Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If we end up with something like 9, 10 and 15, I wonder if we can somehow do a future first and 15 for Bolton, and use the other two firsts to have a genuine crack at Warner. West Coast can get a pick in the teens for Barrass and then spend 2 weeks arguing with Richmond about not giving it up for Baker

If this is even remotely the price being talked about, WC are actually ****ing nuts. They cant possibly justify a top 20 pick on him. I can only just justify pick like 18-20 for us.

I am still back on the Baker train but I'm not losing sleep on him for a price anywhere near that

If we end up with something like 9, 10 and 15, I wonder if we can somehow do a future first and 15 for Bolton, and use the other two firsts to have a genuine crack at Warner. West Coast can get a pick in the teens for Barrass and then spend 2 weeks arguing with Richmond about not giving it up for Baker
I think we would need AFL permission to not use enough firsts in a 4 year period

Richmond won't do that. They will be wanting a top 10 pick minimum.

You think he's worth it ? If so Id like to know how you arrived at this conclusion
I certainly don't
in my opinion
  • this side needs an extra small forward or two badly
  • we need that small forward to be someone who is a creative spark, create out of nothing match winner type player - most of our current smalls like switta etc are fine but are not that style of player
  • bolton's that style of player, is 25, AA level player who is a genuine match winner
  • players with his talent are never less than a first rounder, let alone being under contract still

If this is even remotely the price being talked about, WC are actually ****ing nuts. They cant possibly justify a top 20 pick on him. I can only just justify pick like 18-20 for us.

I am still back on the Baker train but I'm not losing sleep on him for a price anywhere near that
yeah baker makes us better but it's all about opportunity cost, anything more then the worst of our first rounders I just can't get behind

If we sell the farm or even consider a 1st round pick for Boton , Baker or any player over 22 well it means we have officially gone backwards over the course of 30 years as a club.
i may be forced to go a clear out Simon Garlics office myself

Hang on, Bolton is super talented. He’s worth a pick in the 6-10 range. You’d happily draft someone as good as Bolton at that range. Fronting up the salary now instead of draftee wages is the cost of getting the finished product.

Tell you what though, I am an almighty sucker for player trades. I'm immediately drooling about the idea of Bolton and Sturt next to Treacy and Amiss for 5 years.

Maybe if we ever get success I'll stop being such a sucker haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tell you what though, I am an almighty sucker for player trades. I'm immediately drooling about the idea of Bolton and Sturt next to Treacy and Amiss for 5 years.

Maybe if we ever get success I'll stop being such a sucker haha
bolton - treacy - switta
sturt - amiss - frederick

with jackson + mids rotating through, yes please

Really not sure how I feel about Ralph reporting that Bolton has requested a trade.

I want him at the club next year but I'm sure neither Bolton, Fremantle or Richmond want that information out now.

Ralph reporting it means Richmond want it out.

Read a stat somewhere that he's the 7th best center clearance player (per time spent at CBAs) in the league.
i think i'd just about want one of young or him at each CBA to be that attacking weapon coming out of the front of stoppage and letting us get reward for clearance

Ralph reporting it means Richmond want it out.
Richmond knew when he signed it was only a matter of time, there’s a bit of agent force with the language being used after they played a strong face initially so it’s a de-escalation move and changing the language/narrative to Richmond wanting to fast track their rebuild before Tassie comes

Love a homecoming WA player.
Pay overs
Yet a Victorian go home player gets hardly anything.

Controversial, but Baker is just a faster Reece Conca. He’s nothing we need

Out of all the posts this is the one that gave me a chuckle.
Firstly, everyone is faster than Reece Conca.
Secondly, Conca was reasonable at the time. I actually liked him.

Baker isn’t Reece Conca in any way.

I’d rather liken Baker to a massive upgrade on Aish. Can plug some roles, mainly back half. I wouldn’t Be against him playing front half and cleaning up some of our decision making and just of angles either.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back