• Chad Warner

Votes: 195 59.3%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 64 19.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

How many list changes do you think their will be?
Banfield
Wagner
Hughes
Corbett
Emmett
Taberner
Knobel
Sturt
All out of contract on the prime list who gets new deals?

+
Nathan O'Driscoll
Liam Reidy
Sebit Kuek

Banfield, Sturt as the priority. I would definitely offer Reidy a contract.

Hughes, Corbett, Taberner are gone. Knobel is probably gone as well.

Wagner, Emmett, O'Driscoll and Kuek are all in danger. If finds some form like he has the last week or two, then he will probably get a contract.

I would prefer Winder over the other 3. Any of them could get moved to the rookie list to make spots on the main list.

+
Nathan O'Driscoll
Liam Reidy
Sebit Kuek

Banfield, Sturt as the priority. I would definitely offer Reidy a contract.

Hughes, Corbett, Taberner are gone. Knobel is probably gone as well.

Wagner, Emmett, O'Driscoll and Kuek are all in danger. If finds some form like he has the last week or two, then he will probably get a contract.

I would prefer Winder over the other 3. Any of them could get moved to the rookie list to make spots on the main list.
Liam Reidy
Sebit Kuek

are on rookie list

missed O'Driscoll wouldnt surprise me if he goes.
if freo go to draft think winger would be high on list

I'd be annoyed if we delisted Stanley. I like what I have seen from him but he always needed a couple of pre-seasons to build a tank. All he had before we took him was an ammos pre-season (IIRC) so he is coming from a long way back.

Do we keep Knobel and Reidy?

I don't think Reidy is going to stay on our list if he isn't ready to play this year when Darcy was out. Knobel with another year developing going into 2025 should overtake him.

Out of Knobel and Reidy, surely Knobel (3 years) is the keeper. Reidy was passed over several times this year.

Hoping Kuek does enough to get another year, and Voss gets 3 on the cheap.

Banfield and Sturt X 2 years

Wagner and NOD X 1.

If we go to the draft the following could excite me:
  • Travaglia. Or another player with great composure and disposal. Moraes another I like, both players potentially through the midfield/wing rotation.
  • Berry. Of course Kako another option, or Champion.
  • Allan. Succession planning for both Fyfe and Ryan here. Of course Erasmus should be the Fyfe replacement, and look forward to seeing him get more opportunity.
  • Gerreyn. I'm thinking a bit of a wild card with the Saints pick. Someone mentioned that we should have 4 rucks on the list, and he looks like a forward/ruck somewhere down the line. Reidy gone this year, Knobel more a first ruck proposition. Gerreyn a more flexible option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think we would pay that much for him though.
Maybe we could get another team involved. I'm thinking Carlton maybe who have father son bids to match.

We trade those picks but get Carlton's first rounder or future first.

Richmond trades away a bunch of second and third rounders to help Carlton match their bids.

Still a very good trade for Richmond but perhaps everyone gets what they want in that scenario.

I don't think Reidy is going to stay on our list if he isn't ready to play this year when Darcy was out. Knobel with another year developing going into 2025 should overtake him.
If Reidy is the best ruck in the WAFL, isn't he the best backup ruck? Why roll the dice on Knobel going past him when we really need someone who can play if both Darcy & Jackson are out. Next year we will want to finish top 4 minimum and challenge for the flag. Not really the time to worry about developing a young backup ruck if Reidy will stay.

If Reidy is the best ruck in the WAFL, isn't he the best backup ruck? Why roll the dice on Knobel going past him when we really need someone who can play if both Darcy & Jackson are out. Next year we will want to finish top 4 minimum and challenge for the flag. Not really the time to worry about developing a young backup ruck if Reidy will stay.

The case for Reidy being good enough to play in place of Darcy or Jackson has to come with the massive caveat that he wasn't there when the opportunity arose as recently as last game - so why would he improve into 2025 to do that?

He's 24, he's not too old to get better and he's clearly better than Knobel at Peel, but that's just this year. If the plan regarding Darcy and Jackson isn't to play the backup ruck then we may as well not carry him and leave the in case of emergencies option to being the rookie developing into potentially an even better player.

We don't need to load up picks for next year to get Warner. He will be out of contract and if he chooses Freo then Sydney just have to take what we have. They lose leverage once he's out of contract. our 2025 1st and our 2026 1st and some other pointless 2nd 3rd rounder swaps get it done.

I agree entirely.

The choice between:

#6, #7 and F1 (#16)

or

#16 and #16

Couldn't be wider.

Eagle talk on x reckon there’s discussions on
Their first and 2nd for our 3 firsts
You'd have to wait until after at least Round 24 to see if this is worth it imo and that goes for both teams.

If two teams make finals I'd suggest you'd be waiting longer until there's proper discussions. Having said that I wouldn't be surprised if both teams have had initial discussions on considering it if the first rounders fall in a certain range.

Because the MC don’t want to play him. No point him being on this list if he’s not being picked.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back