Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The more I think about it the more I am convinced Richmond would be deadset mad not to deal with Bolton and load up on first rounders this year. Would seriously accelerate their rebuild and also give them something to be excited about in the coming years. But to each their own, I’m far more invested in Warner

That's 3 draft picks and 3 new players. Who are you delisting to fit them all in?

Tabs, Hughes, and Corbett seem likely. Sturt Banfield, and Wagner are out of contract but in the team so likely to receive a contract offer. Emmett, NOD, and Knoble are out of contract but have shown something to persist with.
Keuk, Reidy, Jones, Voss, and Stanley are rookies so delisting them won't free up space for the draft, although they could free up space to move a contracted player like McDonald to the rookie list.
So info on tabs,

I have heard that he is talking to Claremont at the moment, so could be a just in case thing or he has received news he might be delisted

I hope Noddy stays another couple of years before he leaves or is delisted

The more I think about it the more I am convinced Richmond would be deadset mad not to deal with Bolton and load up on first rounders this year. Would seriously accelerate their rebuild and also give them something to be excited about in the coming years. But to each their own, I’m far more invested in Warner
Shai looked bloody good when we played them recently. We could definitely do something amazing with him in our forward line.

He’s their best & most exciting forward so they are probably a bit worried about the fan backlash.

It also confirms a full rebuild after topping up, probably not what you have been selling. Hard call, unless Bolton is desperate to get out the door.

Yeah I heard that, I didn’t really know we interested in a defender like that, unless we move Chapman on the wing on then Cummings takes his place in the backline

As you say, we might want to release Chappy to the wing. Or Cumming himself. But there's also Aish (29) and Wagner that have been playing down there that we could look at upgrading. Plus Ryan (28.5) will possibly need replacing before our window closes.

I think we would be looking at someone like Travaglia in the draft. And/or Rivers end of 2027 as a FA. Cumming in the mix makes sense. Might as well ask the question even if SA/NSW seem more likely.

Would much prefer Cumming over Baker due to size, speed and kicking differences.

Don't know much about Isaac Cumming so just googled him. First thing I saw was 'A GIANTS Academy product from Broken Hill'. This alone is enough to convince me he aint ever moving to Perth.
He also just did a six week hamstring injury. I think we can be more selective with our recruits risk profile in our position.

Can someone tell me what the attraction is to move Heath Chapman to a wing.
I don't see him as a wingam. I am not sure he has the taank to take on the running that is needed there.
I think he is a good back man, but not sure about as a wing man.
The attraction is his kicking becomes more dangerous as it’s then into the forwardline, similar to Young moving to the midfield.

I think I would only be happy if we got another elite user into the backline to replace him.

If we are pushed to overpay for either Bolton or Baker then we should bundle Brodie into the trade. It would more be about list space for us as the squeeze comes on, but a couple of seasons of a mature body during a rebuild may fit for the Tiges.

I don't see him as a wingam. I am not sure he has the taank to take on the running that is needed there.
The club seems to be considering bringing in Warner and Baker who would both squeeze some time out of a fully primed midfield. In that situation the only midfield opportunity for Chapman is wing.

To my eye Chapman hasn't hit the same highs he did pre-injury, and I would leave him in defence unless he does.

I'm warming more and more to using our picks at the draft tbh

(I've basically given up on Bolton and Warner this year)

Hope we don't only use 1, this draft is looking juicy

Even Kinnear said today that we will look back at this draft in a few years time and go "how did he slide to the rookie draft"

I trust walls as much as I trust the Sydney recruiting team, reckon he makes our picks count

Gives even more reason to cash out on players like Erasmus and Brodie (Erasmus while still valued and Brodie for list space)

Erasmus was brought up on gettable but no actual info on him just a question.

I agree with Ryan Daniels, we'll either trade picks for a player this year or trade them for future picks to get Warner next year.

Erasmus is a top 10 pick with 3 years in the system and can't get a game. Cooper Simpson will probably be a fringe player next year. Josh Draper isn't in our best 23 when everyone is fit. We don't need more kids.

No point trading Erasmus for pick 40, he's handy depth. Has a healthy player ever been delisted with 2 years on their contract? I can't think of an example, Brodie will be at the club next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Raz also brought up on the Hard Ball Gets show linked above, and Daniels said basically the same thing Bevo said about the year to run except with the impression he wasn't totally guessing ("I think he's playing the long game").

Would be surprised if we traded Raz: his value's fairly low right now, but much like many this season, his prospects could transform with a monster off-season. Would rather us stick with, risk potentially missing out on cutting out losses for the upside of what he can become. Brodie's probably the one where you can't see him changing his stripes, and if we don't like the player he is now you might as well find someone who does.

