was drafted

As a Richmond supporter i would happily cough up #1 ++ for Sheezel today

He might be worth more but that would be 2 years of development lost when trying to rebuild the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back