Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually think Draper spent the most time on Hogan across the game. Cox's job was often to be the key spoiler in pack situations and cover structures (he spent a bit of time on Cadman too).

As I said, as is our M.O., we play a team defence. No one player will play 100% on another, they rely on structure and handing off depending on the scenario.

The footage showed on First crack seemed to show that Cox was responsible for Hogan and Hogan was the one trying to get to Draper.

Yep, I watched Draper ball-watch pleny of times or go to triple-team the player with the ball while letting a player run out the back. The time Cox spoiled and went to ground, Draper was standing over Cox ball-watching while Hogan went back to the square and got a freebie.
I know he's a rookie and young but his awareness of opponents needs to be better, he's no business ball-watching while the most dangerous forward runs free.
Finally! I agree he is a young player and isn't really a defender yet. Just learning the caper. But he needs to improve.

I can only gather they have projected forward to know what list spots will be available. I find it hard to believe we have a spot for him in 3 years unless he improves a fair bit. Unless they are going to play around with the rookie list again.

I think we are fine for the end of 2025. Fyfe, Walters, Aish are almost automatic delists/retire. Unless Aish has a big year next year, he is gone.

We probably just need one more for 2025.

Gone
Matt Taberner
Ethan Hughes
Josh Corbett

Sign ASAP
Sam Sturt

Done enough
Nathan O'Driscoll
Liam Reidy
Sebit Kuek
Max Knobel

Don't know
Ethan Stanley
Conrad Williams
Odin Jones
Tom Emmett

Gone
Nathan Fyfe
Michael Walters
James Aish

Sign ASAP
Andrew Brayshaw

Wait to see
Jeremy Sharp
Oscar McDonald
Karl Worner
Neil Erasmus
Ollie Murphy
Jack Delean

The footage showed on First crack seemed to show that Cox was responsible for Hogan and Hogan was the one trying to get to Draper.
Draper was on Hogan for the first two goals but Cox was trying to help in the air. After that I think Cox took over but it didn't work at all. He couldn't go on the lead. The fact that we had to give up on Draper so quickly was an issue.

Draper was on Hogan for the first two goals but Cox was trying to help in the air. After that I think Cox took over but it didn't work at all. He couldn't go on the lead. The fact that we had to give up on Draper so quickly was an issue.

They showed Cox on Hogan at the first bounce and Hogan was the one that pushed onto Draper to cause the mismatch early. Unless I misheard the time of the game on First Crack, only watched it once.

That trigger for a 3rd had better be 22 games played...
Triggers on games are great. We can just play him as a sub if we want it for depth or do a Conca and drop him close to the trigger point and pretend he is no longer is on the list if we don’t.

2-3 years Depth is perfect. He just needs to know his limitations and get others involved instead.

Zero reason to get upset about Banfield getting two years as long as he's depth and not best 22. There are big men on AFL lists that simply never play and get a 10+ year career. Tom Campbell has played 50 games in his 12 years on an AFL list.

I think we are fine for the end of 2025. Fyfe, Walters, Aish are almost automatic delists/retire. Unless Aish has a big year next year, he is gone.

Gone
Matt Taberner
Ethan Hughes
Josh Corbett

Sign ASAP
Sam Sturt

Done enough
Nathan O'Driscoll
Liam Reidy
Sebit Kuek
Max Knobel

Don't know
Ethan Stanley
Conrad Williams
Odin Jones
Tom Emmett

Gone
Nathan Fyfe
Michael Walters
James Aish

Sign ASAP
Andrew Brayshaw

Wait to see
Jeremy Sharp
Oscar McDonald
Karl Worner
Neil Erasmus
Ollie Murphy
Jack Delean

I think Emmett has done enough. He’s a second year player who’s played around ten games. There’s limitations there but I’ve seen worse players win flags, especially if they’re some depth player lucky enough to be in the side at the right time.

Triggers on games are great. We can just play him as a sub if we want it for depth or do a Conca and drop him close to the trigger point and pretend he is no longer is on the list if we don’t.

2-3 years Depth is perfect. He just needs to know his limitations and get others involved instead.

Triggers can work very well for the club.

Sydney quite often do 3 +2, or even 3+ 3 years.

Papley from the swans had a 3+3 year deal, which stopped him from going to the Bombers and Carlton. (He triggered a 3 plus year extension in his last year of his contract)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dire for the Tigers if so cos I personally don't think the Eagles have bottomed out yet.
If West Coast manage to have a worse season than they did in 2023 I'll be very surprised, that was genuinely some of the worst football I've ever seen, even when we've been bad and down the bottom, we've never been that bad, at least when we were wooden spooners in 2001 we at least were competitive in a lot of games.

If West Coast manage to have a worse season than they did in 2023 I'll be very surprised, that was genuinely some of the worst football I've ever seen, even when we've been bad and down the bottom, we've never been that bad, at least when we were wooden spooners in 2001 we at least were competitive in a lot of games.

Maybe. I just can't see how their midfield gets better and losing Barrass and McGovern turning 33 next year...there is a reason no coach wants anything to do with them.

Gone
Matt Taberner
Ethan Hughes
Josh Corbett

Sign ASAP
Sam Sturt

Done enough
Nathan O'Driscoll
Liam Reidy
Sebit Kuek
Max Knobel

Don't know
Ethan Stanley
Conrad Williams
Odin Jones
Tom Emmett

Gone
Nathan Fyfe
Michael Walters
James Aish

Sign ASAP
Andrew Brayshaw

Wait to see
Jeremy Sharp
Oscar McDonald
Karl Worner
Neil Erasmus
Ollie Murphy
Jack Delean
Sharp is not in the same category as Murphy, Delean, etc. He has been picked in every starting 18 team and has pace and stamina unlike other players we have. We just need to tidy up his disposal and teach him to look inside from time to time but he is going to be on that wing for a long time.

Dire for the Tigers if so cos I personally don't think the Eagles have bottomed out yet.
I agree with that given the old brigade + Waterman and Reid are going to dominate the Eagles B&F.

But I reckon most of those players have at least 1-2 seasons of decent footy left which will keep them ahead of the Tigers. The problem they have is the next crop isn't going to be in before the majority decline/retire which is why they've got a long road ahead.

Bolton is a gamble worth taking.

Mercurial and inconsistent yes, but complements our talls really well, and will draw a lot of attention from the opposition defenders so the other smalls/mid sized/forwards drifting forward may get a touch more space.

I’m not convinced on Chad Warner.

Warner kicks as many goals as Shai from the HFF and not the pocket. He is younger and already better.

Sharp is not in the same category as Murphy, Delean, etc. He has been picked in every starting 18 team and has pace and stamina unlike other players we have. We just need to tidy up his disposal and teach him to look inside from time to time but he is going to be on that wing for a long time.

I left it open. Things change pretty quickly.

They played like that again on the weekend against a younger Carlton side. The on again, off again effort isn't going be good for the young kids. Lose a few senior players and retain the bad ones and they could go backwards again.

They played like that again on the weekend against a younger Carlton side. The on again, off again effort isn't going be good for the young kids. Lose a few senior players and retain the bad ones and they could go backwards again.
I hope they ingrain that inconsistency in the next batch.

Those "highlights" of Darling and Cripps "pressuring" from the Blues game is hilarious. I hope that's the example they are setting.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back