Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I have bounced between him and Kako a bit.

To me he just looks a very good player, who when he gets the ball makes it count either by kicking for a goal, or kicking to a team mate.

I am also on the Winder train, and now I have jumped on the Matt Johnson train.
I don't mind Joe Richards, and I am keen on Baker.
Man, I watched that afl.com.au "highlights" video that involved "man taking easy marks in around 50 and kicking straight" and I assume you have seen a lot more elsewhere...

I have bounced between him and Kako a bit.

To me he just looks a very good player, who when he gets the ball makes it count either by kicking for a goal, or kicking to a team mate.

I am also on the Winder train, and now I have jumped on the Matt Johnson train.
I don't mind Joe Richards, and I am keen on Baker.

Want to know who looks a good player?
It rhymes with… Bhai Sholton!

Haha.

We actually have a Shai Bolton type in the sheds. Cooper Simpson oozes AFL quality. Just needs time to build.

Hopefully we also grab someone you’re looking at. Joe Berry does look impressive.

The more I think about it, I think it's actually incredible we've had the scoring power we've had the back half of the season. Like, I watched Kozzie break a tackle on the 50 earlier in the year and jam it on his boot of one step for a goal. It was a good goal but nothing special but I was like, man, we have NO ONE who could do even that in the forward 50.

Our goals are all from marks and transition with basically nothing from stoppage. It will be unreal to watch Bolton do his thing up there
Just as importantly, Bolton will free up other players to do their thing. Playing Sturt has allowed Switta to get off the leash. Imagine the impact Bolton will have? If Jacko finds his form again alongside the natural development of Amiss, we could have a scary forwardline. Especially with our mids now kicking more goals!

I didn't want to do this, but you've forced my hand go_the_dockers

View attachment 2085782
The joke will be on us.
Bolton will come here and Freo will go down the gurgler.
Meanwhile, Matthew Johnson will put together one of the all time greatest highlights package in winning 3 premiership medals for North who took a punt on him with a rookie spot.

The joke will be on us.
Bolton will come here and Freo will go down the gurgler.
Meanwhile, Matthew Johnson will put together one of the all time greatest highlights package in winning 3 premiership medals for North who took a punt on him with a rookie spot.
Do you even know who is who? I'll be honest, I am not 100% sure I have the right photos.

Man, I watched that afl.com.au "highlights" video that involved "man taking easy marks in around 50 and kicking straight" and I assume you have seen a lot more elsewhere...

Very clean. Not afraid to go, when it is his turn. Decent in the air, probably won't get the make but will bring the ball to the ground very similar to how Walters does it.
Good hands on the lead.
Takes the right option with the handball. Not selfish.
Solid right foot.

If you get him with Port's pick, I think you have done well.

Yep, 9&17 with 30 coming back seems closer to the ‘overs’ we’d pay.

9 and 10 is close to the biggest price paid for a player?
In picks it might be quite close.

Let's not pretend that Josh Kennedy wasn't anything but a top ten valued asset when added to the Chris Judd trade

What I'll also say is I expect Port Adelaide to go out in straight sets if they lose round one of finals so that pick might not be that much worse than ours.

Man. Watching Bolton highlights and then watching these ‘highlights’

It’s like shopping for a Bugatti and then checking out the Honda Civic sales.

You seem so deadset on finding a gem as opposed to just grabbing the gem laid on the table in front of us. Just pick it up and pay the cost. No need to go digging!
Did you watch Aladdin?
Did you see what happened in the cave of wonders?

You can’t just take the gem!

Want to know who looks a good player?
It rhymes with… Bhai Sholton!

Haha.

We actually have a Shai Bolton type in the sheds. Cooper Simpson oozes AFL quality. Just needs time to build.

Hopefully we also grab someone you’re looking at. Joe Berry does look impressive.
Don’t think jai is this draft, but definitely worth keeping an eye on.

(Yeah, he has a little brother)

Very clean. Not afraid to go, when it is his turn. Decent in the air, probably won't get the make but will bring the ball to the ground very similar to how Walters does it.
Good hands on the lead.
Solid right foot.

Have you actually watched him live?

I mean, not to sound contradictory because obviously the Shai highlights are just highlights, but these are also just highlights.

The greatest highlights package I ever saw was Rankine. Thought he’d go pick 1 easily. SPS also had a great highlights package.

Clearly there’s knocks on him. He’s not in top 10 discussions.

Good hands on the lead.
Solid right foot.

First 3 ‘highlights’ dropped mark, missed handball to a target then seeing a ball out of bounds!

I can’t even be bothered watching more!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you actually watched him live?

I mean, not to sound contradictory because obviously the Shai highlights are just highlights, but these are also just highlights.

The greatest highlights package I ever saw was Rankine. Thought he’d go pick 1 easily. SPS also had a great highlights package.

Clearly there’s knocks on him. He’s not in top 10 discussions.
Not highlights.

All footage of him in 2 games. This is why thet look worse than a highlight package.

And there's a very good reason why Bolton and Baker have different values. Only one of them is a genuine match winner. Only one of them brings the exact thing which is missing from our side. Only one of them could push us into premiership contention by themselves.

Bolton also brings an intangible element to the game in the form of excitement from the fans. The ability to get the crowd fired up is underrated. Energy from the home crowd goes back to the players and lifts them. I went to the dreamtime match at Optus a few years back, and it was amazing to witness both his dynamic play and the crowd level from the Tigers fans whenever he went near the ball.
Baker also makes our team better by pushing one of the others currently there out.

As I have said multiple times, I don't rate Bolton that highly.

FYI - Rankine went for pick 6 or 7
Cameron went for 14, 17, 20 with 24 and 27 coming back.

Paying 9 and 16 for Bolton is massive overs in my opinion.

FYI - more than likely Berry is available at ports pick.

You might not rate him, but the general AFL community does.

We are going to pay significant overs in order to include significant salary relief. You can't treat this like a normal trade.

I actually think in a strange way Bolton being under contract could be a good thing, as it allows us to buy salary for a player we may otherwise not be able to fit under the cap.

Try viewing it as Schultz for Bolton and then trading a first rounder for 400k added to our salary cap.

I think we're still a decent chance to have a pick in Berry's range unless we get Baker too. Even then there is a slight possibility.
IF baker comes as part of the Bolton deal, it is unlikely to involve using an extra pick.

Allegedly

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back