We've had a charmed run with injuries this year apart from round 1. Erasmus and Brodie are handy depth.

I agree with Ryan Daniels, we'll either trade picks for a player this year or trade them for future picks to get Warner next year.

Erasmus is a top 10 pick with 3 years in the system and can't get a game. Cooper Simpson will probably be a fringe player next year. Josh Draper isn't in our best 23 when everyone is fit. We don't need more kids.

No point trading Erasmus for pick 40, he's handy depth. Has a healthy player ever been delisted with 2 years on their contract? I can't think of an example, Brodie will be at the club next year.

I still think small forwards is a massive hole on our list, and if we don't get a very good player this year then we have missed an oppurtunity.

Adding outside speed and class to our midfield is also a must.

I know Daniels has a lot more info than I do, but I see us taking at least 2 picks with 1 maybe going to Baker. I don't see Bolton happening, and Warner will be next year.

As you say, we might want to release Chappy to the wing. Or Cumming himself. But there's also Aish (29) and Wagner that have been playing down there that we could look at upgrading. Plus Ryan (28.5) will possibly need replacing before our window closes.

I think we would be looking at someone like Travaglia in the draft. And/or Rivers end of 2027 as a FA. Cumming in the mix makes sense. Might as well ask the question even if SA/NSW seem more likely.

Would much prefer Cumming over Baker due to size, speed and kicking differences.
You have a good point.

But on the Cumming over baker thing I disagree baker I see is a forward/defender/wing so I believe he is the better option

Last edited:
The club seems to be considering bringing in Warner and Baker who would both squeeze some time out of a fully primed midfield. In that situation the only midfield opportunity for Chapman is wing.

To my eye Chapman hasn't hit the same highs he did pre-injury, and I would leave him in defence unless he does.
Of course, bringing in these players thatwe recruit, more than likely leaves us with players that we may have to move on as part of the deal.
Could Chappy become one of them.
It is ok to get new players in from other clubs, but the doiwn side is that most times players from our club need to be moved as well. When that happens,we generally get the ... "why are we losing him,and him and him".
Happens all the time, Logue ,Hamling, etc.

Brayshaw and Serong also serenaded Corbett, they make the pitch to every potential recruit, personally would much prefer we spend the $$ on luring Cumming from GWS, doesn’t cost any draft capital and is younger than Baker, also plays wing which is an area we need to improve or can play HBF and allow Chappy to move forward.
Cummings is a better kick than Baker too.

You have a good point.

But on the Cumming over baker thing I disagree baker I see is a forward/defender/wing so

I hadn’t thought of it like that

But with Cummings over baker I disagree baker is a forward that applies pressure also plays defence and can go on the wing
Baker plays very similar to Switta as a forward. He's great at pressure but not a goal kicker. Id rather use the draft pick we'd trade to get Baker on a genuine small forward.

I agree we don’t need more kids, but things can change quickly, a couple of trade requests, some injuries and a player or two not coming on.

I think if we did take all 3 first round picks, does that help us extend the back end of our window? Maybe it does.

The attraction is his kicking becomes more dangerous as it’s then into the forwardline, similar to Young moving to the midfield.

I think I would only be happy if we got another elite user into the backline to replace him.
Robbing Peter to pay Paul!!!!!
So we drop the thoughts that Noddy and Stanley can fill the opposite wing to Sharp!!

The coaches seem to see his potential for a wing role and they get plenty of data to go on.

I don't think there's anything wrong with his tank that I've seen. How does he go in the time trials?

He's a good size. Dynamic, fairly quick and can roost a ball. Handy attributes for a wing.

He might need another preseason to sharpen to the role, but if the team balance allows for it, he ticks a lot of boxes.

I agree we don’t need more kids, but things can change quickly, a couple of trade requests, some injuries and a player or two not coming on.

I think if we did take all 3 first round picks, does that help us extend the back end of our window? Maybe it does.
I think that it is inevitable that we lose some players that we may think are untradeable. You generally can't trade a pigs ear for a silk purse.
There are names on our list that other clubs may make a play for, Raz, Brodie, and maybe a few more that are siting in the wings
It is never all one way movement.

I think that it is inevitable that we lose some players that we may think are untradeable. You generally can't trade a pigs ear for a silk purse.
There are names on our list that other clubs may make a play for, Raz, Brodie, and maybe a few more that are siting in the wings
It is never all one way movement.
I agree

Also, I don’t think Brodie will play for us next year

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back