Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I still don't know where I sit on the Baker train, all depends on the player he pushes out.
I think Baker is a no brainer as long as it doesn't cost us Chad.

If Chad isn't happening or by some miracle we can afford all 3, then Baker makes us better and we should just do it.

It'll be a laugh though when he's there and we pass and pick up Trainor instead
Not me, I'll want to hurt people.

Jeremy Cameron was already a star. He got multiple all australians, kicked 76 goals, 63, 53, multiples 40's at GWS.

His form has not improved since he went to Geelong.

Rankine average 13 possessions a game, and 1.6 goals, 1 goal assist at gold coast. He has had a small jump at the crows, but not much.

Sorry I misread I was thinking Charlie Cameron because they are the same position.

Rankine exploded after the trade, the stats don't tell the whole story.

I find the logic of people so desperate to take picks to the draft really strange.

The types we are trying to attract are all like 25 years old or younger. Bolton, Warner, Baker even Richards.

Why are you guys so worried about the 7 or 8 years after those guys have retired?

You really wanna spend multiple years developing players to HOPE that they can fill a role in the team in 2028?

Honestly makes no sense to just say "we need to take picks to the draft".

It entirely depends on who we are targeting trade wise and exactly who or what you want at the draft and for what reason.

I find the logic of people so desperate to take picks to the draft really strange.

The types we are trying to attract are all like 25 years old or younger. Bolton, Warner, Baker even Richards.

Why are you guys so worried about the 7 or 8 years after those guys have retired?

You really wanna spend multiple years developing players to HOPE that they can fill a role in the team in 2028?

It entirely depends on who we are targeting trade wise and exactly who or what you want at the draft and for what reason.

At the start of a rebuild draft picks are a premium.
At the stage to top up they’re less valuable.

That in itself is why Richmond and Freo will get this deal done.

Put simply, Hogan is the reason for these fears. 24 at time of trade. Are we quite in the same situation, I would say no.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo can take Winder as a SSP rookie just like Jeremy Sharp and secure Shai Bolton

One costs a rookie spot, the other costs two first round picks.

You don't always want to pay million bucks, when a 50k car would do the job.
It’s probably best to leave this post alone to the list managers on here who will happily touch their toes.
Most of them raved about Hogan and how Freo’s next Messiah pick will lead us to
the promised land.
It’s all your eggs in one basket and let the rest of the AFL community sit back waiting for the giggles.
Yes he is a good player but not one player is worth two top ten picks.
Let’s hope other clubs join the circus and Pickett is used to drive down the
price. Plenty of clubs will want to get in on this feeding frenzy.

It’s probably best to leave this post alone to the list managers on here who will happily touch their toes.
Most of them raved about Hogan and how Freo’s next Messiah pick will lead us to
the promised land.
It’s all your eggs in one basket and let the rest of the AFL community sit back waiting for the giggles.
Yes he is a good player but not one player is worth two top ten picks.
Let’s hope other clubs join the circus and Pickett is used to drive down the
price. Plenty of clubs will want to get in on this feeding frenzy.

Couldn’t the same be said with using the first rounders in the hope of landing the next messiah too? Is that not placing all eggs as well?

GWS and Gold Coast have had ridiculous amounts of top 20 picks for years. One of them hasn’t even played finals!

This is far from a Tim Kelly trade, completely different profiles.

We have a few eggs to throw. 2 of them at Bolton is fine. We’ll still have a couple of picks inside 30.

PLUS Bolton will give us at least 5 years of solid footy.

Erasmus, a top 10 pick has done what exactly? Brodie was a top 10 pick.

Been many top 10 busts.

Couldn’t the same be said with using the first rounders in the hope of landing the next messiah too? Is that not placing all eggs as well?

GWS and Gold Coast have had ridiculous amounts of top 20 picks for years. One of them hasn’t even played finals!

We have a few eggs to throw. 2 of them at Bolton is fine. We’ll still have a couple of picks inside 30.

Been many top 10 busts.
The counter to this would be:
Multiple picks = multiple baskets
Freo strike rate on drafting 1st rounders with Walls is demonstrably better than your GWS and Gold Coast examples.

Stats101 don´t fail me now...
Recent top 10 picks, Hits: Serong, Young, Amiss. Bust: Erasmus ==> Likelihood of getting at least 1 Serong/Young/Amiss hit out of two top 10 picks is: 3/4*3/4+2*3/4*1/4= 94%.
Getting two Hits, 3/4*3/4 = 56%.

P.S. I actually DO want to trade two first rounders for Bolton as I still think we have too few in that 25-28 y.o. bracket, 9, 17 and steak knives. Just have no idea where the steak knives will land w.r.t. 2nd rounder going up/down and salary cap relief.

Last edited:

Been many top 10 busts.
Yeah, but you guys would be terrible at playing poker😜
I definitely want him too, that’s not the issue.
We are in a good position to both trade and draft with both outcomes
being a win win.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back