Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

There’s no need to throw everything at both Baker and Bolton.
Just do 2 firsts and future third for Bolton.
No need to add Sturt or anyone.

Baker can go to West Coast. There’s no need for that type at Fremantle

We can't lose Sturt now. But you can hardly blame him if he's been offered a good deal and stability elsewhere. It's messed up he's been here 5 years and can't buy a house because of the way he's been treated. Just coming good and out the door. Ridiculous.

My read is that Baker wants West Coast, but they're not committing yet due to trade capital (fair enough, I agree with Snuffaluphagus they're bonkers giving more than a pick in the mid 20s for him). They are waiting to see if they can find a way to get this done without using an early pick.

We're just his backup in case that falls through. If true, should tell him to GAGF.

My read is that Baker wants West Coast, but they're not committing yet due to trade capital (fair enough, I agree with Snuffaluphagus they're bonkers giving more than a pick in the mid 20s for him). They are waiting to see if they can find a way to get this done without using an early pick.

We're just his backup in case that falls through. If true, should tell him to GAGF.
Agreed. If he doesn't want to be here what's the point. Maybe the last 3 weeks have swayed him.

Honestly, out of contract Baker isn’t worth more than their second round pick (23) that’s fair value and Richmond are dreaming if they think they can get more than that.

Honestly, out of contract Baker isn’t worth more than their second round pick (23) that’s fair value and Richmond are dreaming if they think they can get more than that.
They'll be stalemate because Richmond won't except that.

Then on the last day of trade period Baker will be traded for pick 23 and a F4.

I've never thought he's worth more than ~20 OOC.

There's no standout trait other than maybe high B&F finishes in premiership years, but that just means he played his role well. Nothing wrong with that, but you don't pay first rounders for 27yo roleplayers.

That said, I hope West Coast see it differently and give up pick 3.

That's exactly the situation and has been ever since he made the choice to return home. Freo was always going to be the ugly step sister for him.

Interestingly, the whole media has made an assumption that if Baker chooses us, we are going to trade Bolton and Baker in as a package because they're both coming from the same club. I think Walls will separate the trades to ensure that we're paying fair value/not overpaying for both players.

The Butler trade could be based around the Saints 2nd round pick that we currently hold, with an exchange of F3 or F4 picks maybe thrown in from both sides. He's out of contract, so we should be holding firm on a good deal.

Boltons trade will involve 2 of our 3 1st round picks without a doubt, with negotiations revolving around what happens around the edges with a pick potentially returning to us, and how much (if any) of Bolton's salary Richmond will continue to pay.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bolton's trade got done before Baker's trade. There's also every chance we're able to hit this draft and next year's draft with a full suite of picks if we play our cards right and Richmond play ball.

Last edited:
Interestingly, the whole media has made an assumption that if Baker chooses us, we are going to trade Bolton and Baker in as a package because they're both coming from the same club. I think Walls will separate the trades to ensure that we're paying fair value/not overpaying for both players.

The Butler trade could be based around the Saints 2nd round pick that we currently hold, with an exchange of F3 or F4 picks maybe thrown in from both sides. He's out of contract, so we should be holding firm on a good deal.

Boltons trade will involve 2 of our 3 1st round picks without a doubt, with negotiations revolving around what happens around the edges with a pick potentially returning to us, and how much (if any) of Bolton's salary Richmond will continue to pay.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bolton's trade got done before Baker's trade.

Perhaps the fair way is to include them together?

I've never thought he's worth more than ~20 OOC.

There's no standout trait other than maybe high B&F finishes in premiership years, but that just means he played his role well. Nothing wrong with that, but you don't pay first rounders for 27yo roleplayers.

That said, I hope West Coast see it differently and give up pick 3.

Agree, an out of contract Baker is only worth a 20+ pick.

My dream would be west coast giving up a future first for Bolton, and us getting Baker for pick 25.

I think his toughness would be good for the squad, plus his delivery into the forward 50 would be brilliant.

FYI - I think he is waiting to see who the coach is, and if the coach even wants him. The coach may want to bring in other players.

My dream would be west coast giving up a future first for Bolton, and us getting Baker for pick 25.

I think his toughness would be good for the squad, plus his delivery into the forward 50 would be brilliant.

FYI - I think he is waiting to see who the coach is, and if the coach even wants him. The coach may want to bring in other players.
Had to remove my like when I read this properly...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps the fair way is to include them together?
I'm not sure how splitting the trades isn't seen to be fair? They are two different players with vastly different valuations and Walls' job is to extract maximum value for our club. I'd argue that that can only happen in this situation if the trades are split.

I'm not sure how splitting the trades isn't seen to be fair? They are two different players with vastly different valuations and Walls' job is to extract maximum value for our club. I'd argue that that can only happen in this situation if the trades are split.

Think I read this years draft is meant to be unusually deep and even. If true 2nd rounders might be perceived as more valuable to clubs in than a standard draft year ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think I read this years draft is meant to be unusually deep and even. If true 2nd rounders might be perceived as more valuable to clubs in than a standard draft year ?

It will depend on each clubs Individual rankings and if players they like have “slipped through” on draft night, I can almost guarantee some contending clubs will put their future first on the table until that player gets taken.

It is great year to have a lot of picks between 6 and 30.

Top 17-20 is very strong, and more than likely clubs will few players differently, so your 15th best players could be available at pick 25.

Very likely the other way around.

Baker to West Coast
Bolton to Freo (or they hold him under contract)

Baker will be the lower cost option. Pick 23 or an F2. He’ll be a bit like Jackson where he says he wants to return to WA but in reality WC is the club he has chosen.

Bolton won’t be going to WC. After haggling for a a couple of weeks the deal will look something like:
9,17, F2 > Bolton, 39

If he ends up on minimum wage I’m not against it. Would be worth the risk if he can stay healthy
1. Carltons management of players is embarrassing so a change of scenery could do his body a world of good
2. He was elite in the finals series last year and if he plays could win us a few games
3. Even if he only plays 5 games for the year that’s 5 less games of Banfield I have to watch so I’m all for it it’s not my money we are wasting

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back