Votes: 69 20.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Have compared Aish to Baker
at the same age
current season
Baker last season vs Aish this season
both last season.

Pretty even. Aish probably comes out a tad ahead.

We paid an R2 & R4 for Aish, R4 & R3

I think it has more to do with Young in the middle personally. We were starting to look good at the end of last year with him in the middle before that we looked shite.
Fyfe has a lot to do with taking tackles to get the ball to others in the midfield as well as putting blocks on, etc. I have no doubt if the coaches thought he wasnt performing then he would be rested more or have the occasional game off. Mundy wanted to play on and they convinced him to give it up so I think they can handle Fyfe and Walters when it is time.

I think it has more to do with Young in the middle personally. We were starting to look good at the end of last year with him in the middle before that we looked shite.
That has helped as well but Fyfe is taking the hits so that others can get away from stoppage which makes sense, I'd rather have Serong, Brayshaw and Young out in space..

So Fyfe has had nothing to do with the fact that we are the like the second rated team for stoppages and centre clearances?

Correct I don't think he does, or very little.

I think Serong, Young, Brayshaw, Darcy and Jackson play a much bigger part in clearances.

I think we would be better with someone else playing Fyfes role. I'm not sure how you can watch the game and not think so yourself.

at the same age
current season
both last season.

I find this hilarious as the sentiment of each team’s supporter base couldn’t be more polar opposite in regards to these two.

I don’t think I could find you a single post on here from a freo fan speaking about Aish the same way tigers supporters speak about Baker

That has helped as well but Fyfe is taking the hits so that others can get away from stoppage which makes sense, I'd rather have Serong, Brayshaw and Young out in space..

I'm not really sure what this means in practice? Like I get it's good in theory but is it reality?

Serong, Young and Brayshaw is our most used CBA group.

Fyfe always has the lowest time on ground out of the 3.

How does Fyfe take the hits? He tackles less? Or do you mean the first to receive the hit outs?

If we are selecting a player to block, and be the first to receive the hit outs so he takes on more of the physical heat, surely we can pick someone to do that role that can also tackle and spread, and potentially kick the footy.

I hate to be negative about our own players but it's just reality imo.

I find this hilarious as the sentiment of each team’s supporter base couldn’t be more polar opposite in regards to these two.

I don’t think I could find you a single post on here from a freo fan speaking about Aish the same way tigers supporters speak about Baker
I mean, we love Aish, sure. But certainly wouldn’t expect a top 10 pick for him.

They’re utilities, great to have, help release other players. But neither are THE guy.

I’d expect (given the picks we hold) to hand over a pick 15-ish for baker and a pick 30-ish. But I also wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a future second either.

I think the only thing he trumps Aish for, is finals experience, and on field aggression, which I think given where we’re at, is worth the late first.

I mean, we love Aish, sure. But certainly wouldn’t expect a top 10 pick for him.

They’re utilities, great to have, help release other players. But neither are THE guy.

I’d expect (given the picks we hold) to hand over a pick 15-ish for baker and a pick 30-ish. But I also wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a future second either.

I think the only thing he trumps Aish for, is finals experience, and on field aggression, which I think given where we’re at, is worth the late first.
I think the Richmond supporters in that thread are on crack and it's hardly worth engaging. Whoever heard of paying a stand alone late first rounder for a player of Bakers type and age, let alone a mid first. It's crack plus a "We are Richmond" attitude. Even neutrals view it through that prism. We are irrelevant interstate minnows and should pay and be greatful or they'll.. they'll....?
They'll what? Redraft him? Get West Coast to split their first pick at gun point? Saints second reconder is almost too much by itself imo. You'd think if this happens it'll be part of a larger deal that contains more wins for everyone involved.

at the same age
current season
both last season.

I'm pretty sure Collingwood were glad to get Aish off the books. That was the firesale trade season, wasn't it?

Not commenting on what Baker is worth, just noting that what we paid for Aish doesn't necessarily reflect how he might have been valued if Collingwood/Aish were in an equivalent situation to Richmond/Baker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aish is not directly relevant as a salary dump of a contracted player. Doesn't then follow Baker is worth all that much more though.
I'm not 100% sure he was in the end. Once they moved Treloar & Stephenson, think they were ok.

Memory of that is vague though.

I'm not 100% sure he was in the end. Once they moved Treloar & Stephenson, think they were ok.

Memory of that is vague though.
Nah, given they were in a world of shit. They were "ok" as in, not immediately breaching cap rules but they need more money gone. He was a soft dump but not someone they really wanted to keep.

JL specifically targetted him having inside knowledge of their situation

On Baker, while I agreed with the reasonable Tigers bro on 15, that was my absolute limit and that's knowing you are actually getting the 20th pick at a talent come draft night. In this unique draft, raw pick 20 feels pretty spot on, the Saints one falling back as far as it would (now with an open NGA pool as well) feels too much unders.

Some deal between our worst 1st and the Saints 2nd would be about right and if we are paying 600-700kish (old school 550) then I'm ok with that.

I'm confident they absolutely will not jeopardise getting one more big name in the door (Warner or Bolton) this year or next so I have faith in the list team

Funny thing is though, I went in swinging for the opposite fence to the Pick 3 for Baker brigade.

Turns out they were pretty close in the end.
There is seemingly a crazy dichotomy with Tigs posters between the absolute nutheads that make Dodo look human and the more than reasonable. Their board is absolutely ****ing wild

Assuming the intel is correct, once announced, and his body continues to hold up this year, should organise to get down to a peel game and see the big fella off in style.

Given a lot for the club through dark times.

Assuming the intel is correct, once announced, and his body continues to hold up this year, should organise to get down to a peel game and see the big fella off in style.

Given a lot for the club through dark times.
He looks a lot fitter and stronger the last two weeks. He'd have kicked 8 playing FF for East's on the weekend.

Not saying he isn't finished at AFL 'cause he is but with the far more limited running distances required at WAFL training enabling him reduce injury he could be kicking 60 or 70 snags next year.

Inside trading saying we are amongst a number of clubs interested in Isaac Cumming from gws

Inside trading saying we are amongst a number of clubs interested in Isaac Cumming from gws
Was actually wondering this earlier in the week.

Keep everyone distracted while we pounce on a free agent

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back