List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 39 49.4%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We need a little bit of both.

No point having all that spare cash, if we don't have the trade currency to bring in who we want.
For sure but my point was more in regards to old m8s suggestion that we should be getting a second back with a 9/14 trade for Bolten with the tigers.

It just isn’t happening for the simple fact the tigers at this stage will value idraft picks , certainly second rounders , above salary cap space of which they ll have a shit tonne.

It’s big reason along with the obvious contracted status they ll ask the world of both Bolten AND Rioli

Pick purchasing in not so subtle disguise

Conversely trying to extract a late 3rd or the like out of them is hardly going to move the needle for us in trades for who we’re rumoured to be after

We have access to 4 first rounders plus a decent second this year and another 2 next year .

It should be close enough to get what we want , barring anything more then we’re simply going to have to move on some one half decent
There’s just no getting around that

We had 7 & 8.

9 was created when Carlton bid and we matched (pushing them to 10, before they bid on Green and then traded it away, campaigners).

Remember, had they kept it, they’d have Flanders instead of Kemp / Carroll. Massive losers / dummy spitters when they missed on Serong / Young.

Richmond hold:
R1: #1, F1
R2: #21, #29, F2
R3: #39, #41, #47, F3
R4: #57, #66, #73, F4

Fremantle hold:
R1: #9, #10, #17, F1
R2: #27, F2
R3: F3
R4: #63, F4

Gold Coast hold:
R1: #6, #13, #20, F1
R2: #26, #34, F2
R3: #46, F3
R4: #70, F4

Richmond are heavy on late picks and moving players to the two sides heavy on top picks.

We will end up holding some late picks.

Last edited:

Damn, I forgot about Corbett not counting because of Voss!

Bolton - Taberner.
Martin - Hughes.
Third trade target - Brodie trade.
Draft pick - Emmett, re-rookie.
Draft pick - hypothetical Knobel trade, must draft a replacement.
Draft pick - Walters retirement.
Rookie pick - Jones.
Rookie pick - Kuek.

Brodie won't be traded. He was a salary dump from GC and now he's 3 years older. No one will take him, similar to Connnor Blakely who spent the last few years of his contract playing for Peel.

Richmond hold:

Fremantle hold:

Gold Coast hold:

Richmond are heavy on late picks and moving players to the two sides heavy on top picks.

The Port Adelaide pick looks like 13 or 14 now.

What's your prediction on the Bolton deal? We'll offer 9 and 27, they'll want 9 and 10 and we'll settle on 9 and 14 with Bolton, 39 and a F4 coming back. That's my guess. Anything more than that is overs, anything better is a win.

It's been suggested that Richmond will look to trade the Bolton pick with Baker for pick 3 and the Eagles will take Bo Allan. Hopefully that doesn't happen if we retain a first rounder because I rate Allan.

Last edited:
Richmond hold:

Fremantle hold:

Gold Coast hold:

One of those 3 clubs is going to end up with Brisbanes 1st round pick this year, I’m hoping it’s us as Tigers won’t have enough list spots to carry all those 1st 2nd and 3rd round picks into the draft night and Brisbane will want someone to hold them.

**** I hate this thread 😭
Come one trade week and put us all out of our misery 😂
I hate it too.

But I also love it...

andy murray middle finger GIF by Tennis TV

Brodie won't be traded. He was a salary dump from GC and now he's 3 years older. No one will take him, similar to Connnor Blakely who spent the last few years of his contract playing for Peel.
He was a salary dump because he was being paid an absurd amount, partly due to pay deferrals. There was even a figure out there saying, were it not for the trade, Brodie was due to be paid 600k from Gold Coast the following year. We'd have to be complete lunatics to be paying him anywhere in that realm. Given Freo's form, more likely a low flat rate with incentives that he hasn't hit. We're also talking about a player who's only a couple years removed from a double digit brownlow vote season.

