Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This off season will either push us into the top 4, or stuff up our rebuild.

So many moving pieces, we need to get the decisions right.
I think we make top 4 without any changes. Get another elite forward or two and we are contending.

Not sure how we can stuff up when we are so draft capital rich. After slowly building and meticulously planning our path, they aren’t going to go blow it all on one go. Have some faith.

Even 2018 is now less than a disaster considering the return we got on Shultz. Everything we touch is working out, even if we still fall short on the field.

I wasn't totally against Martin coming in as "possible depth", but then when people not-so-subtly started pointing out maybe because Sturt is leaving and more as a replacement, I started to feel my colour change, and felt......awfully violated.....awfully quickly

I think we make top 4 without any changes. Get another elite forward or two and we are contending.

Not sure how we can stuff up when we are so draft capital rich. After slowly building and meticulously planning our path, they aren’t going to go blow it all on one go. Have some faith.

Even 2018 is now less than a disaster considering the return we got on Shultz. Everything we touch is working out, even if we still fall short on the field.

There is no way we can screw up the rebuild in this off-season, we either trade for needs ie Bolton or we stay the same and go to the draft with 3 high picks. The draft route would be a mistake IMO but either way the rebuild won't be determined at this offseason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, as dire as swapping Sturt for Martin would be, after the Pies off-seasons leading up to 2023, they've demonstrated it is basically impossible to take yourself out of contention with a single bad off-season.
The Pies' poor off seasons leading to 2023 showed that there's much more wiggle room for a big Vic club.

Smaller interstate clubs need to get everything right to win a premiership. Fewer free agents and father sons to bail us out.

Nah, as dire as swapping Sturt for Martin would be, after the Pies off-seasons leading up to 2023, they've demonstrated it is basically impossible to take yourself out of contention with a single bad off-season.

I am trying to be glass half full, but with so many moving pieces I just feel this off season will either set up our dynasty or could stuff it up.

Lot's of potential ins, a lot of draft picks, and hopefully not too many best 22 leaving.

If Sturt leaves I'm going to be so mad I'll write a strongly worded comment on BigFooty complaining.
Kermit The Frog Reaction GIF by Muppet Wiki

Getting Martin for virtually free is no issue for mine. Depth at the very worst, if he gets his body right he takes Banfield's spot. Taberner, Corbett, Sebit? are unlikely to be on the list next year, so I don't think bringing Martin in has anything to do with Sturt leaving. Just replacing departing depth forwards (yes I know Martin is a very different player from those three)

Getting Martin for virtually free is no issue for mine. Depth at the very worst, if he gets his body right he takes Banfield's spot. Taberner, Corbett, Sebit? are unlikely to be on the list next year, so I don't think bringing Martin in has anything to do with Sturt leaving. Just replacing departing depth forwards (yes I know Martin is a very different player from those three)

Honestly, it's such a nothing issue if we get Martin for sweet f-all. He either sits on the list and doesn't get a game/injured or he could potentially play a role in pushing top 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back