• Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Sturt wants out
I will reveal the info after the final game. And I could be wrong as it's not straight from the horses mouth it's from someone attached to the radio media

Don't think Aish is a certainty to be cut next year at all tbh. If there's an injury on the backline before round one he's good enough (or at least has been) that he could play well enough to not lose his spot in the side.

Our other HBF depth is Worner so with Aish on the list it's half way to decent (I expect we'll be developing one of the Irish guys there). Without it's pretty much dire. The two retirements and a few other fringe out and it makes keeping Aish not all that difficult.

Don't think Aish is a certainty to be cut next year at all tbh. If there's an injury on the backline before round one he's good enough (or at least has been) that he could play well enough to not lose his spot in the side.

Our other HBF depth is Worner so with Aish on the list it's half way to decent (I expect we'll be developing one of the Irish guys there). Without it's pretty much dire. The two retirements and a few other fringe out and it makes keeping Aish not all that difficult.

29 or 30 year olds, who are not best 22 don't last very long on a list.

Not gauranteed to be delisted, but I would say he is 80% chance if he can't find away back into the best 22.

The footage showed on First crack seemed to show that Cox was responsible for Hogan and Hogan was the one trying to get to Draper.
LOL First Crack. It's all too often selective narrative feeding in the most brazen fashion. A David King speciality.

I swear the other day, prior to the game when King was looking to bag him out, the montage on Cox included a clip of one incident interwoven about 3 times to pad it out and insinuate it was multiple incidents.

The club has announced **** all.

Nothing on Wagner, Voss or Banfield. The media seem to know they re-signed and those media sources don't usually BS on these sorts of things.

For some reason they're holding off announcements for contracts that are almost certainly done. I think there's 2-3 others that are just about certain to be on our list (or an AFL list) next year that the media hasn't said anything about yet too - not just Sturt.

I'd be very surprised if Emmett, Knobel or NOD were delisted tbh but they're either holding off finalising the contracts or just not announcing them IMO. We've heard a bit about Reidy too which could be done tbh.

How many days of announcements do you need prior to Brayshaw around Christmas?
I think Taylor's on to something here: Freo preparing for a "12 days of Christmas" extension announcement thing. Freo media team gonna win the off-season!

LOL First Crack. It's all too often selective narrative feeding in the most brazen fashion. A David King speciality.

I swear the other day, prior to the game when King was looking to bag him out, the montage on Cox included a clip of one incident interwoven about 3 times to pad it out and insinuate it was multiple incidents.

I mean it was clear footage of Cox on Hogan and Hogan pushing up to get a matchup on Draper but yes, it's David King making up a narrative....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Taylor's on to something here: Freo preparing for a "12 days of Christmas" extension announcement thing. Freo media team gonna win the off-season!
The issue with that is most of these guys come out of contract in October or something.

Brayshaw which I believe is what she was referring to is different because he's contracted for next year.

As Taylor pointed out - the trigger is pretty irrelevant.

If he's playing well enough to still be getting games in 2026 given the squad should be hitting its peak by then, fantastic. Well deserved.
If he's not playing well or has stagnated but is still getting significant gametime in 2026, the club likely has far bigger problems than Banfield.
If he gets squeezed out next season, he won't be in a position to trigger the extra year (e.g., Conca). So it becomes a 2 year contract which most seem to be fine with anyway.

We need depth. He's perfect depth.
You can't say that without knowing the trigger though

Sub games count for the trigger, he can play a good role at sub level but not if it's gonna cost us a 3rd year

If it's a high games trigger like 30 then I'm fine with it

I mean it was clear footage of Cox on Hogan and Hogan pushing up to get a matchup on Draper but yes, it's David King making up a narrative....
They're selective. Just finished watching the whole game with a careful eye on Hogan. Draper went to Hogan, especially when deep. It makes sense athletically, especially with Cox on a severely reduced preparation. And it's a consistent M.O. that we play team defence. So it would switch from time to time. Likewise, it would make sense Hogan would occasionally look to shift the matchups.

But having watched the whole game Draper had plenty of time on Hogan. Cox did too, but the team preference would've likely had him deal with intercepts and long kicks in to the talls. Cox had plenty of contests with Cadman and even Keefe.

The narrative by King would sell the story it was a whole game match up of Cox vs Hogan. Which is the seed he planted the week before. Thus... selective clips.

Rotten timing for Ethan Stanley. Is he injury prone or just unlucky? From The West;

Wingman Ethan Stanley has suffered a late-season injury setback.

The second-year Docker, who has not played a senior game this season, limped off the track in the hands of trainers late in Thursday’s session and reemerged with ice on his right ankle.

Stanley missed a large chunk of the start of the season with an ankle injury. He did not play WAFL between rounds four and 11.

Rotten timing for Ethan Stanley. Is he injury prone or just unlucky? From The West;

The second-year Docker, who has not played a senior game this season, limped off the track in the hands of trainers late in Thursday’s session and reemerged with ice on his right ankle.

Stanley missed a large chunk of the start of the season with an ankle injury. He did not play WAFL between rounds four and 11.
In a very deep draft year, that isn't great timing for Stanley

Yikes. He's got promise, but if you are looking to make cuts and it's difficult, players who can't seem to get on the park would be a brightly flashing red light 🚨.

A few players have moved past Stanley this year anyway given the opportunities were there when he was injured. A fringe player not playing a single game in a year when he's out of contract isn't a good sign. It may come down to Stanley v Noddy for the final list spot, and I would suspect Noddy would be ahead in the pecking order.

A few players have moved past Stanley this year anyway given the opportunities were there when he was injured. A fringe player not playing a single game in a year when he's out of contract isn't a good sign. It may come down to Stanley v Noddy for the final list spot, and I would suspect Noddy would be ahead in the pecking order.
Long way ahead, I suspect.

NOD is a lock to stay.

Jones, Williams and Kuek are the ones competing with Stanley. Plus Knobel on the main list. And who knows, maybe they all stay? They are all project players the club would have been anticipating to take many years to make it.

We've got 3 players almost certainly leaving with Taberner, Hughes, Corbett. Our 4 decent draft picks will probably only bring in 3 players (e.g. Bolton + 2 kids, or Bolton + Baker + 1 kid).

There would usually be more turnover than 3, but there could be retirements or trade requests from contracted players.

NOD is a lock to stay.

Jones, Williams and Kuek are the ones competing with Stanley. Plus Knobel on the main list. And who knows, maybe they all stay? They are all project players the club would have been anticipating to take many years to make it.

We've got 3 players almost certainly leaving with Taberner, Hughes, Corbett. Our 4 decent draft picks will probably only bring in 3 players (e.g. Bolton + 2 kids, or Bolton + Baker + 1 kid).

There would usually be more turnover than 3, but there could be retirements or trade requests from contracted players.
Is the mandatory 3 picks taken in the draft still there?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back