I'm not saying there's gonna be some crazy market for him by any means. But I think there's gonna be some team that needs midfield reinforcements which will look at him as a moneyball solution, and with only 2 years left on the deal now I think that's a figure other teams would be willing to match. You'd also hope that now having been playing WAFL for 2 seasons basically, Brodie himself would be more open to finding a new club, though he seems settled in WA.

I think we’ll select 4 players in the ND. The Rookie Draft we haven’t had much involvement in recent years aside from 1-2 picks and some of those mature age like Voss and Sharp.

I’d consider Martin as SSP rookie list. Jones, Kuek and Stanley questionable. That opens two spots on rookie list.

Primary list:
Hughes, Corbett, Tabs, Walters (should retire), Brodie (move on/trade), one other Delisting if no other trades (Delean - I’d delist and re-list him to Rookie list if needed - depends on whether any other players request a trade.

The above would enable 2 traded in and 4 ND selections.

Then re-sign Emmett, re-sign Knobel and definitely re-sign NOD.

I think we’ll select 4 players in the ND. The Rookie Draft we haven’t had much involvement in recent years aside from 1-2 picks and some of those mature age like Voss and Sharp.

I’d consider Martin as SSP rookie list. Jones, Kuek and Stanley questionable. That opens two spots on primary.

Primary list:
Hughes, Corbett, Tabs, Walters (should retire), Brodie (move on/trade), one other Delisting if no other trades (Delean - I’d delist and re-list him to Rookie list if needed - depends on whether any other players request a trade.

The above would enable 2 traded in and 4 ND selections.

Then re-sign Emmett, re-sign Knobel and definitely re-sign NOD.
Corbett doesn't count though.

He and Voss are sharing a seat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Houston came out a week or so ago saying he’s staying at port? Or has that changed
Port were about to head into a finals campaign, and Melbourne focused on other things.

What, really?
Yeah, there's a little bit floating around that it's not dead.

So aside from holding fire on our other targets due the whale, Melbourne are going all in.

Houston came out a week or so ago saying he’s staying at port? Or has that changed

Probably initially changed his mind when it seemed Petracca and Pickett could be leaving, and now has flipped again if they are going to stay. His initial dealings would have been under the assumption he was going to play with those guys and Melbourne would be in contention.

Yeah, there's a little bit floating around that it's not dead.

So aside from holding fire on our other targets due the whale, Melbourne are going all in.
I dont know, for me, getting Houston means they have to let Pickett go if he was actually trying to get a trade. You cant trade for a contracted player who appears to just want to get back to his home state then sit back and tell your bloke that it's not happening. That's being a bit of a flog

I dont know, for me, getting Houston means they have to let Pickett go if he was actually trying to get a trade. You cant trade for a contracted player who appears to just want to get back to his home state then sit back and tell your bloke that it's happening. That's being a bit of a flog
Yeah, but Melbourne.

The Port Adelaide pick looks like 13 or 14 now.

What's your prediction on the Bolton deal? We'll offer 9 and 27, they'll want 9 and 10 and we'll settle on 9 and 14 with Bolton, 39 and a F4 coming back. That's my guess. Anything more than that is overs, anything better is a win.

It's been suggested that Richmond will look to trade the Bolton pick with Baker for pick 3 and the Eagles will take Bo Allan. Hopefully that doesn't happen if we retain a first rounder because I rate Allan.
Port would still be favoured to bounce back at home. Tough game against WB or Hawks though. We should also know about Butters this afternoon. He has been sent off to Hospital.

If Port win the best we can hope for is 15. That would require Sydney to make Prelim and lose their game. If Sydney go out in straight sets and Port don’t it is likely pick 16 for Port.

If Port go out in straight sets then we have a win it is pick 14 or 13 (if Sydney also go out in straight sets).

Is there any actual info that we’re after someone big (Shai aside) this trade period or is it just people reading between the lines?

Don’t ruin it
Sorry.

There's a collective deep breath happening right now to see what happens elsewhere.

If we get the negative, Koz is absolutely on.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back