Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

2022 just in case some need more convincing. I know it’s a highlights package, but they’re special highlights.

Plenty of crumbing goals and opportunistic goals that we lack.

I’d argue that you couldn’t create a package anywhere near as impressive with our entire smalls or mids from last 2 years.

This is the Bolton version I’m sure we’ll get in a team where the heavy lifting is done by others. If that makes him a front runner I don’t care.

Absolutely an icing on the cake signing... and I'm here for it if we can get it done.

As Richmond fans have pointed out, he's rarely going to drag the team back into a game but he's potentially a difference maker that buries the Carlton, Hawthorn or Essendon games.

2022 just in case some need more convincing. I know it’s a highlights package, but they’re special highlights.

I’d argue that you couldn’t create a package anywhere near as impressive with our entire smalls or mids from last 2 years.

This is the Bolton version I’m sure we’ll get in a team where the heavy lifting is done by others. If that makes him a front runner I don’t care.

I'll have some of that.

How about the Freo game. AP with the gift.

Imagine having a small forward who can snap off one step from 40m and it goes through at post height. I don't think we have anybody who makes the distance from 30m.

Imagine having a small forward who can snap off one step from 40m and it goes through at post height. I don't think we have anybody who makes the distance from 30m.

What I loved was his evasiveness. I’d need to delve deeper to see if he get caught HTB often, but he just seemed to dance his way through… again I know it’s a highlights package.

Banfield snapped one on the weekend that went through post high… it was the behind post, but he did give it some serious hang time!

What I loved was his evasiveness. I’d need to delve deeper to see if he get caught HTB often, but he just seemed to dance his way through… again I know it’s a highlights package.

Banfield snapped one on the weekend that went through post high… it was the behind post, but he did give it some serious hang time!
Actually, snaping for goal is the one thing Banners is elite at. Every 4th game for a quarter or two.

No doubt. But I don't believe JL wants blokes 25m out looking to pass though. Or mids streaming through the 50 kicking to a contest.

Our decision making in those moments is clearly not on point squad wide.
We really don't look like a team coached with the mantra 'if you have a shot, take the shot'.

Richmond hold our second and third round picks ?
Currently pick 30 and 48.

Jesus. Practically going to get young talent off Shai Bolton along with Pick 1, 21, 30.
That’s a decent hand straight off coming last
Port Adelaide must've re-traded over second rounder for Soldo.

Our third rounder was used to help get Cooper Simpson or at least the draft pick that got him.

Baker is an excellent kick. Elite decision maker and excellent at moving the ball on quickly with his 25-40m passes.

Yet some don’t want him.

Elite kicks in the draft are hard to find and transfer to AFL level.

You need elite decision makers.

Anyway, I think you’ve made your stance known.

I strongly disagree and would welcome Bolton and Baker with our current group over 3-4 lucky dips.

The draft is super important, but comes a time when you need to stop developing and start strengthening.

We don’t need to develop further IMO. We need to strengthen.

We still have plenty on the sheds to develop anyway.
If NOD goes to inside mid /wing, I wouldn't mind Baker. Just don't think he is the sort of forward we need and we have much better inside mids. Hhf rotating through the wing would be ok, but Young, Serong and Brayshaw are resting at hf.

I have seen Nathan Fyfe do an elite kick.

Mundy and Walters rarely miss a kick.

Bolton does lots of elite kicks, but he also misses some soda's as well. I just don't rate him as an elite kick.

Hypothetical.

If Bolton was to enter the draft, would you use pick 9 on him or would you rather the 9th best kid?

When considering where our side is currently.

This year Fyfe, Walters, O'Meara, Banfield and Aish played 100 games.
By the start of 2026, I don't think any of them will be best 22, and 3 of the 5 won't be best 22 next year.

I have said multiple times I like Baker coming in.

Berry could replace Walters.
Lalor or Hotton could replace Banfield.
Baker could replace O'Meara or Aish.
Erasmus\Brodie for Fyfe

If Switta leaves, that opens up another role.

Even Sharp, if someone is playing really really well then you could push him out.

I don't think list spots are as tight as other people think, and we have had virtually no injuries this year to our non key position players.
If we do end up going to the draft I'm fine with that. But I think your expectation that those draftees replace best 23 players is fanciful.

Erasmus and Simpson have been sitting on the sidelines because the step up is a big step when the squad is stepping into finals mode. MJ has been carried to an extent as well.

Go to 1.37 of that video. Sure as shit our guys are dropping that in the middle…which is really the “right” thing to do but sometime you need the magic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go to 1.37 of that video. Sure as shit our guys are dropping that in the middle…which is really the “right” thing to do but sometime you need the magic

We wouldn’t have someone who could pick that ball off, evade and then even use their non preferred foot to pass inside.

I would happily trade him for pick 9.

It is just paying 9 and 16, I think is too much.

Trades are rarely just 2 picks.
Even if 9,16 we’ll get a meaningless future 4th rounder back.

If the deal was done today for a requested 9 and 16? Man I’m just jumping on that deal.

We can still have 10 to pick another young player to develop.

I'm all in on the Bolton train man.....just get it the f*** done!! Enough namby pambying around already. We have had years of the Bailey Banfields running around, working as hard as they can and doing the best they can, but never ultimately improving us or going to elevate us to the next step beyond. Yes - agreed with other posters; we got the cake, now I want me some cream.......

Shai is a finisher, and often. We don't have anyone like that at the moment.
We've had 'em in the past, Mundy Hill etc but we don't have them now

Stop posting Bolton highlights...

200.gif

The real fun will begin when Warner puts his future plans on the table.

Then Sydney and Richmond will both have eyes for our picks, that neither could get a better deal next season and will know that each loses out if the other gets the deal done first.

This year Fyfe, Walters, O'Meara, Banfield and Aish played 100 games.
By the start of 2026, I don't think any of them will be best 22, and 3 of the 5 won't be best 22 next year.

I have said multiple times I like Baker coming in.

Berry could replace Walters.
Lalor or Hotton could replace Banfield.
Baker could replace O'Meara or Aish.
Erasmus\Brodie for Fyfe

If Switta leaves, that opens up another role.

Even Sharp, if someone is playing really really well then you could push him out.

I don't think list spots are as tight as other people think, and we have had virtually no injuries this year to our non key position players.

But we can still do something like that, except it is Bolton (a proven AFL star) instead of Berry (an unknown quantity). We could give up 3 first rounders for Bolton + Baker, and then have the Saints pick for say Hamish Davis as the Banfield replacement.

And as much as someone like Darcy Wilson looks good now and should keep improving, Sharp has him covered comfortably this year for most metrics. That's just one example where even if you cherry picked the draft, you still are unlikely to move the needle for years. And most picks will impact much less than Wilson. I've said go to the draft for 2028-2030 impact, but only if Bolton and Warner are off the table. Now that Bolton is in play, we must make it happen.

I replied to one of your earlier posts with Bolton's supreme numbers at Optus. Maybe you missed it. On average output, he would be close to the best performed player in the whole competition at our home ground over the last 3-4 years.

Thoughts on 9 and 10 with 21 coming back?

Would do. Would like a portion of salary paid off. Doesn’t have to be millions, but enough to not place us under pressure to make other plays down the track.

I think I’d prefer that then 9 and 17 and some future late pick.

If Richmond were to give a current pick back it would more than like be 9&10 with 30 coming back.

Even as disgusting as 9 and 10 straight up would be, if that’s what it boils down to I’d do it myself.

Bolton is that specific a piece i’m all in on flag or bust with him as that piece.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back