Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We can't get Rankine, that doesn't mean Bolton will be a massive upgrade on our current small forwards.

Is Bolton worth pick 7 and 16, plus 1 million dollars plus.

Just because we need a small forward, is no reason to overpay for one.

Being desperate does not mean you massively overpay.

This is old fremantle, where we would over pay for someone and then wonder why Lobb is playing for our side.

We need to be smart.

It depends what you think Bolton is worth, we have 3 first round picks this year so we are in a unique position to bring in an elite talent AND hit the draft with one or two of those picks.

There is a difference in value between contracted and uncontracted players.

Thing is though some fans seem to think the difference is far greater than it actually is. A contracted player is not worth double what an uncontracted player is.

The only difference between contracted and uncontracted players is which team has the right to pull out if one of the teams is unreasonable. It results in slightly but not massively different trade valuations. Most trades are within 10% of whatever fair is IMO no matter what a players contract status is.
Agree, which is why I don't want us to get him.

I think we will over pay massively (pick 7 and 16) and 1 million dollars

Is Bolton worth pick 7 and 16, plus 1 million dollars plus.

Just because we need a small forward, is no reason to overpay for one.
Actually think a lesser player that is more your classic small forward would be a better fit for Freo. Fans won't be excited until it wins us more games.

Hope the club goes with the best for rather than the player that'll sell the most memberships.

What do you think he is worth?

What makes him better than Mitch Owies?

Cmon, if you have watched them both play you would know which one out of Bolton and Owies is better. It's actually not even close.

I think he's worth the Pies pick so pick 7 and maybe the saints second rounder (pick 24?). Would be very happy to get it done and increase our chances of winning a flag.

Agree, which is why I don't want us to get him.

I think we will over pay massively (pick 7 and 16) and 1 million dollars
I don't think the price would be much more than pick 7 tbh. Pick 16 might be involved but only if we get a good second rounder back.

People in the media and fans like to focus on the highest picks traded but never talk about the slightly smaller pieces traded back. The difference between pick 16 and pick 21 might actually be nothing if the player we would've selected at pick 16 is still available

We have every right to walk away and target someone more appropriately priced. As a club we still need to use at least two or three selections and they may as well be decent ones even if we trade players in.

Cmon, if you have watched them both play you would know which one out of Bolton and Owies is better. It's actually not even close.

I think he's worth the Pies pick so pick 7 and maybe the saints second rounder (pick 24?). Would be very happy to get it done and increase our chances of winning a flag.

I agree he looks a better player, but the stats don't back it up.

He is very flashy.

Why is he a better player? Does he apply more pressure?

Change the defensive zone due to his speed?

I don't see any stats to back it up, but agree his a marginally a better player but Owies is only worth a 2nd rounder, and half the cash.

Pies is pick 8, will blow out to 9-10.

Same deal with 16, probably around 20. I think if we give two early picks for Baker and Bolton, I’d hope Richmond are paying some of the contracts. I mean who the **** are they going to pay?

I agree he looks a better player, but the stats don't back it up.

He is very flashy.

Why is he a better player? Does he apply more pressure?

Change the defensive zone due to his speed?

I don't see any stats to back it up, but agree his a marginally a better player but Owies is only worth a 2nd rounder, and half the cash.

Marginally better...at least argue in good faith. Owies would save salary and picks, you could argue we might be able to use the savings on someone else that helps us but to argue they are marginally close players is just silly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marginally better...at least argue in good faith. Owies would save salary and picks, you could argue we might be able to use the savings on someone else that helps us but to argue they are marginally close players is just silly.

Explain why Bolton is better than Owies?

What does he do that is so good?

What stats do you have to back it up?

To be honest, I was expecting Bolton to be pretty close to Rankine and Greene from a stats perspective, but he is a clear level down. He lack of polish concerns me massively.

Everything talks him up as being classy, but I think he misses as many goals or passes as he hits. He is very quick though.

We can go around in circles as much as we like in regards to what is a "fair trade" for Bolton, but at the end of the day, he's got 4 years to go on his contract, any semblance of fair is out the window, if we want him we're going to have to come to the table with a good offer.

Explain why Bolton is better than Owies?

What does he do that is so good?

What stats do you have to back it up?

I just gave you stats, his worst goal kicking season of the past 4 is better than Owies best season. Not to mention that Owies has never averaged 10 touches in a season where Bolton had 31 goals and averaged 21 last season...marginally better.

I'd have Bolton over Owies just so I don't have to look at Owies' head every week.
He reminds me of Sid from Toy Story
people story GIF

I'd trade Erasmus to the Tigers if it meant keeping a first round pick as well. Let's face it, Johnson is ahead of him and we still have Brodie as cover for Fyfe's role for another year.
Meanwhile draft another midfielder like Hayden Young that can start out in the backline..

I'd trade Erasmus to the Tigers if it meant keeping a first round pick as well. Let's face it, Johnson is ahead of him and we still have Brodie as cover for Fyfe's role for another year.
Meanwhile draft another midfielder like Hayden Young that can start out in the backline..
i doubt Erasmus would be much value in a trade like that, the draft is good Richmond will want picks

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back