• Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh the melts on here when Sturt leaves and Banners has 3 šŸ˜­

Deservedly. Sturt was on record a month ago or so in an interview saying he wants to buy a house in Perth, but living off 1 year deals he hasnā€™t had the security. He wants to stay and has earned multiple years.

If he leaves itā€™s because we apparently donā€™t value an improving natural forward and goalkicker who has improved the defensive part of his game. And want more C grade role players like Banfield with a quarter of Sturtā€™s ability, but is a nice guy.

Deservedly. Sturt was on record a month ago or so in an interview saying he wants to buy a house in Perth, but living off 1 year deals he hasnā€™t had the security. He wants to stay and has earned multiple years.

If he leaves itā€™s because we apparently donā€™t value an improving natural forward and goalkicker who has improved the defensive part of his game. And want more C grade role players like Banfield with a quarter of Sturtā€™s ability, but is a nice guy.
They are not mutually exclusive, so not sure this argument keeps coming up. Why Sturt hasn't signed maybe due to other things, not that he hasn't been offered

They are not mutually exclusive, so not sure this argument keeps coming up. Why Sturt hasn't signed maybe due to other things, not that he hasn't been offered

He may have been offered a bad deal, or a short deal. Vic clubs would absolutely be sniffing out a high goals per game player in his early-mid 20s. The club tried to lowball Acres and paid for it. We need Sturt in this team.

He may have been offered a bad deal, or a short deal. Vic clubs would absolutely be sniffing out a high goals per game player in his early-mid 20s. The club tried to lowball Acres and paid for it. We need Sturt in this team.
What if he wants to return to melb...then what? You don't know bts so just speculation

The club has announced **** all.

Nothing on Wagner, Voss or Banfield. The media seem to know they re-signed and those media sources don't usually BS on these sorts of things.

For some reason they're holding off announcements for contracts that are almost certainly done. I think there's 2-3 others that are just about certain to be on our list (or an AFL list) next year that the media hasn't said anything about yet too - not just Sturt.

I'd be very surprised if Emmett, Knobel or NOD were delisted tbh but they're either holding off finalising the contracts or just not announcing them IMO. We've heard a bit about Reidy too which could be done tbh.

Suffered the pain of watching most of the Ist 1/4 again. I was wrong.It was Draper trailing Hogan for the first goal. Closely but not close enough enough to effect a spoil.
After that it seemed to be Cox on Hogan. Did some good stuff plus the stupid 50.
I actually think Draper spent the most time on Hogan across the game. Cox's job was often to be the key spoiler in pack situations and cover structures (he spent a bit of time on Cadman too).

As I said, as is our M.O., we play a team defence. No one player will play 100% on another, they rely on structure and handing off depending on the scenario.

Nothing on Wagner, Voss or Banfield. The media seem to know they re-signed and those media sources don't usually BS on these sorts of things.

For some reason they're holding off announcements for contracts that are almost certainly done. I think there's 2-3 others that are just about certain to be on our list (or an AFL list) next year that the media hasn't said anything about yet too - not just Sturt.

I'd be very surprised if Emmett, Knobel or NOD were delisted tbh but they're either holding off finalising the contracts or just not announcing them IMO. We've heard a bit about Reidy too which could be done tbh.
I liked the way they played O'Driscoll when he came on at the weekend. Provided a lot of dynamism in the centre square. Especially as we need to expand our midfield options pronto.

Would be a good retention.

I actually think Draper spent the most time on Hogan across the game. Cox's job was often to be the key spoiler in pack situations and cover structures (he spent a bit of time on Cadman too).

As I said, as is our M.O., we play a team defence. No one player will play 100% on another, they rely on structure and handing off depending on the scenario.
Yes. Thats why the. MC said we mucked up the cross over.

A bit of reading between the lines here. Banners had 1 and 2 year deals from clubs in Melbourne. He wanted Freo to match, and we did (sorta). We likely gave him less money than Melbourne teams, but gave him performance clauses for a third season which means Banners has more security and could earn more over three if he plays well.

Sturt probably wants a 3 year deal or more for security, but the club is being cautious since he has had an injury riddled career thus far and he even had knee surgery last December. The club has likely indicated to his management they will extend him, but wants to see if his body and form holds up this year. We haven't had any journos reporting interest from other clubs about Sturt which means his management isn't waving the red panties around for other clubs to have a look.

Just like Sturt's last contract, I imagine it could end up being a 3+1 deal with performance clauses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If either NOD or Knobel are delisted we need to start again from scratch.

Does anyone else think Richmond are going to be another level of shite next year? Iā€™m talking West Coast in 2022 and 2023 level bad without being able to use injuries as an excuse.

Injuries are an excuse this year tbf but theyā€™ve had four players retire and have four players (unless Iā€™ve missed some) heavily linked to trades away. The four players requesting trades will set them back a few years. Itā€™s quite possible they 5-6 picks inside 40 but with losing all that experience and bringing in 18 year olds theyā€™re in for a lot of pain. Canā€™t help but think theyā€™ll be after some DFAs or trading in fringe players as well tbh.

No, we'd rather a 1 year deals with a trigger for a 2nd

Or at the very most a 2 year deal

As Taylor pointed out - the trigger is pretty irrelevant.

If he's playing well enough to still be getting games in 2026 given the squad should be hitting its peak by then, fantastic. Well deserved.
If he's not playing well or has stagnated but is still getting significant gametime in 2026, the club likely has far bigger problems than Banfield.
If he gets squeezed out next season, he won't be in a position to trigger the extra year (e.g., Conca). So it becomes a 2 year contract which most seem to be fine with anyway.

We need depth. He's perfect depth.

I can only gather they have projected forward to know what list spots will be available. I find it hard to believe we have a spot for him in 3 years unless he improves a fair bit. Unless they are going to play around with the rookie list again.

Does anyone else think Richmond are going to be another level of shite next year? Iā€™m talking West Coast in 2022 and 2023 level bad without being able to use injuries as an excuse.

Injuries are an excuse this year tbf but theyā€™ve had four players retire and have four players (unless Iā€™ve missed some) heavily linked to trades away. The four players requesting trades will set them back a few years. Itā€™s quite possible they 5-6 picks inside 40 but with losing all that experience and bringing in 18 year olds theyā€™re in for a lot of pain. Canā€™t help but think theyā€™ll be after some DFAs or trading in fringe players as well tbh.
Yep.

That much experience out make it really hard to be competitive.

They will be bottom 3 next year.

I would like to get a F2 from them.

Yes. Thats why the. MC said we mucked up the cross over.
Yep, I watched Draper ball-watch pleny of times or go to triple-team the player with the ball while letting a player run out the back. The time Cox spoiled and went to ground, Draper was standing over Cox ball-watching while Hogan went back to the square and got a freebie.
I know he's a rookie and young but his awareness of opponents needs to be better, he's no business ball-watching while the most dangerous forward runs free.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back